Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:53:03 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  PERFECT MOVIE? « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: PERFECT MOVIE?  (Read 17553 times)
Nightowl
Bad Movie Lover

Local TV-Movie Nerd!

« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2011, 09:47:29 AM »

The perfect gangster movie- Scarface. I watched Scarface for a whole month straight once and I still enjoy it.

Cant believe no one has mentioned Back To The Future yet. I can easily sit through Parts I-III

crackers
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2011, 10:37:41 AM »

The perfect gangster movie- Scarface. I watched Scarface for a whole month straight once and I still enjoy it.

Cant believe no one has mentioned Back To The Future yet. I can easily sit through Parts I-III

I have.

Vik
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2011, 01:10:23 PM »

Plan 9 From Outer Space is a perfect movie in its own peculiar way  Drink
EDIT: And 'In Bruges' was a perfect movie.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 01:30:04 PM by Pillow » Logged
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2011, 03:46:09 AM »

I agree with LAWRENCE of ARABIA.
Also....
.The TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE-One of those rare birds-a horror film that is still unnerving after multiple veiwings.
.NIGHT of the LIVING DEAD (1968)-Romero took INVISABLE INVADERS and The LAST MAN ON EARTH-added B stock music-and made ground breaking  a classic that has been endlessly ripped off to this day.
.I agree with Pillow on PLAN 9 from OUTER SPACE-a messterpiece of inane,insane genuis.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
claws
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2011, 04:00:31 AM »

The Silence of the Lambs (1991) - Perfect in every way.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2011, 10:38:23 PM »

I agree with LAWRENCE of ARABIA.
Also....
.The TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE-One of those rare birds-a horror film that is still unnerving after multiple veiwings.
.NIGHT of the LIVING DEAD (1968)-Romero took INVISABLE INVADERS and The LAST MAN ON EARTH-added B stock music-and made ground breaking  a classic that has been endlessly ripped off to this day.
.I agree with Pillow on PLAN 9 from OUTER SPACE-a messterpiece of inane,insane genuis.
Y'know if I had to guess which movie I have seen the most times from beginning to end, it would probably be NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD, which is landmark.  That movie still spooks me, and I love it.  It's a "bad movie" or make that: BAD MOVIE , but also effective!!  And it's strange mix yields a unique film as you stated, "copied" (over n over n over novernover n).

The TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE is relentless and for that kind of intense horror I need to be prepared, as in "set".  It falls short of perfection for precisely the reason you cite: it's still "unnerving".  It is a masterpiece that many people apparently imagine is this or that, the lack of genuine recollection is fascinating to me.  I like some TOBE HOOPER movies.  A lot.  
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 10:43:17 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2011, 11:26:33 PM »

Brick (2005) is a good mixture of Neo-Film noir with Teen Film, but is just the perfect movie for an experience that is hard to explain in detail, you just got to see it to understand what I'm trying to say.
Small | Large

yeah no.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2011, 01:06:35 PM »

Then I must add Manhunter (1986)

Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2011, 01:27:53 PM »

You know, I've heard about this movie many times, but for whatever reason, I've never seen it. I'm surprised that I haven't. I'm going to have to remedy that.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2011, 02:57:45 PM »

You know, I've heard about this movie many times, but for whatever reason, I've never seen it. I'm surprised that I haven't. I'm going to have to remedy that.
MANHUNTER is good, but SILENCE OF THE LAMBS is superior.  MANHUNTER was remade a few years ago with the title taken from THOMAS HARRIS' novel: RED DRAGONMANHUNTER and SILENCE OF THE LAMBS are faithful to the books... which are terrific reads, and being literature, do have other dimensions barely alluded to in the movies.  I've not seen the RED DRAGON remake. 

Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2011, 03:27:56 PM »

I knew that Manhunter was based on Red Dragon. I've read Thomas Harris' Hannibal books except for Red Dragon. I thought the final one, Hannibal was a very good book but the movie was just horrid. The Silence of the Lambs was indeed very true to the book in both story detail and I think got the feel right, thanks in no small part to Jonathan Demme.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Nightowl
Bad Movie Lover

Local TV-Movie Nerd!

« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2011, 03:45:38 PM »

^If you haven't seen Manhunter yet just watch any episode of CSI with William Petersen in it...it's almost the same thing  Twirling  All kidding aside I like both films, but I really feel Silence Of The Lambs is the better of the two.

Vik
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2011, 04:00:52 PM »

The Big Lebowski
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2011, 05:15:31 PM »

I knew that Manhunter was based on Red Dragon. I've read Thomas Harris' Hannibal books except for Red Dragon. I thought the final one, Hannibal was a very good book but the movie was just horrid. The Silence of the Lambs was indeed very true to the book in both story detail and I think got the feel right, thanks in no small part to Jonathan Demme.
I thought HANNIBAL the movie was... annoying.  I haven't read that book.  SILENCE does not allude so much to the "Pascal Lamb" and "Golgotha after the deposition" leaving out a dimension in the book, but it holds up well.  Red Dragon was a terrific novel, possibly superior to the book Silence of the Lambs

InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2011, 09:53:57 PM »

I'd also have to say GROUNDHOG DAY

Thumbup I will second that. It's rare to find somebody who doesn't at least like it a little bit.

I have a friend from high school who claim to be that rare person, though she admits she found some of the jokes funny.

Perfect movie?  Hmm... hard to say.  The movie that comes closet to being perfect for me is Dick Tracy.  Just everything about the film to me is perfect, with acting being the possible exception.  I love this film.

Raiders of the Lost Ark and Paprika also feel like perfect films to me.  Outside of the insanity of Paprika and some nitpicks with Raiders, I can't think of anything I could complain about with these two films.  I could say Perfect Blue, but I need to see it a couple of more times.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  PERFECT MOVIE? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.