Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:40:09 AM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Thoughts on these films? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Thoughts on these films?  (Read 7467 times)
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2011, 12:26:25 AM »

I've always thought SUSPIRIA was vastly overrated but if you're already a fan of Argento, I'd say you need that one.

CALIGARI (1919) is a must! The rest are pretty much all so-so IMO although BAD TASTE and TOMATOES has some fun moments.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2011, 07:34:49 AM »

I thought Suspiria was one of the most overrated movies I've ever seen. 

But it's WAY too late to think about not buying any more DVD's - just give up and get another DVD wallet   TeddyR

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Hammock Rider
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2011, 08:18:30 AM »

Suspiria and Cabinet Of Dr. Caligari, screw the rest.

This is the route I'd go. But I would  make re-watchability my main concern. The other movies are fun to various degrees, but Suspiria and Caligari are classics.

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
Kaseykockroach
Cartoon Enthusiast and Muppet Fanatic
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2011, 12:14:43 PM »

But it's WAY too late to think about not buying any more DVD's - just give up and get another DVD wallet   TeddyR

I would, but I promised myself and others I'd stop collecting old movies (the most recently made film I own is Clerks (1994)) and vintage cartoons (the most recently made cartoon I have complete is Dexter's Lab) after this wallet's completely full.
Hopefully 750 discs will be enough to hold me over the rest of my life. =p
I was able to catch Ghoulies 2 on Youtube (someone posted the whole film).... Eh, looks like Critters is the only Gremlins rip-off that's any fun. Unless Munchies offers anything besides Harvey Korman. =p
I decided to just grab Caligari. I'll consider Bad Taste in the near future (can't really call myself an Argento fan. I only loved Phenomena for its epic soundtrack, Jennifer Connelly, its fairy tale atmosphere, myself being a bug lover, and the delightful feeling of increasing insanity throughout, complete with the razor-wielding chimpanzee).
Nonetheless, when I think of the word "phenomena", this is what instantly leaps to mind, not so much the Argento film.

Small | Large

Also forgot to mention, I'm considering Razorback (1984).
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 04:33:26 PM by Kaseykockroach » Logged

Closetshipper.deviantart.com

"You wanna be a genius, it's easy. All you gotta say is, everything stinks. Then you're never wrong."
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2011, 10:04:14 PM »

Bad Taste (1987) - Always thought it was a bit overrated to be honest.

Meet the Feebles (1989) - This film disturbs me but a huge part of me loves it.

The Cabinet of Dr Caliger (1919) - Classic camp

Attack of the Killer Tomatoes (1978) - I saw it much to late in life to find it funny.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Jack Slater
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2011, 11:55:12 PM »

Suspiria (1977) - stunning photography. above and beyond good looking horror film. Deep Red is my favorite Argento Suspiria would be next.

Bad Taste (1987) - inspirational wacky low budget gem. quite digusting, I might add.

Meet the Feebles (1989) - Very rough around the edges. meaning not polished at all. Yet this one stuck with me for a while. I came away seeing something I thought I'd never see in an animation, puppet or cartoon genre film.
Kaseykockroach
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2011, 10:36:45 PM »

Sorry I forgot to mention it earlier, but are Razorback (1984) and Monster Squad (1987) and The Gate (same year) worth getting? Netflix doesn't have the former, so I'll have to take the chance that I'll end up liking it enough to want to keep it, I suppose.
Small | Large
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 03:06:38 AM by Kaseykockroach » Logged

"You wanna be a genius, it's easy. All you gotta say is, everything stinks. Then you're never wrong."
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2011, 12:33:22 PM »

Sorry I forgot to mention it earlier, but are Razorback (1984) and Monster Squad (1987) and The Gate (same year) worth getting? Netflix doesn't have the former, so I'll have to take the chance that I'll end up liking it enough to want to keep it, I suppose.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-WKSnSagMg

I'd pick The Monster Squad and The Gate over Razorback any day. They are waaay more fun films.  Smile

crackers
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2011, 04:29:02 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-WKSnSagMg

I'd pick The Monster Squad and The Gate over Razorback any day. They are waaay more fun films.  Smile

Agreed

JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2011, 06:27:52 PM »

The Monster Squad is great and one I'd also recommend to most Universal monster movie fans too! The Gate is quite fun too I agree.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Kaseykockroach
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2011, 10:47:28 PM »

Allow me to add just two more...
Night of the Creeps
Dario Argento's Opera
I know I can count on you folks when it comes to good bad movies. :P

Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2011, 11:55:23 AM »

Allow me to add just two more...
Night of the Creeps
Dario Argento's Opera
I know I can count on you folks when it comes to good bad movies. :P

Buy those two without hesitation my dear boy!  Thumbup

HarlotBug3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2011, 02:41:03 PM »

Having all the Peter Jackson movies, which you should, should only count as one thing.

"Do you have something against droppings?" "Well, no, I..." "Sure, everyone says that till they step in it."
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2011, 02:52:21 PM »

I saw "Suspiria" for the first time only a few months ago and quite frankly I don't get what all the whoop-de-doo is about it. A nice looking movie but it didn't make a lick of sense.

I saw "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes" years ago so I have only the vaguest memories of it ... probably due to the fact that I was drinking a lot of malt liquor at the time...

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2011, 03:20:45 PM »

The Monster Squad is great and one I'd also recommend to most Universal monster movie fans too! The Gate is quite fun too I agree.

Amen to that one, Jase-san  Smile

The Monster Squad is a nice, fun nod to the Universal monsters, and the costume designs remind me of the mid-70's Aurora monster kits when they were revamped and re-designed and packaged in smaller boxes with different artwork. A very retro look.

Not to mention that we found out the answer to the age old question abuot whether the Wolfman has nards or not... Wink

The Gate Good fun movie. Gotta love the Killer Dwarfs backpatch on the one kids denim vest too, old school metal! \m/

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Thoughts on these films? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.