Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:19:54 PM
714349 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Suicide « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Suicide  (Read 5116 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« on: July 09, 2011, 04:42:22 AM »

Ever thought about it?
No-I'm not felilng suicidal now-Im happy as a clam.
BUT-At one time in my life I stuck a 12 gauge shot gun in my mouth and pulled the trigger-the gun jumped and a deer killing  slug went into the ceiling of my apartment building-this was in 1989.
So-have you thought about suicide?

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
SPazzo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My kinda toy...

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 05:04:03 AM »

Yeah, I have.  I've attempted it three different times in the past 4 years.

BUT-At one time in my life I stuck a 12 gauge shot gun in my mouth and pulled the trigger-the gun jumped and a deer killing  slug went into the ceiling of my apartment building-this was in 1989.

That's really heavy man.  And I'm glad you're doing better now.  I've done something pretty similar.  At this poijnt I'm glad I didn't, but it still makes me wonder.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011, 05:51:54 AM »

I intentionally got hit by a car in 2005 and spent my 19th birthday in the hospital. That was down to being on really bad anti-depressants that made me take a huge dip in mood, a relationship breakdown and the morale killing struggle of unemployment. I fractured my right foot, broke my toes, had a dislocated shoulder, bruised ribs and needed about 17 stitches in my head.

I took an overdose in 2006 and wound up in the hospital. I took all sorts of painkillers and heart tablets that belonged to my mom and her partner and blacked out, the ambulance service had to break the front door down to get at me. That was for similar reasons as the time above. My insides haven't really been the same since.

I think it was 2009 when I cut my wrists, can't be sure if it was early in the year or later. A friend knew I was getting pretty low and happened to call the cops. I had managed to do a good job on my left wrist with a broken vodka bottle and was just starting on the right when the pigs arrived. Once the four policemen managed to get me outside and the glass out my hand they proceeded to beat the living s**t out of me and then took me to A&E...

Haven't bothered doing anything since. Last time I felt like it was the start of this year, but I actually feel embarrassed now even contemplating suicide as I seem to suck royally at it. I guess that's a good thing.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2011, 07:12:03 AM »

I intentionally got hit by a car in 2005 and spent my 19th birthday in the hospital. That was down to being on really bad anti-depressants that made me take a huge dip in mood, a relationship breakdown and the morale killing struggle of unemployment. I fractured my right foot, broke my toes, had a dislocated shoulder, bruised ribs and needed about 17 stitches in my head.

I took an overdose in 2006 and wound up in the hospital. I took all sorts of painkillers and heart tablets that belonged to my mom and her partner and blacked out, the ambulance service had to break the front door down to get at me. That was for similar reasons as the time above. My insides haven't really been the same since.

I think it was 2009 when I cut my wrists, can't be sure if it was early in the year or later. A friend knew I was getting pretty low and happened to call the cops. I had managed to do a good job on my left wrist with a broken vodka bottle and was just starting on the right when the pigs arrived. Once the four policemen managed to get me outside and the glass out my hand they proceeded to beat the living s**t out of me and then took me to A&E...

Haven't bothered doing anything since. Last time I felt like it was the start of this year, but I actually feel embarrassed now even contemplating suicide as I seem to suck royally at it. I guess that's a good thing.
Im glad yer not dead.
And-Ive found out thats the whole point-there  ARE people who are glad yer not dead.
Dont die on me Circus. I only know you from the internet-but I love you anyway.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2011, 07:18:42 AM »

Im glad yer not dead.
And-Ive found out thats the whole point-there  ARE people who are glad yer not dead.
Dont die on me Circus. I only know you from the internet-but I love you anyway.

Ditto. If you died on me man, I'd be p**sed.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2011, 07:26:58 AM »

That's really heavy man.  And I'm glad you're doing better now.  I've done something pretty similar.  At this poijnt I'm glad I didn't, but it still makes me wonder.

WHY did you do it? I did it because-wel.I dunno. I was drunk. I just got out of rehab. I was just fed up. I was done. Once the gun jumped-I chickened out.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2011, 07:54:44 AM »

After my wife died- I wanted to be with her.I feltl guilty-Im not deadI should have saved her. I sho;d have done somthing.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2011, 08:01:13 AM »

After my wife died- I wanted to be with her.I feltl guilty-Im not deadI should have saved her. I sho;d have done somthing.

Life is cruel and unfair Ronnie. There's not really a lot you could have done. You did enough by loving her and you do more now by carrying on living yourself because that's what she would want you to do.

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2011, 08:24:53 AM »

I thought about it once when I was 17 and stupid.
A girl I really liked was sleeping with a jerk who I warned her was just gonna knock her up and ditch her.  I CARED about her; he used her, and she let herself be used.
That really, really hurt.  That being said, I don't know if I really wanted to die, or was just trying to get her attention.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2011, 09:34:25 AM »

I dont know why I posted this.
Wait-yes I do.
Because we all feel like are lives are empty at some time-and that all bad things happen to us.
Your not wrong.
The hard part is moving on.
It takes time.
But I HAVE discovered people love me. Im not alone.
You folks are a big part of that.
 Smile

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2011, 11:00:14 AM »

I have, over the years, experienced a few bouts of severe depression. Two were particularly long and nasty. Fortunately, while I thought a lot about death, it was more about cursing the inevitability and not wanting it to happen. There was, however, one time around 2002, during the worst episode I ever had, that I think I had a flicker of a suicidal thought. It didn't even have a chance to fully form before it frightened me into a bit of a panic, so I can't even describe it. I do know that it scared me so bad that for years I felt a twinge of fear any time I went near the place where I had that thought.

I'm just glad I finally saw my doctor about it a few years ago and got onto some medication. Had some ups and downs since then, and I'm forever trying to fine-tune the cocktail, but no extended periods of utter dispair. Thumbup

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
SPazzo

My kinda toy...

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2011, 11:57:13 AM »

WHY did you do it? I did it because-wel.I dunno. I was drunk. I just got out of rehab. I was just fed up. I was done. Once the gun jumped-I chickened out.

I've been fighting depression with bipolar like symptoms for most of my life.  It's just gotten worse recently and been really difficult to control.  But I'm doing a lot better now. and not as depressed easily. Thumbup
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2011, 12:00:57 PM »

I agree with Nietzsche:  "The thought of suicide is a powerful comfort: it helps one through many a dreadful night."

Small | Large

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2011, 01:05:42 PM »

I've never given it much thought. I've thought about death plenty of times, just not in the context of taking my own life.

There have been a lot of very dark threads in the Off Topic of late.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2011, 03:34:48 PM »

Not really...I'd say I think of homicide more.  Though I probably would never do either one or another in an actual world.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Suicide « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.