Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:12:52 PM
714379 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What's the Most Physically Painful Thing You've Endured « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Author Topic: What's the Most Physically Painful Thing You've Endured  (Read 23442 times)
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2011, 06:44:37 AM »

Two events that I can say were similar in levels of pain and far worse than anything before or since:

My ex girlfriend sent me out to get a burger one night from the take-out up the road. I was gone about 20mins, came back to the house in darkness and walked through the front door. She was waiting for me on the stairs with a knife and came at me. Instead of trying to grab her arm and the knife, I turned to get away and she stabbed me right in the base of my back. I then hit the floor and what made it scarier was that I went blind for about 2 hours afterwards. Luckily she didn't stab me again, just started crying and apologised.

The other thing was having my in-grown toe nail removed. I was really worrying that the anaesthetic wouldn't cover the pain enough when they yanked it out but it did. I didn't even feel the nail coming out at all but oh boy! When that pain relief injection wore off I was in hell. For about a week, it just throbbed and ached like nothing I've ever known. What made it all the worse was that it got infected and my toe went black with all this green gunk pouring out, I thought my toe would have to be cut off! The remedy was tablets and having the wound scraped!! Arrggh!!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 06:51:32 AM by Circus Circus » Logged

Vik
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2011, 06:50:12 AM »

Biting off my tongue.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2011, 06:51:03 AM »

Hard to say. The most intense pain I've had has usually been the kind that is excruciating but fast. The pain peaks for an instant, then drops off. The endorphins kick in fairly quickly, and my memory barely registers what it felt like. Breaking my ankle was like that. It was painful enough to make me scream the moment it happened, but I don't really remember that much pain.

I've also tried to save on shaving in the morning by getting my scalp waxed. Again, intense pain, but it was but there and gone in an instant. The pain was manageable, and when the brain chemicals started pumping, it was kind of a rush. I considered that experiment a failure more for it being an excessively difficult and lengthy process than for the pain, and because I hated growing the hair out for a couple of weeks to do it. The result was pretty cool though.

I have a pretty high threshold for pain.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2011, 07:48:08 AM »

When my wife died. It hurt me more than physical pain. I felt sick.  I wanted to die. Im better now. But I considered suicide every day for a while.She was my life
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 09:48:23 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2011, 07:58:39 AM »

Split the side of my balls open.

Bluesad

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2011, 08:01:39 AM »

Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout

---------------------
Cthulhu

« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2011, 08:03:51 AM »

Two events that I can say were similar in levels of pain and far worse than anything before or since:

My ex girlfriend sent me out to get a burger one night from the take-out up the road. I was gone about 20mins, came back to the house in darkness and walked through the front door. She was waiting for me on the stairs with a knife and came at me. Instead of trying to grab her arm and the knife, I turned to get away and she stabbed me right in the base of my back. I then hit the floor and what made it scarier was that I went blind for about 2 hours afterwards. Luckily she didn't stab me again, just started crying and apologised.

The other thing was having my in-grown toe nail removed. I was really worrying that the anaesthetic wouldn't cover the pain enough when they yanked it out but it did. I didn't even feel the nail coming out at all but oh boy! When that pain relief injection wore off I was in hell. For about a week, it just throbbed and ached like nothing I've ever known. What made it all the worse was that it got infected and my toe went black with all this green gunk pouring out, I thought my toe would have to be cut off! The remedy was tablets and having the wound scraped!! Arrggh!!

s**t, your ex really is crazy.

Bluesad

Wow...how did that happen?
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2011, 08:05:01 AM »

Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout

Many shocked emoticons indeed!  Question

Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2011, 08:07:09 AM »

I'm very sorry to hear about your broken heart, KB. Having experienced that as well, I know it hurts, and for a long time. In college, I fell for a woman with whom I was close friends. Just when I was ready to confess my love, I found out she had started dating someone else, whom she eventually married. That was 25 years ago, and I still feel twinges. It completely messed me up for several years; I was hopelessly depressed. But rest assured that the universe doesn't hate you--you have friends here who care about you, and somehow it will eventually be better. Not great, but endurable. And while you likely already know all this, I felt I should let you know I can empathize.

