Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:37:03 PM
714253 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Carnage (1984) & Class Reunion Massacre (1978) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Carnage (1984) & Class Reunion Massacre (1978)  (Read 4089 times)
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« on: June 13, 2006, 07:11:32 PM »

Bought this Double Feature DVD for $1

CARNAGE (1984) - This is just a terrible Horror film directed and written by Andy Mulligan. I mean it has household objects sliding across tables, falling on floors, from roofs, across the yard. What was this guy thinking? It's like he tied a string to these objects and pulled them around and is trying to pass it off as horror. The actors are no names and it all takes place in this house where the previous couple comitted suicide. Only for Andy Mulligan completist. All others avoid at all cost. Even at .50 cents.

CLASS REUNION (1978) a.k.a. Redeemer: Son of Satan - Eeegh gads ! ! ! This is worst than CARNAGE. First the films starts out with a view of a river and a boy who suddenly rises from the water and walks to shore. Next we are introduced to a bunch a people going to a class reunion that is set up in a remote house. Once they get in they can't get out as they all try to think of what they did wrong as they get killed one by one. Don't even waste your time on this one. Oh and then the boy walks back into the river. Sounds interesting, but Ouch ! ! !  It hurts bad.

EASTWESTDVD.COM

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 10:46:01 PM »

I saw both of these movies on VHS back in the 1980s.  I remember that CARNAGE was really bad (but all of Andy Milligan's movies are bad, so I wasn't surprised).  I don't remember much about THE REDEEMER, but if you say it's bad, I'll believe you.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 11:35:23 AM by The Burgomaster » Logged

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 04:33:02 AM »

I found the trailer for Carnage HERE

That movie looks absolutely hysterical!
It must be really bad if you say it isn't even worth 50 cents.
Scott

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2006, 08:44:08 AM »

That's the film ASHTHECAT. Viewing the trailer is quite enough. Enjoy the trailer because it does not get better.

The trailer is better than the movie. I'd pay $2 for the trailer and .25 cents for the movie.

If you find that you like CARNAGE then you might be entertained by CLASS REUNION MASSACRE. For a $1 double feature DVD you can't loose. I found it at my local supermarket.

Shadowphile
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2006, 02:23:57 AM »

That trailer was really REALLY bad.  It looks like somebody tried to make an ultra low budget movie, without the budget.  I've spent more money on penny candy then they did on special effects....
Ozzymandias
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2006, 04:00:25 PM »

Watched the trailer and I have decided I MUST OWN A COPY OF THAT. What story did you get it in?
Scott

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2006, 08:06:28 PM »

I live in New Jersey and the supermarket chain is called SHOP-RITE.

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2011, 05:42:53 PM »

I had this same double feature DVD (got it at the dollar store a few years ago) and yeah, CARNAGE was without a doubt the worst piece of crap I'd ever seen in my life. It was my first (and last) attempt at an Andy Milligan film. I have since sworn to avoid anything else with his name on it as if it were an explosive device.

I didn't care much for CLASS REUNION MASSACRE much either but geez, after CARNAGE it seemed positively Oscar-worthy.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
claws
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2011, 02:14:55 AM »

Class Reunion Massacre is quite the unusual slasher and has a dedicated following. I like it.
Never seen Carnage but always wanted to. The old Media VHS cover art left some sort of impression on me but for some reason I would always skip it at the rental place.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2011, 11:36:43 AM »

Class Reunion Massacre is quite the unusual slasher and has a dedicated following. I like it.
Never seen Carnage but always wanted to. The old Media VHS cover art left some sort of impression on me but for some reason I would always skip it at the rental place.

CARNAGE is now available in one of the Mill Creek 50 Movie Packs.  I have it at home.  Can't remember which pack it's in, though.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Ozzymandias
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2011, 07:14:01 PM »

I had this same double feature DVD (got it at the dollar store a few years ago) and yeah, CARNAGE was without a doubt the worst piece of crap I'd ever seen in my life. It was my first (and last) attempt at an Andy Milligan film. I have since sworn to avoid anything else with his name on it as if it were an explosive device.

I didn't care much for CLASS REUNION MASSACRE much either but geez, after CARNAGE it seemed positively Oscar-worthy.

Ozzymandias speaks: Actually, most of Milligan's movies are a lot more fun. This isn't even good enough to be called an Andy Milligan movie. The problem is Milligan tried to make a "modern-day" horror film rather than the "costume" period pieces of his more famous films.
I hope I don't offend anyone here, but what makes most of Milligan's film fun to watch are his casting a over-the-top, flaming gay actors. They usually do chew the scenery, they eat it like Cookie Monster. The actresses are the same way and usually not picked for their sex appeal. CARNAGE features actors who seem to be half asleep and reading lines from cue cards.
Another interesting thing about CARNAGE, compared to other Milligan films is the minister in the film. He is a good person who tries his best to rid the house of the evil force. His acting ability leads me to believe Milligan got a real minister out of the phone book. In most Andy Milligan films the clergy is portrayed a sexual predator and a deceitful sleaze bag.
At least, Milligan's other films can provide an unintentional laugh or two. CARNAGE has nothing.
Ozzymandias has spoken!!!
voltron

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2011, 08:55:53 PM »

I absolutely HATED Class Reunion Massacre when I fist saw it. I couldn't stomach the lame acting. After rewatching it a couple of times I grew to appreciate it. I think it was ahead of it's time. Haven't seen Carnage, but I've been warned about Milligan's films so I'm not really interested in seeing it.

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2011, 11:02:49 PM »

Is it wrong that this conversation makes me want to see the movies now?

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Carnage (1984) & Class Reunion Massacre (1978) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.