Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:37:05 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I went to jail. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: I went to jail.  (Read 3318 times)
zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2011, 11:12:28 PM »

sounds like a difficult situation, I hope you manage to fix it somehow and good luck

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2011, 02:14:33 AM »

Sorry about your plight... I wish you well.

One thought as one Dad to another... what lesson is your kid going to learn if you take the fall for them? Sometimes tough love is the best love... and while we never want to see our kids in trouble or hurt we must ask the question are we really protecting them or are we hurting them by denying them the consequences of their actions??

IT might be a valuable lesson that will be a wake up call and change the direction of his life.

Just a thought... take it or leave. What ever your choice I wish the best for you and your children.

Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2011, 11:54:30 AM »

Tough love is the only way kids learn, especially if it escalates to your situation where your kid beats you up.  Being noble and taking a fall for him won't magically make him him see the light and realise what he did was wrong.

Let him be responsible for his own actions and you'll be doing the best thing for him as a parent.  Sometimes a good scare (ie, going to jail) works wonders for the attitude.

Remember, we love you here.  Good luck Thumbup

As usual, your combination of beauty and brains sees another great post, and I raise my glass to you  Cheers

As one who came from the wrong side of the tracks as a younger man, (but nowhere near as bad as some of those around me back in that day) I agree that you need to learn a good hard lesson sometimes, no matter how much pain or remorse it instills in your being.

But, as is the way of things there are those who don't care no matter what they've done, and it makes you wonder how some people live with themselves...

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2011, 01:14:21 PM »

RC,
 You are my friend but I MUST agree with Indy, again.
1) if you want your son to be a good man, he has tolearn how to beone himself.  You covering him like this will not help him learn.  I'm sorry, being a good dad means that kids have to fall sometimes.  Those that are caught and covered for never turn out well.  Your intention is noble, but it won't help him be a better man.

2) Don't be a victim anytime, bro.  Use your public defender, and I gotta say, maybe the drink has gotten ahead of you.  Don't be a victim to that either. 

Hang in there.  Stand tall.  You have people.
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Vik
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2011, 05:50:59 PM »

Can't they guess what happened seeing the physical evidence? If you're the one who's hurt, I reckon it should be obvious? Unless you fought back and the both of you are wounded. And out of what you say can we assume that your son is lieing? I think that's an even bigger reason to tell the truth.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2011, 08:12:04 PM »

Can't they guess what happened seeing the physical evidence? If you're the one who's hurt, I reckon it should be obvious? Unless you fought back and the both of you are wounded. And out of what you say can we assume that your son is lieing? I think that's an even bigger reason to tell the truth.

Eddie wasn't hurt.
We talked about it...when I go to the pretrail confrence,he' said he's going to man up.

Thanks for all the advice,guys!  Thumbup

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2011, 02:34:00 PM »

Best of luck to you.  This sounds like a tough situation.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I went to jail. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.