Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:41:15 AM
713384 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Do You Know Someone Who is So Blessed With Good Fortune? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Do You Know Someone Who is So Blessed With Good Fortune?  (Read 1322 times)
claws
« on: July 14, 2011, 06:26:56 AM »

My dead grandmothers daughter-in-law. She and her husband are in their early 70s. They are both primitive idiots not well-liked in our town yet they own more or less a fortune thanks to partially inherited farming. Though I must admit both did work hard in the early days, taking care of crops and cows etc.
They never had kids so all their money, houses and properties will be donated to church once they die.
Both have too much money to spend. She hordes food in the pantry (example: countless bars of chocolate) and tosses it out after a couple of years. He buys himself a new car every two years or so.
Two a***oles blessed with fortune.
Ed, Ego and Superego
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 12:20:43 PM »

I have some freinds who just seem blessed... They are rich, have perfect kids, have travelled around the world, are sweet people and everything just falls their way.   Its makes it hard to REALLY be fond of them

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 01:00:02 PM »

I have a friend - nice guy, works very hard - who I swear has never failed at any business venture, from mowing lawns as a kid to owning real estate now. Not especially sophisticated or educated, but smart, a very likeable person, conscientious and never idle, confident enough to take risks, but I think there has also been a certain amount of good luck that has allowed him to use those qualities to full advantage. Or maybe he's more shrewd than I give him credit for, but it almost seems like he has a golden touch. He makes it look easy, anyway.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Skull
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 01:04:03 AM »

I know a few people who seem to be cursed with bad fortune...

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Do You Know Someone Who is So Blessed With Good Fortune? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.