Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:14:39 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Local/Regional Commercials « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Local/Regional Commercials  (Read 8586 times)
Pilgermann
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2011, 06:21:05 PM »

These look fake but apparently it's a real company!

Small | Large

Small | Large

Some from my neck of the woods:

Small | Large

These Little John ones don't even make me laugh but they are pretty rediculous.

Small | Large

Small | Large

Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2011, 10:35:30 PM »

I should start ripping off local companies and making commercials for them. How hard could it be going by this topic?

Hammock Rider

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2011, 01:42:41 PM »

Small | Large

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
JJ80
Nutter Magnet

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2011, 04:08:45 PM »

This is an old 1980's advert for my home town:

Small | Large

There are few things more beautiful than a sporting montage with a soft-rock soundtrack
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2011, 02:28:11 PM »

I've always appreciated localized commercials for their cheese factor and, let's face it, they're not unlike b-movies in many ways. Sometimes they're clever but low-budget, sometimes they're just outright bad and we can't help but laugh at them. I was thinking of some of the local commercials I watched growing up, and how, unless you lived at this particular region at that particular time, there's little chance you would ever see some of these cheesy gems. I'm sure this topic or similar has been brought up before, but so what?

Fred Rated: This one comes from my adolescence. Fred Rated was a hugely popular commercial persona in the Western U.S. in the early to mid 80's. He was the official commercial character for The Federated Group, a regional stereo and electronics chain that went belly up, I think somewhere in the early 90's, but was hugely successful in the early 80's, thanks in part to this man. He went on to host American Top 40 for several years under the moniker Shadoe Stevens, but it was his Fred Rated commercials that made him. Here is a collection of his old Fred Rated commercials from the 80's
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pM7yGRMjbrI

Lowell "The Hammer" Stanley: This is one of those that just makes you laugh because it's so bad. When I was living in Virginia while in the Navy, this commercial was on alot. Here is a lawyer that wants to convey an image of toughness. He's wants to come across as the Dirty Harry of the legal world, but he looks like your dad's boss. Hilarious.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62xreSr25uI

Feel free to post or talk about your favorite local commercials.

Down here, we've got our own version....they run him WAY too early in the morning!

Small | Large

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2011, 03:56:09 PM »

Anybody from the New York/New Jersey Metropolitan area will surely remember Crazy Eddie. His prices were (all together now) INNNNNN-SAAAAAAAAAANE!!!

They made literally dozens of commercials over the years, starring former radio DJ Jerry Carroll as "Eddie."

Small | Large

Small | Large

Small | Large

Small | Large

This one brings back fond memories because I used to buy a lot of my records and tapes from "Crazy Eddie's Record and Tape Asylum!"
Small | Large

Interestingly, the real "Eddie" behind Crazy Eddie (Edward Antar) ended up going to jail for a few years in the late 80s for income tax evasion. When sales at his stores started slipping, he apparently cooked the books to make it look like they were doing great, then tried to split to Israel with a whole bunch of company cash. It was quite the news story in its day. "Duuuuuude! Crazy Eddie's goin' to jail!"

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2011, 05:37:07 PM »

Anybody from the New York/New Jersey Metropolitan area will surely remember Crazy Eddie. His prices were (all together now) INNNNNN-SAAAAAAAAAANE!!!

They made literally dozens of commercials over the years, starring former radio DJ Jerry Carroll as "Eddie."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jc-Mhynh_pg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwiBr4q2vdE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yYGoO5imyY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jy8rPQ-qqk

This one brings back fond memories because I used to buy a lot of my records and tapes from "Crazy Eddie's Record and Tape Asylum!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuhRA0W8Vec

Interestingly, the real "Eddie" behind Crazy Eddie (Edward Antar) ended up going to jail for a few years in the late 80s for income tax evasion. When sales at his stores started slipping, he apparently cooked the books to make it look like they were doing great, then tried to split to Israel with a whole bunch of company cash. It was quite the news story in its day. "Duuuuuude! Crazy Eddie's goin' to jail!"

Yeah, I saw a TV documentary show about him. The financial troubles were due to Eddie and his family skimming millions off the top and covering it up. And the fraud kicked into high gear when the company went public. They pulled some interesting tricks to inflate the inventory for auditors - stacking empty boxes behind the full ones, moving stuff so it got counted more than once, etc. They inflated revenues by shuffling money between foreign banks and paying it back to their own stores. Impressive, in a sleazy, crooked sort of way.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 05:47:29 PM by AndyC » Logged

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2011, 10:43:20 AM »

In the Cleveland market, back in the 60's-70's, we had a bunch of local ads that were a trip, but C. MILLER CHEVROLET took the cake....

Small | Large

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Local/Regional Commercials « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.