Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:27:54 PM
713364 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What's the Most Physically Painful Thing You've Endured « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Author Topic: What's the Most Physically Painful Thing You've Endured  (Read 23064 times)
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2011, 03:32:38 PM »

I've too have had many dental issues throughout the years.  I had my wisdom teeth out while concious, countless fillings and braces.  Braces sucked for me because every time they tightened them I was in pain for days.  Nothing epically painful but rather annoying.

Sickness wise two occasions come to mind.  First being in Aruba and getting a horrible case of something.  My wife and I ate some bad egg salad on a snorkle cruise and we were double ending the next 24 hours.  Though I stopped puking/diarhea after 24 hours I swear I felt shaky for about three weeks afterwards. 

Secondly a flu, pneumonia or maybe both when I was in my early 20s.  I got hit HARD and it ripped through everyone I came into contact with during that time.  I literally slept for 24 hours one day.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Ed, Ego and Superego
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2011, 03:41:51 PM »

Having my nose cauterized.

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
akiratubo

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2011, 03:56:32 PM »

Pleurisy.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0002347/

I can't imagine anything more painful.  Twisting my knee all the way around so that my foot was facing backwards?  Feh!  That was nothing compared to pleurisy.  Imagine being stabbed in the ribs with a red-hot knife, every time you inhale or exhale.  Yeah.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2011, 04:00:31 PM »

Oh I've had lots of fun with teeth as well.  One molar was full of fillings, it cracked in half, I imagine the nerve was nice and exposed.  Dentist appointment was a week later. 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Silverlady
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2011, 08:36:27 PM »

My daughter's boyfriend wants to try that burger. I will have to tell him about your experience. Oh, and milk is better for neutralizing capsaicin burn than water.

As for me, it was gall stones. For three months I would experience random, stabbing pain through my abdomen, followed usually by puking up gray liquid and/or pooping out gray/yellow/green stuff. There was nothing that could be done once an attack started. My doctor wasn't thinking gall stones because those usually occur in overweight women over 40, and I was a thin man in my thirties. Finally, I had to go to an emergency clinic one weekend, and the doctor there ordered an ultrasound. Sure enough, they found the stones, ordered the surgery, and voila! no more attacks. Just about the only thing I could eat during that period was tuna fish on dry white bread and the only drink I could have was water. I hated tuna fish before. Now, I really hate it.

And I have been told by my sister that gall bladder attacks are a pain worse than childbirth.

I had gall bladder surgery back in 2008. I've had 2 children and your sister is right ... gall bladder attacks are a pain worse than childbirth.  I remember having excruciating pain that rolled through my stomach, into my chest and radiated up into my  back. The first attack I had was so bad, I thought I was having a heart attack!  I had been having attacks for about 2 months before I had the surgery. Been fine since  then.

Hold onto your dreams ....
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2011, 09:49:36 PM »

Some very painful episodes here.  Pleurisy sounds bad for being steady, gnawing pain that you cannot escape.

Women do go through some pain with childbirth.  Katie was in labor for over 14 hours with Jenna, and it was all very painful back labor.  There is something about steady gnawing pain that wears you down.  Katie also went through an issue with her gal bladder and it had to be removed.  She was nearly comatose from the pain.

For me, I ran 25 miles on a severely sprained ankle.  That was probably my most painful, because of the steady gnawing pain like I mentioned.  It wasn't bad until miles 16-25, when the swelling and damage started really impeding the mechanics of my ankle.  They had to cut the bottom of my foot to drain the blood.

Had a class II or III A/C separation in my shoulder that ripped the skin.  The really bad part about it was holding the weighted sandbags so they could take x-rays of the damage.  That was pain, pure pain.

Had a filling removed and replaced without Novocaine.  Had to do it, because they couldn't get the area numb and we were leaving for Iraq in a matter of days.  Also have been sewn up without local anesthetic, which wasn't nearly as bad as the filling.

Overall, I've escaped quite a few really painful injuries I've seen in other Marines.  Broken bones (one with a compound broken arm that was facing the wrong way), an ear and scalp partially ripped off, other traumatic injuries, and even severe sunburn top that list.  Having really bad sunburn over a significant portion of your body looks to be agonizingly painful.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2011, 10:59:15 PM »

Once when my son was little his fingernail scratched my eyeball, all the was across the iris and pupil, about 1/2" long.

