Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:42:08 PM
713356 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  I'm baaaack! « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: I'm baaaack!  (Read 9625 times)
WyreWizard
Bad Movie Lover

« on: July 27, 2011, 09:02:24 AM »

Yes badmoviephiles, your favorite troll is back.  Now I've got a question.  Its about the year 2000 and how movies before made such a big deal of that year.  I know, 2000 is over 10 years behind us.  We don't see very many movies now making a big deal of it.  But what about the next millennium?  The year 3000?  Yes, I know that is over 900 years away and none of us will be around to see it.  But I've seen only one show that happen in the year 3000 and it wasn't a movie.  Yes, you all know what I'm talking about:  Matt Groening's Futurama!  The exploits of Phillip J. Fry frozen in the years 1999 only to be unfrozen on Dec 31 of 2999.  That tv show has so many reality flaws, its unreal.  I won't get into those.  But I haven't yet seen any movies that make hype of or take place in the year 3000.  Have you?

Babe, I'm leaving.  I must be on my way.  The time is drawing near.  The train is going.  I see it in your eyes.  The love beneath your tears.  And I'll be lonely without you.  And I'll need your love to see me through.  So please me.  My heart is your hands.  And I'll be missing you...
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 09:56:57 AM »

I don't know, and frankly it's just too unrealistic a premise for me to even think about.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Pilgermann

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 11:08:46 AM »

I plan on hanging around until 3000 so I'll follow up with a reply when the time comes.

zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 12:06:40 PM »

That tv show has so many reality flaws, its unreal.

think about that sentence.

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 12:20:04 PM »

Yes badmoviephiles, your favorite troll is back.  Now I've got a question.  Its about the year 2000 and how movies before made such a big deal of that year.  I know, 2000 is over 10 years behind us.  We don't see very many movies now making a big deal of it.  But what about the next millennium?  The year 3000?  Yes, I know that is over 900 years away and none of us will be around to see it.  But I've seen only one show that happen in the year 3000 and it wasn't a movie.  Yes, you all know what I'm talking about:  Matt Groening's Futurama!  The exploits of Phillip J. Fry frozen in the years 1999 only to be unfrozen on Dec 31 of 2999.  That tv show has so many reality flaws, its unreal.  I won't get into those.  But I haven't yet seen any movies that make hype of or take place in the year 3000.  Have you?
Mr. Wyre, Cartoons don't have to follow reality. Hell, anime and the laws of physics don't apply. it is just pure imagination.

yeah no.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2011, 12:34:28 PM »

Mr. Wyre, Cartoons don't have to follow reality. Hell, anime and the laws of physics don't apply. it is just pure imagination.

You do realize that you're encouraging him, yes?

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2011, 12:48:45 PM »

eh, whatever. He just needs to realize that cartoons don't follow logic, most of the time. TongueOut Twirling

yeah no.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2011, 12:55:29 PM »

eh, whatever. He just needs to realize that cartoons don't follow logic, most of the time. TongueOut Twirling

Good luck with that. He even opened up his thread with "your favorite troll is back." Just fight fire with fire and poke back. Don't try to reason with him. It's what he wants.

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2011, 01:13:28 PM »

Good luck with that. He even opened up his thread with "your favorite troll is back." Just fight fire with fire and poke back. Don't try to reason with him. It's what he wants.
should I get the flamethrower then?

yeah no.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2011, 01:33:07 PM »

should I get the flamethrower then?

BounceGiggle

No. Just don't try arguing or reasoning with him. It doesn't work and you'll only frustrate yourself and entertain him.

Skull
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2011, 01:41:26 PM »

Odd, I thought cartoons, books, live action films and an old man telling a ghost story by the campfire are equal when it comes to logic. Cartoons has bigger advantage over live action films since they dont added to the cost of the budget.

As what will happen 3000 years from now?

I feel sad that there is a good portion of films lost forever (thanks for poor storage, Hollywood storage fire and the traditional of destroying old films to make room), today film storage is much different so I can see JAWS being played in the year 3000 and be equally enjoy as it was in the 1970's, it might even be more enjoyed since it's a time capsule.

I'm not sure what 900 years would look like... I do believe people watching Star Trek in the 1960's would never thought cell phones in the 1990's.

:)
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2011, 04:00:56 PM »

Yes badmoviephiles

Oh, being called a "phile" of any kind doesn't really sit well with me.  Bluesad

Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2011, 04:04:15 PM »

Yes badmoviephiles

Oh, being called a "phile" of any kind doesn't really sit well with me.  Bluesad

I don't know. I feel confident you wouldn't mind being call a "metalphile."

Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2011, 04:05:08 PM »

Yes badmoviephiles

Yeah, I'm pretty sure there is a register for that sort of thing...

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2011, 04:07:42 PM »

Cartoons think yer unreal too, WW.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  I'm baaaack! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.