Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:29:31 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  Running a Lemonade Stand is Illegal « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Running a Lemonade Stand is Illegal  (Read 3145 times)
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« on: July 15, 2011, 03:32:33 PM »

Apparently that is the truth with this case right here.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43769978/ns/us_news-weird_news/?GT1=43001

I mean seriously, is worth getting the police involved?

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 03:36:50 PM »

Small | Large

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 04:00:40 PM »

I always wonder in these situations whether anyone considers the possibility they'll be known for the rest of their career as the chief of police who personally busted three girls running a lemonade stand. Is it really worth it?

And city officials everywhere seem to fall into that trap of standing their ground when they get called on something ridiculous they've done, and defend it to a degree that makes it even more ridiculous. The fact that it was the chief himself, and it went all the way to the mayor just blows me away.

I really do feel sorry for the mayor though. What choice does he have? Look like a bit of an idiot and hope people forget about it, or overrule his chief of police and potentially strain their working relationship.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 11:35:58 AM »

This story left a sour taste in my mouth.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2011, 05:56:25 PM »

All joking aside, is it me, or is the law being such big pricks to kids lately? Question

yeah no.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2011, 06:40:48 AM »

I dunno, seriously there is way too much red tape with little sale operations like this and this story is an example of how stupid it has gotten.   Every year my workplace has an employee craft fair where employees who make stuff on the side sell their wares.  Well, the state got involved this year demanding sales tax be charged and the people selling have permits.  I know its regulations but they're stupid ones. Out in my area you need a permit to do a yard sale.  Back when, you wanted to do a yard sale you just did it. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2011, 10:01:58 AM »

I dunno, seriously there is way too much red tape with little sale operations like this and this story is an example of how stupid it has gotten.   Every year my workplace has an employee craft fair where employees who make stuff on the side sell their wares.  Well, the state got involved this year demanding sales tax be charged and the people selling have permits.  I know its regulations but they're stupid ones. Out in my area you need a permit to do a yard sale.  Back when, you wanted to do a yard sale you just did it. 

Around here, a church can't even have a fundraising dinner without inspections and permits from the health department. The end result is they either don't have dinners, or they have to rent a hall that takes a few hundred dollars right off the top of what they raise.

Same thing if your organization wants to have a booth selling baked goods at a community festival. And the real kicker there is you're required to have such facilities as running water in a booth you're setting up in the middle of the street for a few hours, to sell packaged food.

A few years ago, health officials just started targeting small fundraisers in the most heavy-handed and excessive manner possible - shutting down bake sales and the like. Absolutely ridiculous.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2011, 03:17:06 PM »

Health issues were also a concern, Morningstar said. "We were not aware of how the lemonade was made, who made the lemonade, of what the lemonade was made with, so we acted accordingly by city ordinance,” he said.

ARE THEY THAT DUMB?!!!!
 For crying out loud, they are girls, not some kind of secret terrorist!!!
The Law- YOU FAIL!

yeah no.
Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2011, 08:47:58 PM »

I'm glad the police are out there doing their jobs. Catching thieves, rapists, murderers, and children.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  Running a Lemonade Stand is Illegal « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.