Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:56:20 PM
714379 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Do we really need THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Do we really need THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN?  (Read 4214 times)
Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2011, 02:16:43 PM »

Its all started turning stale I think.

I mean SERIOUSLY Rebooting a 9 year old film? Why not just do another franchise or something?

Captain America really doesn't look that good, and most everything else looks so-so.

I am excited for TDKR though.

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2011, 02:35:51 PM »

Captain America really doesn't look that good, and most everything else looks so-so.

I thought it was okay, but certainly nothing special. 

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2011, 05:44:41 PM »

Andrew Garfield is a good actor, but a little tan for Peter Parker don't you think?

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2011, 10:59:12 PM »

Based on the trailer I saw, they seem to have added some sort of plot twist about Peter Parker's past . . . something about his parents before Peter moved in with Uncle Ben and Aunt May . . . like a conspiracy theory subplot.  I'm not feeling good about this. 
I haven't heard what direction they're taking there.  Based off what I remember of the comics, I know they at one point were in the C.I.A. and had dealings with Nick Fury and The Red Skull.  But I highly doubt they're gonna attempt to tie this new film in with the continuity of the Avengers flicks that've been coming out recently.

Who knows.  I do like that The Lizard's in it.  And they're having a chance to deal with Gwen Stacy a bit more. 

I read that they're looking to do at least a trilogy with these actors.  An intersting tidbit I read: Nels Van Adder is a character in the film.  From Wikipedia:

"It was revealed that soon after Norman Osborne had Stromm arrested for embezzlement, he had found only a portion of the notes detailing his partner's serum. Norman tests the incomplete version of the serum on an Oscorp employee named Nels Van Adder, driving Van Adder slowly insane and beginning his transformation into a red, demon-like being known as the "Proto-Goblin". Killing several people and blaming Norman for what has happened to him, Adder proceeds to harass and later attempts to kill him before being knocked out a window in Oscorp by Arthur and George Stacy and fleeing into the wild. In order to escape conviction for what he had done to Van Adder, Norman convinces the police that Van Adder had been experimenting on himself, and that he had secretly been trying to help him. Van Adder's current fate remains unrevealed.[1]

As well as endowing Adder with super strength and agility, the Goblin Serum also gave him large claws, talons, fangs, glowing green eyes, and near impenetrable skin (capable of withstanding several close range bullet shots)."

Now, I don't know why Adder's in the movie and Norm Osborne isn't, but whatever.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2011, 11:03:29 PM »

They need to stop making sequels to these movies, and make only one.

yeah no.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2011, 11:25:54 PM »

I look at it like this: James Bond continues on. 

I don't particularly mind if they keep putting new actors in the films as the heroes/villains.  I just don't feel they need to 're-boot' it when they do it.  Even people who AREN'T fans of Batman/Spider-Man/Iron Man etc., have an overlying knowledge of the origin.  It's pop-culture. 

Just keep the films ongoing, regardless.  Particularly since, frankly, most of your money is gonna be made from hardcore fans and children. 

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2011, 01:35:58 AM »

Sure it's too soon for them to be rebooting but they know it's a surefire cash cow for them so they'll do it regardless. Honestly I'm tired of origin stories told and retold...just tell new stories with the characters...with Spider-Man, everybody already knows his origin anyways except for the youngest of the youngest perhaps...

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2011, 08:18:18 AM »

I'm telling you, the day is coming when a movie AND it's reboot will be overlapping each other in their theatre run. AND IN 3D!

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2011, 09:47:48 AM »

Its all started turning stale I think.

I mean SERIOUSLY Rebooting a 9 year old film? Why not just do another franchise or something?

True. I think of how many exciting adaptations of novels, comics or TV shows I've heard about over the years, that just got stuck in development hell for years or fizzled out completely for lack of backing. It is kind of frustrating that Hollywood keeps doing and redoing the same stories over and over again, when there are lots of other properties out there just waiting to be turned into a movie, and many of those have already taken the first steps toward that.

That's what bugs me about sequels and remakes and reboots. There are movies I've been ready to buy a ticket for since I first read the story had been optioned, or someone had been hired to write a screenplay, or a star had even signed on, and there hasn't been another word in the news since.

I don't care if the Spider Man story gets rehashed endlessly, as long as some other stuff gets a green light at the same time. But it doesn't.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Ted C
Bad Movie Lover

Turn Up the Evil!

« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2011, 02:04:31 PM »

I was under the impression that Marvel/Disney had gotten the rights back, so they wanted to redo Spiderman their way. Raimi's interpretation was pretty likeable for two movies, but the third was a real let-down.

"Slugs?  He created slugs? I would have started with lasers, six o'clock, day one!" -- Evil, Time Bandits
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Do we really need THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.