Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:23:19 PM
714349 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What's the Most Physically Painful Thing You've Endured « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Author Topic: What's the Most Physically Painful Thing You've Endured  (Read 23418 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2011, 04:18:36 PM »

Dead Badgers in a Swimming Pool??

DEAD BADGERS!!???

WE DOAN NEED NO STINKING BADGERS!! Hatred TeddyR BounceGiggle

(You knew SOMEONE was gonna say it!!)

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Never give up on love

« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2011, 05:38:43 PM »

Thanks guys for all your concern, it's very much appreciated.

Right now I'm medicating myself with junk food, Baileys and DVDs of my favourite shows.  Right now it's NCIS.  A good dose of Gibbs can cure anything.

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
What once was mine.......
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2011, 11:27:49 PM »

Glad to hear it, girl!!
NICS is pretty awesome.  Gibbs is a very engaging character, and Abby is totally hot.  one of the few shows where my wife and I can both indulge our celebrity crushes simultaneously.
Serious, let us know if we can help you, OK?

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and

Never give up on love

« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2011, 12:43:07 AM »

Glad to hear it, girl!!
NICS is pretty awesome.  Gibbs is a very engaging character, and Abby is totally hot.  one of the few shows where my wife and I can both indulge our celebrity crushes simultaneously.
Serious, let us know if we can help you, OK?

Thanks Indy.  Much appreciated.  Smile

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
What once was mine.......
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2011, 09:33:14 PM »

Sorry to hear about your broken heart KB. In time, things will get better. You're a sweet and attractive girl from all indications I've seen and you deserve that special someone to treat you the way you deserve to be treated. I do hope you find him someday.  Take care and take that time to heal.

With regards to Circus' ex-  Buggedout  Buggedout Buggedout - Yikes! Obviously not a person to ever turn one's back on ever again.

RC- it's very sad to see you suffering so much but it also shows how much you loved your wife. Yer a good fellow and we all love having you around here. Ever need someone to talk to, you know you can turn to this group on here.

Doggett - Yeesh! Man be more careful! Not an area you want to be messing with. Just thinking about it gives me the chilly-willies.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2011, 03:08:58 AM »

About 4 years ago I was working in a beverage warehouse when the kid on the forklift spun around while an empty pallet was sitting on his forks, not tilted back.  It landed right on my ankle.  I didn't feel much pain at the time so I kept working on it.. big mistake.  Went home that night and a few hours later I COULD NOT walk on it AT ALL.  It really, really hurt and I had to get up (ouch!) and put an ice bag on it all night.  I really couldn't sleep through the pain.  Needless to say I didn't work the next day, I got it put in a cast and had to go back to work Monday.  That pain was pretty harsh to deal with.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2011, 08:37:45 AM »

Split the side of my balls open.

Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout

Many shocked emoticons indeed!  Question

My bed broke, and as I fell there were some scissors near by on a table draw. The draw was full and scissors were not put inside properly, they were extruding open with the pointy blades pointing up and out of the draw that sliced them.

There was blood.
And yellowy puss stuff as it tried to heal. The skin there is so soft that it takes FOREVER to heal.

Put scissors away proplerly. And if they are going to point out, make sure it's the handle end, not the cutty bit!

I did NOT go to a doctor as I was too embarassed so I had to put it back together myself. And there were tears in my eyes as I I did it.

You're the only people I have ever told this story too.
Oh man, that's terrible. That is just terrible. I would've probably called an ambulance screaming bloody murder.

Did you try to close the wound with anything Doggett? Steri-strips, Krazy Glue, something like that? Antibiotic cream? I can see where the constant rubbing and flexing of the skin, not to mention the moisture and bacteria in that location would make healing slow and painful without stitches.

Well, I used lots of loo roll to constantlky wipe the blood and gunk away two or three times a day. And cleaned the wound out with boiling hot water. That hurt more than the injury actually...

Some anticeptics creams are thick and waxy and thats what I used. I had to keep my hands in my pockets and hold myself as I walked so there wasn't much movement in the testicle area (and I had to look normal while I was doing it) which would allow the skin time to heal.

