Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:59:11 PM
714377 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Have you ever been knocked out cold? « previous next »
Poll
Question: Have you ever been knocked out cold.
Yes, due to an attack - 1 (5.3%)
Yes, due to an accident. - 3 (15.8%)
Almost, my legs got wobbly but I stayed concious. - 7 (36.8%)
Yes (other reason) - 1 (5.3%)
Never - 7 (36.8%)
Total Voters: 18

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Have you ever been knocked out cold?  (Read 4535 times)
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« on: July 06, 2011, 10:36:37 PM »

Have you ever been knocked out before?  Personally I almost got knocked out by an unlikely source, my father.  My dad was hardly a violent guy and we've always had a great relationship so it wasn't anything personal.  

However, we were playing football with a few of my friends and my dad received the kickoff.  Well he was a bit PO'd at one of the more annoying guys playing due to him constantly forarming my father in the head.  My dad was attempting to forarm him back and my face got in the way of his fist.  My legs almost went out from under me and I was a bit wobbly.  I do recall seeing lights too.  However, I managed to stay on my feet though I had a fat lip and sore head.  

That was the closest I've ever come being knocked out.  I think since I hardly expected it was a factor also.

So how about you?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 10:39:14 PM by The DarkSider » Logged

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 11:04:16 PM »

The last thing I remembered, as I saw the pavement rushing towards my face, was "Damn, I'm gonna get another scratch in my helmet."

Good thing I had it on, obviously.

When I came to, a few good Samaritans were gathered around, telling me to relax, & I jokingly quipped something to the effect of, "That's kinda hard to do when there's a bunch of people staring at you." I'd been practicing that for years, but didn't think I'd get a chance to use it. It cracked up everybody.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Silverlady
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 11:09:15 PM »

It's vague because it happened so many years ago, but I was about five years old and I was jumping off the cement steps leading to the front door of a nearby house. I don't remember falling or hitting my head, but I do remember waking up in our family doctor's office and him giving me a lemon lollipop. He was an old school doctor who had his medical practice in his house. I can still recall the smell of rubbing alcohol that permiated his office.  Weird how you can remember certain things that happened so many years before.  Buggedout

Hold onto your dreams ....
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2011, 11:56:41 PM »

Not really knocked out, but I went unconscious when I laid a company truck on its side several years ago. As far as I can tell, I didn't hit my head but rather when the blood went rushing to my head I went out.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Couchtr26

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2011, 12:14:58 AM »

No, the worst I have ever had was falling from a bunk bed and getting the wind knocked out of me. 

Ah, the good old days.
claws
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2011, 01:55:53 AM »

The only thing that came close was falling off a swing when I was 8 or 9 years old. I fell on my back and my head hit the sandy ground, hard. I blacked out for 5 seconds. Had a mild concussion.

I did see my friend getting knocked out cold by another guy. My friend was drunk and apparently had a fling with some chick. Her boyfriend showed up yelling. My friend, even though 6'4, was too drunk to do anything. He just stood there laughing. The other guy pulled is right fist back and BAMM punched him in the face. He went down like a sack of potatoes.

He was unconscious for about a minute  TeddyR
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2011, 05:25:29 AM »

Once only ~ I was tackled next to a rugby field at school by the school bully / moron who wanted to impress his friends by taking down the sports-loving nerd [me]. He dropped me, I hit my head and must have been knocked out for a minute or so, got up, saw him grinning at me and kicked him in the head. He screamed and dropped like a sack of old sh*t ~ result: three weeks in hospital for him and no more bullying for me.  Cheers

PS: Mom was horrified that I would do such a thing, Dad was very happy that I had taken a bully down.  TeddyR
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 05:29:23 AM by Trevor » Logged

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Hammock Rider

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2011, 08:20:39 AM »

I was rough housing with my cousin's dog, a boxer, and we accidentily head butted each other. Man, I saw some stars! The dog only weighed about 75 pounds but it put me on my butt. The funny thing is that when I looked over at him, the dog looked like he was staggered too!

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2011, 08:49:30 AM »

I voted almost. It was awfully close though. I was actually knocked on my ass, by a dude that was huge, and also turned out to be very, very quick. I didn't have wobbly legs because I was on my ass, but I came very close to going out.

Incidentally, I in no way deserved the confrontation, the guy was just a psycho, and I usually manage to either talk my way out of a physical fight, grab something heavy and/or act like enough of a psycho myself that I get out of it. It was not possible in this case and a big, strong, and very quick guy knocked me on my ass in about a split second. Lucky for me there were plenty of people around and he restrained himself from going further, because I would have been done for.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2011, 09:04:31 AM »

I can't really say. I once cracked my head pretty hard on a rock, and have absolutely no memory of the next hour or two. However, I know I didn't lose consciousness, and I was so drunk at the time I can't say whether any of the staggering or blacking out was due to hitting my head.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2011, 10:59:02 AM »

despite from all of the dumb stunts of my past, I have yet be knocked out cold. Smile Question

yeah no.
venomx
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2011, 11:56:24 AM »

Almost, my legs got wobbly but I stayed concious.

That's with 2 fights I had... some scumbag from Trenton I got hit HARD in the jaw... twice.

and the other was a big guy, kicked me right in the teeth! WHITE LIGHTS! almost out.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2011, 11:17:56 AM »

despite from all of the dumb stunts of my past, I have yet be knocked out cold. Smile Question

allow me to elaborate: fell off a tree, fell down the stairs many times, fallen off scaffolding, fell off a ladder, been in an accident, had a baseball bat hit my head.... should I continue? TongueOut Gues you can say I'm headstrong- (Rimshot)
Small | Large
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 12:14:23 PM by El Toro Loco » Logged

yeah no.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2011, 12:13:03 PM »

Once when I was in high school I whacked my ankle bone against the bleachers in the gym.  I was just walking across them to sit down, wasn't a very hard impact or anything, but man - sure must have been just the right spot.  Everything went red, I was sweating, right on the verge of tipping over.  Must have taken 15 minutes for me to get back to "normal".

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
macabre
Bad Movie Lover

I'M COMING FOR YOU!

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2011, 02:55:48 PM »

I used to participate in judo tournaments during one contest in the nationals i was due to fight this guy who had been bad mouthing me for months.I had studied his technique and i was confident of winning.The ref gave the signal to start i moved towards him ready to throw him for ippon,then next thing i remember was looking up and seeing my sensei looking worried whilst my opponent had a wry grin on his face,he kicked the s**t out of me and though we fought again several more times i never got the Chance to beat him. Hatred

GEEZ! I NEVER REALISED A BRAIN WEIGHED SO MUCH.
WHY HAVE YOU GOT A KNIFE IN YOUR HAND? I HAVEN'T IT'S IN YOUR CHEST.
A MARATHON! MY WIFE COULDN'T RUN A BATH WITHOUT FEELING TIRED.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Have you ever been knocked out cold? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.