Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:44:33 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Would you want to see a new teen slasher film? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Would you want to see a new teen slasher film?  (Read 10340 times)
66Crush
« on: July 17, 2011, 12:46:25 AM »

Would you want to see a new teen slasher film? Or has has the genre run it's course? I love movies like FRIDAY THE 13TH, TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE AND THE BURNING. I also love most of the thousands of ripoffs out there. I am currently in the process of writing one of these movies. I have noticed that the remake of FRIDAY THE 13TH is so disliked, it makes me wonder if this is a good idea to do another film of this kind. I know this kind of movie can be made cheaply and I have a genuine love of the genre. Is this kind of movie something you would watch or at least rent.
crackers
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 01:37:14 AM »

I think the reason the Friday the 13th re-make is so disliked is cause it is just that, a remake. But if someone ( like yourself ) with an obvious passion for the genre was to make one, I'm sure many people ( like myself ) who love the genre, would really like to see it.

Just keep it original. but classic.

Now get back to work. I wanna see this.
 Cheers

Skull
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 01:47:27 AM »

The remake of Friday the 13th isnt an actual remake since Jason wasnt the hockey Mask killer until part 3 and he wasnt actually in the first movie.

On the otherhand, I dont like how they made Jason and I'm not actually sure of the new Jason's motive towards his mother since he chain the girl that like his mother in a hidden cell, and Jason happens to know about electricity and wire traps...

It was also loaded with cliche that maybe is easy to write but not good on film. The friend whom is a total a***ole to his friends does make you wonder why are they friends with him at the first place. Potheads being stupid, it gets annoying when they destroy something in the house while high. And the b***h girl whom is looking for a fast screw with the boyfriend of another girl.

Although the Burning has it problems it does come off as little more intelligent as a slasher film.

I dont see a problem in writing or even getting a slasher film off the ground... Hatchet, a recent (new) slasher film was really good thanks to the modern special effects and the script was also surprising good.

Small | Large

I've also wrote my first slasher/giallo last year... "Revenge Taste Very Sweet, My Love" It's a twisted story of an innocent teenage girl convicted for murdering her teacher and was forced to stay in an insane asylum for almost 10 years, then after her released she is being stalked by the actual killer. If you like to check out my script I can send you a pdf.

Swamp Thing
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2011, 02:03:08 AM »

I have the same idea as you 66crush. I am a 27yr old Australian but I think I am going to work for a little longer until I am in my mid 30's so I can save some more money. I am always getting ideas and watching films closely for the cool things directors do to keep films entertaining and fresh. Spanish and French films are good for this. I'm going to set mine in an abandoned town in south New South Wales, Australia. I think with slasher films, you can get away with a low budget but the film has to look slick, the actors have to be tolerable and the setup (location) has to be right. And a cool killer helps.

But there is always new slashers coming out. I will put togther a list of some recent slashers that I can think of:

My Soul To Take
Vertige
Humains
Harpoon
Dream Home
Detention
Chain Letter
Slaughtered
Macabre
Hatchet
The Hills Run Red
My Super Psycho Sweet 16
My Bloody Valentine
Sorority Row
Cold Prey
Behind The Mask
All The Boys Love Mandy Lane

I could keep going! I classify some of those in the "backwoods" genre myself, but they are still slasher-type movies.

I love a DTV slasher!

Abby Arcane: Is there a Mrs. Swamp Thing?
Swamp Thing: No, I'm a bachelor.
claws
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2011, 03:04:35 AM »

The only problem with the Friday the 13th "remake" for me is that it didn't feel like a Friday the 13th movie at all. It felt more like the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake. That said, I still enjoyed the remake for what it is.

As for new teen slashers, bring em on.
Swamp Thing
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2011, 04:18:23 AM »

I hated F13 remake the first time I watched it because I was so digusted that they even remade it, but if you watch it for a campy throwback and not a serious attempt at a remake (which it tried to be and failed) then it's pretty good.

If you want to see two recent slasher-esque movies which are just entertaining check out Train from 2008 (the quasi-remake of Terror Train) and another Italian one called Shadow from 2009. They were really fun to watch in my opinion.

Abby Arcane: Is there a Mrs. Swamp Thing?
Swamp Thing: No, I'm a bachelor.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2011, 05:47:58 AM »

I wouldn't go out of my way to go and see any new movies, let alone horror/slasher flicks. They are somehow even more dumb and clichéd than all the hundreds of low budget 80s ones (which I do love). But I do think that this remake trend needs to seriously die out, fast. I would much prefer slightly original idea or "rip-offs" even, to versions that spit in the face of classic horror movies and their fans.

The only decent "new" teen slasher style film I've seen that impressed me was The Hills Run Red.

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2011, 06:41:07 AM »

I watch slasher movies all the time.  There's tons of new ones in the direct-to-video market.  As a big slasher fan I have no interest in Hollywood remakes or reboots or whatever.  That's just a bunch of cult of personality BS where some has-been or never-was turns out some piece of out-of-touch crap because some Hollywood executive knew it would make money on name recognition alone, and that's the only priority with that stuff.

Just give me a genuine low budget movie made by people who love the genre and want to entertain their audience.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2011, 06:57:02 AM »

the 78-83 era slashers have a certain endearing crapness that just can't be replicated IMO

however that's not to say someone couldn't come along and perhaps breathe new life into the genre or approach it from an original angle. then maybe I would be interested...

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
cyberschizoid
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2011, 12:41:12 PM »

I'd watch a new slasher movie as long as it wasn't yet another lame remake like F13, Prom Night etc

And it would need to be well-made and kind of in the original 70's/80's style to make it work.

You know what would be REALLY cool? If you set your movie in the late 70's and really tried to capture that vibe...and NO FAKE BOOBS please!!!! Real flesh only!!! Nothing worse than modern American movies where all the girls have ugly plastic breasts!
Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2011, 01:46:09 PM »

Don't make the kids complete dochebags. Well they can be jerks, but really some movies really overdo the douche factor.

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2011, 01:49:14 PM »

Plenty of T&A.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2011, 09:28:14 PM »

I'm all for slasher flicks.

Just not glossy, overproduced "Re-Imaginings" with no real purpose other than cashing in on a franchise's notoriety to make money.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Skull
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2011, 09:56:57 PM »

Plenty of T&A.

A slasher in a nudist camp... This story would be loaded with T&A... :)
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2011, 11:19:55 PM »

Every Cliche is not present!!!!

yeah no.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Would you want to see a new teen slasher film? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.