I guess, I was very lucky. If it had got infected, I could've been in real trouble.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #52 on: July 11, 2011, 10:20:18 AM »

Doggett, my friend, you are making me cringe more with every post on this thread.  Smile

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #53 on: July 11, 2011, 03:10:50 PM »

Doggett, my friend, you are making me cringe more with every post on this thread.  Smile

I know what you mean. My testicles were dragging me away from the computer screen!  Buggedout

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2011, 03:27:45 PM »

I know what you mean. My testicles were dragging me away from the computer screen!  Buggedout

I was watching something on TV yesterday that made me think of Doggett's story. It was one of those Kratt Brothers nature shows, and they were watching Komodo Dragons. They spotted a water buffalo with a ragged, bloody wound between its hind legs, and initially thought the thing's nuts had been bitten off. They discussed this in graphic terms for several minutes before seeing that they were mistaken, and the lizard had just taken a big chunk out of its inner thigh.

What was funny was that they were wincing, I was wincing, and there was an overall sense of discomfort. Then, when they saw the balls, there was almost a collective sigh of relief at home and on the TV. The water buffalo still had a fatal bacterial infection and a bunch of hungry lizards gathering to devour it, but its nuts had not been bitten off. Whew! What a relief!

It's something I don't think women will ever fully comprehend, the relationship between a man and his junk.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #55 on: July 11, 2011, 03:37:04 PM »

When I was around 12 years old, I had 4 impacted wisdom teeth removed.  The oral surgeon had to cut the teeth out of my gums.  3 of them came out fairly easily, but 1 was a problem and he had to cut the tooth in half to get it out.  The procedure itself was pretty painless . . . I was awake through the whole thing, but they gave me novocaine.  The painful part was after the teeth were removed.  The oral surgeon shot a stream of water into the holes where my teeth had been.  One of the holes must have had an exposed (and not properly numbed) nerve in it.  The pain I felt when the stream of water went into that hole was unbelievable.  I felt it from my jaw all the way down to my feet.  I remember tightly gripping both armrests of the dentists chair.  Somehow, I didn't scream.  later in life I had a heart attack and a cardiac catheterization, which were NOTHING compared to that cold water shooting under my gums.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 03:39:24 PM by The Burgomaster » Logged

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2011, 04:30:12 PM »

Split the side of my balls open.

Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout

Many shocked emoticons indeed!  Question

My bed broke, and as I fell there were some scissors near by on a table draw. The draw was full and scissors were not put inside properly, they were extruding open with the pointy blades pointing up and out of the draw that sliced them.

There was blood.
And yellowy puss stuff as it tried to heal. The skin there is so soft that it takes FOREVER to heal.

Put scissors away proplerly. And if they are going to point out, make sure it's the handle end, not the cutty bit!

I did NOT go to a doctor as I was too embarassed so I had to put it back together myself. And there were tears in my eyes as I I did it.

You're the only people I have ever told this story too.

Egad but this makes me feel the boys contract.

also fell in a dirty swimming pool that had dead badgers in it and the next day woke up with a burning throat that continued for a week, and the only thing I could consume was small sips of water. it felt like my throat was literally on fire for a week and I couldn't even talk. probably should've sought medical help for that but didn't...

A swimming pool filled with dirty water and dead badgers.  It actually sounds like the beginning of an Italian zombie film (you becoming Zombie#1).  If I could give you a medal for such a bizarre story, I would. 

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2011, 06:54:47 PM »

Recovering from back surgery was likely the worst for me. It definitively wasn't as bad as some of the stories on here, but it was pretty much a week of hell for me.

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #58 on: July 11, 2011, 07:17:50 PM »

A couple of years ago, I had an old filling fall out of a tooth, which I continued to avoid fixing as the cavity grew nearly to the pulp. I'd say nearly a third of the tooth above the gumline was gone. Bite down wrong on that, and the pain is indescribable, which is what finally prompted me to get it fixed. I was fortunate in that I just barely avoided a root canal on that tooth. It was borderline, but still salvageable. Had to have it drilled twice though, because the dentist first put a temporary medicated filling in for a couple of weeks, to settle things down before the real repair.

Dental drilling and grinding is bad because even if the pain is totally dulled, there is still an awful sensation from the vibrations transmitted through the tooth. I hate that.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 08:47:45 PM by AndyC » Logged

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #59 on: July 12, 2011, 12:34:54 PM »

Oh, got another one to add to mine. The time when I was living with my mom, I was about 15-16 and we were just leaving the house to somewhere and she slammed the door on all my fingers! I stupidly put them in-between the door hinge, the METAL door hinge! I screamed the place down my hand was aching all night.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What's the Most Physically Painful Thing You've Endured « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.