Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:30:02 AM
713333 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Did you personally known someone who was murdered? « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Did you personally known someone who was murdered?  (Read 12101 times)
Skull
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2011, 12:38:43 PM »

I also believe the prision term was too short but this is Chicago and they typically never have the room for prisioners so the punishment is always shorten.

They could make room in prisons if the death penalty is used.

I'm for chain gangs and death penalty... I also believe you cannot rehabilitate a prisoner (legaly under the constution since it requres brainwashing and a forced structural change of the individual) therefore Prison should be a deterrent and getting off based upon good behavior should be thrown out the window.

But that's me... :)
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2011, 12:49:49 PM »

I also believe the prision term was too short but this is Chicago and they typically never have the room for prisioners so the punishment is always shorten.

I'm for chain gangs and death penalty... I also believe you cannot rehabilitate a prisoner (legaly under the constution since it requres brainwashing and a forced structural change of the individual) therefore Prison should be a deterrent and getting off based upon good behavior should be thrown out the window.

I've got no problem with the death penalty, as long as due process prevails and no innocent people are being convicted. As long as that's the case, fry 'em. As far as the "cruel and unusual punishment" issue you are referring to, I'm not so sure about that. Is rehabilitation qualifiy as cruel and unusual punishment? I depends on the method used. I say if a prisoner seeks out rehabilitation, it is not punishment, let alone cruel and unusual. I think you're putting a Clockwork Orange spin on things. I think if a prisoner genuinely wants to rehabilitate, that option should be available. I know you and I had a nasty back and forth some time back, and I'm not going to get into that with you again, because I really don't wish to, I just don't go along with you on the rehabilitation issue, or, at the very least, I don't define it the same way. I am a constitutionalist at my core, but I'm realistic enough to realize that the constitution is not always as clearcut as I would like it to be.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Skull
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2011, 01:43:22 PM »

I've got no problem with the death penalty, as long as due process prevails and no innocent people are being convicted. As long as that's the case, fry 'em. As far as the "cruel and unusual punishment" issue you are referring to, I'm not so sure about that. Is rehabilitation qualifiy as cruel and unusual punishment? I depends on the method used. I say if a prisoner seeks out rehabilitation, it is not punishment, let alone cruel and unusual. I think you're putting a Clockwork Orange spin on things. I think if a prisoner genuinely wants to rehabilitate, that option should be available. I know you and I had a nasty back and forth some time back, and I'm not going to get into that with you again, because I really don't wish to, I just don't go along with you on the rehabilitation issue, or, at the very least, I don't define it the same way. I am a constitutionalist at my core, but I'm realistic enough to realize that the constitution is not always as clearcut as I would like it to be.

I dont think I need to get into this topic.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2011, 01:49:48 PM »

I dont think I need to get into this topic.

That's okay. I was hoping for you to expand. I assure you I'm not going to let myself get swept into something like we had with the drug debate. I just don't understand what you mean. I don't know how rehabilitation would be considered cruel and unusual punishment as it is defined by the constitution or by legal precedent. I understand that rehabilitation is not a constiutional right, nor should it be, but that's a different matter than if rehabilitation constitutes cruel and unusual punishment. I honestly tried to find some kind of precedent establishing it as such and I couldn't find anything. Perhaps I'm simply misuderstanding your intent.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 02:00:28 PM by Flick James » Logged

Skull
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2011, 03:37:26 PM »

I was referring to the part of the Constitution that says Government cannot make me drink diet soda even though drinking diet soda may help me lose weight. The reason why the Healthcare Law is Unconstitutional and will be repealed in 2012.

Captivity simply doesnt rehabilitate. A newly caught lion in the cage is no different then another lion in a cage for 10 years. Either lion would attack if they have the chance.

For rehabilitation a prisoner to work you need to force a change upon the mentality that crimal activity is not an option. Brainwashing is the only known method, Clockwork Orange is the most extreme example but even less several methods is still illegal.

Sorry, if you need to know more on my thoughts of rehabilitation you can dig up the You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? thread.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2011, 03:58:14 PM »

I was referring to the part of the Constitution that says Government cannot make me drink diet soda even though drinking diet soda may help me lose weight. The reason why the Healthcare Law is Unconstitutional and will be repealed in 2012.

Captivity simply doesnt rehabilitate. A newly caught lion in the cage is no different then another lion in a cage for 10 years. Either lion would attack if they have the chance.

For rehabilitation a prisoner to work you need to force a change upon the mentality that crimal activity is not an option. Brainwashing is the only known method, Clockwork Orange is the most extreme example but even less several methods is still illegal.

Sorry, if you need to know more on my thoughts of rehabilitation you can dig up the You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? thread.

Soda? Lions? I don't get it.

Hey, if you think that rehabilitation is unwarranted, ineffective, can't be done, etc. that's your opinion. I'm just asking how it's illegal. I haven't found anything in the consititution or in legal precedence that suggests it is. If I've missed something I am eager to learn.

Skull
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2011, 04:57:18 PM »

Government cannot make you do anything that you dont want to, therefore there is no possible way a criminal can become rehabilitate, especially while they are serving a prison term. If any acts were made or attempted is illegal.

if you want to talk more about this topic you could send me a personal message and I'll be happy to talk one on one later. But I dont want to talk about this subject anymore on this thread.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 05:00:59 PM by Skull » Logged
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2011, 06:19:12 PM »

I personally don't support the death penalty (we don't have it in Canada) because too many innocent people have gone to jail and been proven guilty for crimes they never committed already in this country and I wouldn't want an innocent person to end up dying for a crime they never actually committed. Still I do think sentences for crimes should be stiffer and should not be limited by age.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2011, 06:55:36 PM »

My dignity was murdered in high school when I was beaten up and spermicidal jelly was rubbed in my face.

That is bang out of order!  Hatred High school is such an unforgiving place...

S**t.  Glad you are okay.  The worst thing that ever happened to me in high school was being tackled during a flag football game.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2011, 09:33:18 PM »

Government cannot make you do anything that you dont want to, therefore there is no possible way a criminal can become rehabilitate, especially while they are serving a prison term.

I don't think you know what 'rehabilitate' really means.

If any acts were made or attempted is illegal.

No.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2011, 09:34:22 PM »

Also, might be a second one for me, the guy was in a medically induced come last I heard.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2011, 09:44:37 PM »

Government cannot make you do anything that you dont want to, therefore there is no possible way a criminal can become rehabilitate, especially while they are serving a prison term.

I don't think you know what 'rehabilitate' really means. Also, if the government can't make people do anything they don't want to do, then why are all those people in prison in the first place?

If any acts were made or attempted is illegal.

No.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Did you personally known someone who was murdered? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.