Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:27:05 PM
714223 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Actors M.I.A. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Actors M.I.A.  (Read 7723 times)
claws
« on: July 22, 2011, 02:57:47 PM »

She only made two movies so I guess she wasn't that well-known to begin with - though her "movie career" started out promising. Anita Skinner was nominated for the Golden Globe for her performance in Girlfriends (1978) (which was a Stanley Kubrick fave). Five years later she made her final movie, Sole Survivor (1983).

Never seen Girlfriends but I always loved her performance in Sole Survivor. Seems like Anita Skinner disappeared for good after that and nobody knows her whereabouts.
Skull
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 04:53:37 PM »

I got one...

Student Bodies (1981)

Malvert the Janitor... actors name: The Stick

I cannot believe this guy just vanished...

Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2011, 05:01:01 PM »

Since Skull's on the nerd/misfit tip, here's one: Eddie Deezen

Actually, he does still work, mainly voicework. He was the voice of the nerdy kid in The Polar Express.

Here's another actor who seemed to have a strongly developing career in the 80's: David Naughton of An American Werewolf in London fame.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 05:15:43 PM »

Actually, he does still work, mainly voicework. He was the voice of the nerdy kid in The Polar Express.

He was i n LASERBLAST too!  Thumbup

Howabout  Zohra Lambert? She played Jessica in LETS SCARE JESSICA TO DEATH. Back when the movie came out,Castle of Frankenstien magazine-(the ONLY monster fan mag that didn't pander to 12 year olds-no offense, Uncle Forry) said "Watch for her-sure to become a star."
Never happened.  Bluesad

Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2011, 05:28:32 PM »

CANDACE HILLIGOSS only made two movies, but her performance in CARNIVAL OF SOULS is memorable.  She's still around. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Skull
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2011, 11:40:49 AM »

Here's another actor who seemed to have a strongly developing career in the 80's: David Naughton of An American Werewolf in London fame.

David Naughton seems to be in 70+ TV Shows/movies...

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0622544/
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2011, 03:08:25 PM »

Kelly Brown, who played Bradley on the Hey Dude TV show.  That was the only thing she was ever in, then she got married and quit acting I guess.

Cindy Beal, who co-starred in Slave Girls From Beyond Infinity, one of - if not the - movie that got me hooked on low budget junk.  She had a small part in My Chauffeur (1986) starring Deborah Foreman, then co-starred in Slave Girls in 1987, and wasn't heard from again until 2003 when she did the voice of a character in the animated TV series Dragon Ball GT.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2011, 08:10:27 PM »

Two more M.I.A. folks in the movie world:

The guy who played Melvin the Mop Boy in the first Toxic Avenger movie, as well as Ron Fazio, who played the Toxic Avenger.

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
claws
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2011, 06:38:05 AM »

Anitra Ford. She was in two of my favorite 1970s movies, Invasion of the Bee Girls and Messiah of Evil. Apparently she retired from the film business in 1977 but appeared in the documentary From Manila with Love (2011) as herself. Though not really missing in action, after quitting movies she found work in real estate, published poetry and her work as a photographer has been displayed in various galleries in Santa Barbara, California according to IMDb.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2011, 10:46:52 AM »

Howabout  Zohra Lambert? She played Jessica in LETS SCARE JESSICA TO DEATH. Back when the movie came out,Castle of Frankenstien magazine-(the ONLY monster fan mag that didn't pander to 12 year olds-no offense, Uncle Forry) said "Watch for her-sure to become a star."
Never happened.  Bluesad

She never became a star . . . but she did get some work.  She has 67 appearances listed on IMDB!

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Actors M.I.A. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.