Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 03:01:21 AM
714255 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I went to jail. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: I went to jail.  (Read 3459 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« on: July 22, 2011, 09:46:09 PM »

2 weeks ago. My son beat me up. I could have told the cops he hit me first. I didnt. He beat me up.

Now I face jail.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 09:49:06 PM »

Dammit. I dont want to live like this...God help me. I cry every day. DAMMIT. PLEASE GOD HELP ME.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2011, 10:01:23 PM »

Buggedout Bluesad Wow, that's tough and so very sad. I think there are some people who know the legal system well on here so maybe they might be able to help you or give you some advice...I do hope you can get some help to deal with the tough family/abuse issues you're going through...you deserve a much better life than this.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Menard
Bad Movie Lover

I Am Vitriol...When You Say My Name You Praise Me

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 11:00:25 PM »

This may seem a little harsh, Ronnie (harsh for the way I usually speak to you):

I do wonder what happened here. Your son beating you up has all kinds of parameters around as to what happened.

Perhaps an argument ensued, he got mad, struck you and the two of you got into a fight.

I don't know why you are facing jail time. Perhaps he is under 18, or perhaps you are on probation and it's a violation of your probation.

These are questions in my head, and of course you can answer those for us.

What I want to say however, and of course this is an assumption of circumstances as I do not know what transpired, is that taking a fall for someone has no lesson to it.

What does he learn by you being punished for his actions?

We're all familiar with the rat maze. A rat runs through the maze, and learns their way to a destination by a small but painful shock for each wrong choice. If we put two rats in that maze, one always running ahead of the other, and that one ahead always taking the punishments for the wrong choices, allowing the other one to make it through without any punishment, then when it's time for that second rat to run that maze on its own, and probably with greater punishments ahead, it won't find its way because the lead rat is not there to take the punishment.

I know you've raised kids, and like parents in general you've made good and bad decisions. I really don't know what this decision is to you; why you've made it. You may well have a good reason for making a decision to take a fall for your son. Does that reason, though, justify him not learning from this?

Just questions. I don't know if in this situation if someone can have an answer, even with all the information.

Legally? Possibly.

Responsibly? I don't know.

Just talk to us, Ronnie. Talk to someone.

Couchtr26
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2011, 11:35:37 PM »

Wish I could say more but am not good in such situations.  You deserve better RC and seem to have a good head on your shoulders.  Hoping things can pull through and an answer can be found to help you avoid that end.  I hope another board member has more practical advice. 

Ah, the good old days.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2011, 01:04:37 AM »

Sensible questions, Menard.   Bluesad 

Ron, what happened?  Talk to us when you've sobered up.  It's always the booze. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2011, 03:46:06 AM »

I assume I'll go to jail. I may not. I always assume the worst...I go to pretrial August 9.
I just dont have a lot of faith in the justice system.
I been railroaded by these f**king podunk cops in this town so many times.
They hate me.
Long hair-This town is small-the cops make Archie Bunker look like a hippie.

I went to jail inaitally. Spent 2 days there 2 weeks ago. Cost me $250 to get out.
Part of my rent money! dammit.
The kids a brat-my other son called the cops=but I refused to talk-so they took me to jail.
I was covered in blood-he busted my nose-f**kin pigs-they hate me.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 03:53:27 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2011, 09:14:31 AM »

RC, I can't give legal advice on criminal matters in Michigan.  I assume you can't afford a lawyer?  Do you have a public defender?  Do you trust him/her?  They will try to keep you out of jail.

Truth is always the best way.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2011, 09:16:34 AM »

RC, I can't give legal advice on criminal matters in Michigan.  I assume you can't afford a lawyer?  Do you have a public defender?  Do you trust him/her?  They will try to keep you out of jail.

I never lie. I just dont want to get my kid busted.
Ill take a fall.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Cthulhu

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2011, 09:27:08 AM »

Ill take a fall.
Why? Is being hit your fault? Really, what happened?
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2011, 09:41:58 AM »

Ill take a fall.

Staying silent is not always the same as lying.  It's your decision, obviously.  But Menard makes a good point that it might not be the best thing for your son.  And it's not the best thing for your community to punish the wrong guy. 

My advice is tell your public defender the absolute truth.  You can still plead no contest to the charges if you decide to, they can't make you plead not guilty or implicate your son.  But you need the assistance of a professional if you want the best outcome possible, and he or she needs your absolute cooperation.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2011, 12:07:31 PM »

Ill take a fall.

Yeah, I know this. I got ot pre trial Aug.9.
If they give me a deal with a fine and no time-I'll take it. IIt cost me 250 to bail out-I'll forfiet that in lie of dragging s**t out.
Otherwise I'm going to trial. I wont be f4cked cuz these pigs need a bust.

Staying silent is not always the same as lying.  It's your decision, obviously.  But Menard makes a good point that it might not be the best thing for your son.  And it's not the best thing for your community to punish the wrong guy. 

My advice is tell your public defender the absolute truth.  You can still plead no contest to the charges if you decide to, they can't make you plead not guilty or implicate your son.  But you need the assistance of a professional if you want the best outcome possible, and he or she needs your absolute cooperation.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and

Never give up on love

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2011, 06:35:02 PM »

I'm sorry to hear about what happened to you, RC.

Tough love is the only way kids learn, especially if it escalates to your situation where your kid beats you up.  Being noble and taking a fall for him won't magically make him him see the light and realise what he did was wrong.

Let him be responsible for his own actions and you'll be doing the best thing for him as a parent.  Sometimes a good scare (ie, going to jail) works wonders for the attitude.

Remember, we love you here.  Good luck Thumbup
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 03:07:35 AM by Killer Bees » Logged

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Bring back what once was mine
What once was mine.......
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2011, 08:56:41 PM »

Ronnie my friend, you know that all of us wish the best for you.
But, from where I sit, I don't think you are helping your son by taking the fall for him.  What are you teaching him?  That he can raise his hand to his own dad and not have any consequences?

It's not my place to tell you what to do.  But think hard on this before you take the fall for him. What kind of man do you want your son to become?

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2011, 09:39:03 PM »

I think you're not doing your self or your son any favors by taking the fall for what he did, but it's not my place to telly ou how to raise your son.

But I do wish you the best at your upcoming court date. Just tell your public defender what happened and you should be ok. We're rooting for you buddy!

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I went to jail. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.