Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:26:05 AM
713382 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 (2011) « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 (2011)  (Read 4312 times)
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« on: July 15, 2011, 08:28:35 PM »

So, I just saw the film and well... it was awesome!!!  I had a big grin on my face after walking out of the movie, probably the only time that has happen to me walking out of a film.  This is my favorite film this year.  Sorry Rango, you had have the first half of the year.

Acting, special effects (especially the effects), cinematrophy, story, and everything else just plain great.  Tons of epic battles as well (Molly Vs. Bellatrix was quick, but just great).  Also, probably the weakest part of Part 1, the slow pace, is not here.  Everything moves quickly and at the right pace.  It could be said that it may have moved too quickly, but I felt satisfied with everything.

In the end, this was a great film and a terrific way to end the franchise.  I have never felt more satisfied at a end of a franchise.  This is a must see film of the summer (However, make sure you saw all the previous films).

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 11:51:16 PM »

I thought it well done, too.

Random bullets:

-   final battle was a bit WTF-y (they changed it around in some ways -- too much exposition to put to screen I s'pose.)
-   scene in which Hermione drinks polyjuice potion to become Bellatrix was excellent -- very humorously done acting there.
-   enjoyed Minerva vs Severus quite a bit
-   Snape's death scene.  Wow, brutal.

Overall, well done.  Hard to put to screen but they did it well.  Worth seeing.  :)
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2011, 10:30:03 AM »

I haven't seen any Harry Potter movies yet.  Probably not a good idea to see this one first.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2011, 11:08:35 AM »

I'm going to see it on Tuesday.  I've only seen the last two entries in the series, so I'll probably miss some references.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Vik
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2011, 01:09:33 PM »

It's not perfect but I liked it a lot. Great finale to the series  Thumbup
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2011, 08:33:08 AM »

I enjoyed it. I saw a picture of Harry, Hermione, and Ron from the very first movie yesterday, and was reminded of how we have literally watched them grow up from about the age of 11.

I liked Part I as well. Part I was the development, and I don't mind development, and Part II was the action. I liked how the pace really picked up so dramatically. It made the development of Part I all that more meaningful. Certainly not a perfect movie, but it was satisfying enough.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Vik
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2011, 12:31:49 PM »

I liked Part 1 a lot as well, one of my favourite of the series actually, but many people seemed to hate it as it was all exposition. I think you people would like it better if they saw part 1 and 2 as one movie, not as two.
InformationGeek
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2011, 09:45:15 PM »

I think you people would like it better if they saw part 1 and 2 as one movie, not as two.

I like both films seperately, however, I would like to see both films combine into a full length feature. Over 4 hours, but I would try sitting through it to see how good it could be.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2011, 06:20:41 PM »

Saw it today.  The word that comes to mind is "satisfying."  It was entertaining on its own (loved the dragon!) and it wrapped up all the loose ends and put a nice cherry on top of the franchise.  The final showdown was a bit anticlimactic but I think that probably couldn't be helped given that tension has been building up for 7 movies. I'll give it 4.5/5.

Vik
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2011, 03:37:53 AM »

Saw it today.  The word that comes to mind is "satisfying."  It was entertaining on its own (loved the dragon!) and it wrapped up all the loose ends and put a nice cherry on top of the franchise.  The final showdown was a bit anticlimactic but I think that probably couldn't be helped given that tension has been building up for 7 movies. I'll give it 4.5/5.
It was even more anticlimatic in the book. Also, am I the only one who thought the ending was terrible?
InformationGeek
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2011, 06:09:46 AM »

It was even more anticlimatic in the book. Also, am I the only one who thought the ending was terrible?

Here?  Possibly.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2011, 09:43:17 AM »

I wasn't crazy about the ending, but I wouldn't call it "terrible."

Vik
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2011, 03:15:42 AM »

This is pretty funny:

Lookingup
Jim H

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2011, 11:41:00 AM »

I thought this one was the best of the entire series.  It mostly lacks the disconnected "random jump to scene X" feel most of the earlier films have, which feel like connective tissue was left on the cutting room floor inbetween scenes.

As an example, consider the number of times characters have to make reference to passage of time in Deathly Hallows part 1..  Three or four?  Because otherwise we'd have no idea.

This one also has some really good acting, really good action scenes, great effects work, good score.  It does occasionally get a little blah and a few bits are still awkward (like how random it is when we see Hagrid for the first time), but it's a satisfying final entry.  8/10.

Also, I'll have to agree that Alan Rickman is a really great actor.  I guess we all knew that already though.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2011, 10:35:58 PM »

Nice, it was the most badass film of them all, plus Serverus's relation to Harry is almost the same as Chell and GLaDOS IMO. 5/5 Cheers

yeah no.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 (2011) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.