Another time he shoved his finger up my nose as far as it could go while I was sleeping. I honestly thought he stabbed the back of my eyeball, and he had really thin fingernails that cut the inside of my nose, which bled for a couple days. I jumped awake when he did it and it made a suction-cup sounding noise when his finger came out.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2011, 11:10:42 PM »

Salmonella Food Poisoning  (or whatever it was, that's what they said) when I was a preteen: I could not stand up straight I was so constantly doubled over in pain and it was an endless parade of both vomiting and diarrhea, oftentimes both at the very same time! I've also had a number of stomach flu attacks but they were mild in comparison.

I had an abcessed tooth pulled as well...I swear I could feel everything despite the needles given me. Honestly I very nearly passed out from the pain. Didn't help the lady dentist really didn't have the proper strength to pull the sucker right out and she struggled for quite a while.

Oh I should add I've also had acid reflux attacks that made my chest feel very tight and the pain was very severe, I thought I was having a gall bladder attack or an heart attack, with them as well.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 11:14:14 PM by JaseSF » Logged

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2011, 11:24:33 PM »

Having my nose cauterized.
Wow.  When I saw this I knew I had to respond.  I had an ingrown hair or sumpin' right on the inside of my septum and poked it with a pin, and made a mess that bled a lot and needed to be cauterized  Lookingup  You thought that hurt?   Wink Thumbup
Hmmm, let's see...
Crushed my right thumb in a door jamb.  Twice.  What a stupid story.  I didn't feel it at first, but wondered why the door wouldn't shut.  So... I did it again.  Thumbdown Lookingup  That thumb is tough, but that nail never grew back right and I was maybe 13. 
I had Chronic Appendicitis... not Acute (with that tender side rush to the hospital pain).  This pain was worse... then went away.  No pain at all.  It took nearly two months of on again off again being sick (vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, fever, then... fine) to be diagnosed.   Bluesad
Hernia surgery; that only hurt about 12 hours after the surgery, and for about 1 long day.   Hatred

Oh, and MofoRising (my hero) who originated this thread trying to eat the Lava Burger or whatever: I took a large cooked piece of the scotch bonnett, more even than my host the warhorse veteran, and that was excruciating in the mouth.  Exhausting, unending fire that no milk white bread ice water beer BLAH!!! could take away!!!  After 15 minutes or so, it passed.  After a few emotionless tear wipes (I, too, was watering in most unattractive fashions) I felt an urge to do it again...  Buggedout  TeddyR

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
WilliamWeird1313
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Bad taste is just an acquired taste!!!

« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2011, 11:42:17 PM »

Sepsis.

Caused by perforated diverticuli.

I think I may have mentioned this in another thread a year or so ago, but a few years back, I basically had an abscess on the wall of my intestine pop, causing a severe blood infection. I remember the day when the thing must've popped, it was just agony. I was staying over a friend's house, too, so it was just horrible, me standing in a corner of their bathroom, feeling this ridiculous unexplainable pain in my gut, doubled over, just trying to stay out of everybody's way, sweating and groaning but trying NOT to make a scene. I wanted to go to the hospital but I didn't have health insurance at the time and I didn't want to pay for an ER visit, especially if it turned out to be something stupid, like gas (which, for some bizarre reason I'll never full understand, I was convinced was the problem). I eventually went home and, the pain didn't go away, but it wasn't as intense, so I figured "okay, a little while longer and I'll be fine again." I spent the next, like, 3 days laying on the couch in the living room, getting up only to go pee, unable to eat anything, just laying there in pain, convincing myself that if I just waited it out, everything would turn out fine. Sometimes it wouldn't be too bad. Other times I'd be burying my face in a pillow, groaning loudly. Actually, I only THOUGHT I was groaning. Everyone I lived with later told me I basically just screaming. They also told me they originally just through I was being melodramatic. My family was trying to get me to go to the hospital but I kept refusing. Finally agreed to go AFTER the upcoming weekend IF the pain wasn't gone by then. A few hours later and the deal was off. My family forced me to go that very day, I remember it was Friday, and after hours in the waiting room and going through tests, suddenly things started moving at a rapid pace once the test results came back and the doctors realized what was wrong with me. They told me that if I HAD waited until "after the weekend" as I was originally so determined to do, I would've definitely been dead. As it was, they doped me up on painkillers and pumped me full of antibiotics in hopes of fixing the problem. If I didn't start getting better by morning, they were gonna rush me into surgery. Next morning, I was worse, not better, so, yeah, surgery. I ended up having to live with a colostomy bag for about a half a year, though thankfully that was not to be a permanent change in my life. Definetely the most painful thing I've ever experienced. Haven't broken a bone, never had a small child rake a hangnail across my eye or shove his finger up my nose (Ghouck, I feel your pain... but I won't deny that the nose story was truly hilarious), but I did almost die, so that's worth something. I also discovered the wonderful world of dilotin (I have no idea if that's spelled correctly), a pain-killer that is, I think, a rung or two above morphine (which I also discovered doesn't do anything for me at all). I can totally see how people get addicted to pain-killers. I took that stuff EVERY day I was in the hospital. The doctors said I could ask for it every few hours, and I watched the clock like a hawk waiting for the next dosage time. The doctors also said I didn't have to take it every time and that I should only take it if I felt I needed it. I took it EVERY SINGLE TIME. I couldn't even sleep without that stuff when I was in the hospital. It was the only thing that got me through, to be honest (with the exception of the visits from my family and friends, though, in reality, many of those were just awkward... being that I was usually either doped up on pain-killers or wishing I was).