Also, I can empathize with all the ingrown toenail stories. Been there, done that, screamed like a pre-teen girl.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
Cthulhu

« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2011, 08:13:49 AM »

Child birth was pretty horrible and terrifying.  Even with an epidural I was out of my mind with 12 hours of pain.

And once I had the flu so bad, I couldn't lie down on my bed because my skin felt like it was being stabbed by knives all over my body.  I was staying with an aunt and I think I got something from the central air conditioning unit they used as a heater.  I don't think it was ever cleaned.  Both times I asked God to take me because I was ready.  I didn't want to endure the pain any more.  But He didn't listen.

Three weeks ago, Sean called it quits for good.  I never thought a broken heart could hurt so much.  I was wrong.  I've been asking God to take me again because I can't take it any more.  Again He's not listening.

The Universe really hates me.  That is all.
Don't give up, Killer Bees. I know that you feel horrible right now, but this won't last forever. Don't let depression take over. It makes you think only about the bad things, and you don't realize that you have friends, and a world full of opportunities.
Be strong.
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2011, 08:15:19 AM »

My bed broke, and as I fell there were some scissors near by on a table draw. The draw was full and scissors were not put inside properly, they were extruding open with the pointy blades pointing up and out of the draw that sliced them.

There was blood.
And yellowy puss stuff as it tried to heal. The skin there is so soft that it takes FOREVER to heal.

Put scissors away proplerly. And if they are going to point out, make sure it's the handle end, not the cutty bit!

I did NOT go to a doctor as I was too embarassed so I had to put it back together myself. And there were tears in my eyes as I I did it.

You're the only people I have ever told this story too.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2011, 08:21:53 AM »

The Universe doesn't hate you, KB.
All of us here are a part of it, and we love you very much.
Sorry for your current heartbreak.  But you will be better.
And you will love again.
I'll keep you in my prayers, girl.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Cthulhu

« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2011, 08:35:36 AM »

My bed broke, and as I fell there were some scissors near by on a table draw. The draw was full and scissors were not put inside properly, they were extruding open with the pointy blades pointing up and out of the draw that sliced them.

There was blood.
And yellowy puss stuff as it tried to heal. The skin there is so soft that it takes FOREVER to heal.

Put scissors away proplerly. And if they are going to point out, make sure it's the handle end, not the cutty bit!

I did NOT go to a doctor as I was too embarassed so I had to put it back together myself. And there were tears in my eyes as I I did it.

Oh man, that's terrible. That is just terrible. I would've probably called an ambulance screaming bloody murder.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2011, 10:43:48 AM »

There was blood.

Oh man, that's terrible. That is just terrible. I would've probably called an ambulance screaming bloody murder.

Yeah, had it been me, fear would have won out over embarrassment, and I'd have made for the nearest ER. I take no chances where the meat and two veg are concerned. Fortunately, the worst injury I've had down there didn't do any real damage - running into the back of a parked car on a bicycle and sliding nuts-first into the handlebar post. Painful enough for this thread though.

Did you try to close the wound with anything Doggett? Steri-strips, Krazy Glue, something like that? Antibiotic cream? I can see where the constant rubbing and flexing of the skin, not to mention the moisture and bacteria in that location would make healing slow and painful without stitches.

As an aside, I've noticed lately a few of us on the board have been sharing personal things we might not otherwise talk about. This has really become a caring and supportive place. It's a shame we all live too far apart for real-world friendship.

---------------------
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2011, 02:08:42 PM »

toothache, easily. had about a week of unrelenting toothache about 8 years ago. it took my mind to insane places of madness that I don't ever want to go back to. I've had toothache since, badly, but that one week of it stands out...

also fell in a dirty swimming pool that had dead badgers in it and the next day woke up with a burning throat that continued for a week, and the only thing I could consume was small sips of water. it felt like my throat was literally on fire for a week and I couldn't even talk. probably should've sought medical help for that but didn't...

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What's the Most Physically Painful Thing You've Endured « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.