Another painful memory associated with that whole scenario? I remember having to drink some nasty concoction for some medical test or another (can't remember what it was called right now, but it wasn't the last time I had to do it) which promptly made me s**t my pants. Embarassed, I then wiped my butt clean and threw away the soiled boxers. My Batman boxers. My lucky boxers. My favorite pair.  Bluesad

Goodnight, sweet undies. May flights of hospital janitorial staff workers sing thee to thy rest.

"On a mountain of skulls in a castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of evil." - Vigo (former Carpathian warlord and one-time Slayer lyric-writer)
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2011, 11:56:43 PM »

I fractured a patella wrecking a snowmobile when I was fifteen.   My patellar tendon came off my tibia (so that my quadricep no longer could work, and I couldn't extend my leg).

The really painful moment was when I tried to stand up.  They say it this way in books, but I actually had this experience:  I heard someone screaming, and then I was on my back, looking up into the sky.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2011, 11:59:35 PM »

getting my wisdom teeth pulled, well to more accurate when I got home and the novacane wore off I was swearing like a sailor because the pills they gave me to ease the pain weren't doing squat.......

then I found something that was great the dentist gave me can't remember the name of it but it was great

I felt high and sleepy after it

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
claws
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2011, 01:48:46 AM »

Intervertebral disc slip, causing the three most painful weeks I ever had.
I had to literally crawl out of bed, one leg at the time. I needed help to stand up, and walking, if you could call it that, was only possible with a cane. I couldn't stand straight - my upper body had to lean to the left.
I could only do tiny steps. It took me ten minutes to get from my room to the kitchen.
I basically had pain 24/7, but my doctor gave me a few shots in my back so I could sleep a couple of nights without pain. Fun times.
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2011, 02:08:52 AM »

My daughter's boyfriend wants to try that burger. I will have to tell him about your experience. Oh, and milk is better for neutralizing capsaicin burn than water.

Oh, I'm aware. Capsaicin is hydrophobic, oil-based if you will, so water is essentially useless. They gave me a glass of milk after. Here's a thing, milk may be better, but it is still essentially useless. It did no good to me at all.

I only started chugging water hours after I was done eating the burger and it was eating up my stomach, and I only did that because I knew I needed something to help me vomit up the pain that would not leave me alone.

Oh, and MofoRising (my hero) who originated this thread trying to eat the Lava Burger or whatever: I took a large cooked piece of the scotch bonnett, more even than my host the warhorse veteran, and that was excruciating in the mouth.  Exhausting, unending fire that no milk white bread ice water beer BLAH!!! could take away!!!  After 15 minutes or so, it passed.  After a few emotionless tear wipes (I, too, was watering in most unattractive fashions) I felt an urge to do it again...  Buggedout  TeddyR

Thanks, I don't recommend trying that burger. That said, immediately after I failed eating it, I started making plans to try again.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and

Never give up on love

« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2011, 06:29:53 AM »

Child birth was pretty horrible and terrifying.  Even with an epidural I was out of my mind with 12 hours of pain.

And once I had the flu so bad, I couldn't lie down on my bed because my skin felt like it was being stabbed by knives all over my body.  I was staying with an aunt and I think I got something from the central air conditioning unit they used as a heater.  I don't think it was ever cleaned.  Both times I asked God to take me because I was ready.  I didn't want to endure the pain any more.  But He didn't listen.

Three weeks ago, Sean called it quits for good.  I never thought a broken heart could hurt so much.  I was wrong.  I've been asking God to take me again because I can't take it any more.  Again He's not listening.

The Universe really hates me.  That is all.

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Bring back what once was mine
What once was mine.......
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What's the Most Physically Painful Thing You've Endured « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.