Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:23:53 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Bands/Artists That You Never Really Could Get Into « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Author Topic: Bands/Artists That You Never Really Could Get Into  (Read 42630 times)
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2011, 07:29:19 AM »

More still...

Bruce Springstein
Tom Petty
Bob Dylan
John Cougar Mellancrap
Jethro Tull

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
claws
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2011, 09:59:16 AM »

Lady GaGa

First time I read her name I was like "Seriously? What a Queen rip off."
First time I saw her pic I was like "Hello? This is Cyndi Lauper and Grace Jones blended together. We've been there and done that already."
First time I saw her performing at some MTV show I was like "You got to be kidding me. Madonna did all this and did it much better 20 years ago."
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2011, 10:20:58 AM »

Lady GaGa
First time I saw her pic I was like "Hello? This is Cyndi Lauper and Grace Jones blended together. We've been there and done that already."

Don't forget Dale Bozzio of Missing Persons. I swear the first time I saw a Lady Gaga picture I thought Dale must've had a yard sale and this chick bought all of her old wardrobe.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2011, 11:37:08 AM »

Led Zeppelin is the most drastically overrated group. EVER.
And you, my friend, don't know your ass from your elbow. 
I'm not taking sides but I think this is the kind of thread where everyone should be able to say exactly what they think without fear of being 'flamed' or whatever - besides, music taste is subjective... (personally I think Led Zeppelin are amazing especially Houses Of The Holy)
just saying  Drink Thumbup
Thanks, I think.  But it's AHD.  He's one guy around here that's always pleasant, I even got a chuckle out of it.
I just don't like the Zep. 
Of course you don't like them... but not liking and stating they are "drastically overrated" are not the same thing.   Wink  Your elbow is that bony thing about half way down your arm.  Most people sit on their asses.   Smile

Houses Of The Holy is your least favourite? pah, you don't know your a....oh hang on  Buggedout
There you go, now you got it.  Thumbup Wink

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2011, 11:51:37 AM »

I still dislike em. Still overrated. But I like ya AHD

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2011, 01:05:32 PM »

I'm not a Led Zep fan at all, never been able to get crazy about them. But, and it's a BIG BUT, they are a great band featuring four phenomenal musicians. I can understand someone not liking them due to personal taste but yes, saying they are overrated is a bit much seeing how at their peak nobody around could touch them and the fact is they had a monstrous influence on every rock/metal band that came afterwards. My only gripe is, and maybe a reason why Happy made the comment he did is that, (over here especially) the Zep do get lauded over a bit too much. For instance, Mojo and Classi Rock magazine seem to do full issues sometimes 3 or 4 times a year dedicated to the Zep. How about digging up a band that didn't get the credit they deserved eh?

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2011, 02:04:45 PM »

I'm not a Led Zep fan at all, never been able to get crazy about them. But, and it's a BIG BUT, they are a great band featuring four phenomenal musicians. I can understand someone not liking them due to personal taste but yes, saying they are overrated is a bit much seeing how at their peak nobody around could touch them and the fact is they had a monstrous influence on every rock/metal band that came afterwards. My only gripe is, and maybe a reason why Happy made the comment he did is that, (over here especially) the Zep do get lauded over a bit too much. For instance, Mojo and Classi Rock magazine seem to do full issues sometimes 3 or 4 times a year dedicated to the Zep. How about digging up a band that didn't get the credit they deserved eh?
Who could argue with logic.  I love LED ZEPPELIN and still listen to them sometimes, but there's lots more music to be discovered!!!  Thumbup Smile   

Happy
and I are cool.  I don't care if all his taste is in his mouth.   TeddyR

Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2011, 03:18:49 PM »

Well, I love Zep too, but I do kind of see them as the musical version of Speilberg/Lucas. Their work is great, they left an indelible mark, and they influenced so much that came afterwards. But yes, they do tend to be cannonized to a somewhat annoying level.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2011, 04:34:25 PM »

Anthrax - weird because they were part of the 'big four' of thrash and I always really liked Slayer Metallica and Megadeth (and still do even though I'm not really a metalhead as much as I used to be).

but Anthrax...I must've listened to at least 5 albums and can't even recall how a single tune goes! they never grabbed me tbh

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2011, 07:27:35 PM »

Who could argue with logic.  I love LED ZEPPELIN and still listen to them sometimes, but there's lots more music to be discovered!!!  Thumbup Smile   

Happy
and I are cool.  I don't care if all his taste is in his mouth.   TeddyR
I was kind of trying to get at what Circus said.  I do think they're great musicians overall.  Page is great.  But just, as a unit, they never impressed me really. 

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2011, 09:07:14 PM »

Who could argue with logic.  I love LED ZEPPELIN and still listen to them sometimes, but there's lots more music to be discovered!!!  Thumbup Smile   Happy and I are cool.  I don't care if all his taste is in his mouth.   TeddyR
I was kind of trying to get at what Circus said.  I do think they're great musicians overall.  Page is great.  But just, as a unit, they never impressed me really.  
Don't worry 'bout it poor you.  JIMMY PAGE is great and sloppy; the great musician there as far as I was concerned was JOHN PAUL JONES.  It's always cool to not like; hey DarkSider doesn't like THE BEATLES.
 Snicker... talk 'bout ass from elbow...  Wink  But I still love him.  

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2011, 09:13:57 PM »

MegaDeth- NEVER understood the appeal.  Always felt they could've been better had they not attempted to compete with Metallica over and over again and just do their own thing.

Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2011, 07:23:00 AM »

But I still love him. 

My platonic heart belongs to Doggett. Sorry

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2011, 07:56:06 AM »

Boy...Led Zep got hammered (of the Gods  Wink).
Personally-love Zep.

Bands I never got....
.KANSAS,BOSTON,QUEEN,ELO,REO SPEEDWAGON,RUSH,Bruce Springsteen,the EAGLES,STEELY DAN,EMERSON LAKE AND PALMER,YES,JETHRO TULL,all Death Metal,Grindcore,SLIPKNOT,CANNIBAL CORPSE,GREEN DAY,BON JOVI,POISON,SONIC YOUTH,SUBLIME....

and the usual crap-ya know,boy bands,rap crap,maudlin sappy crap,80's crap like Loverboy,fake punk, country pop crap,emo whiney asses,American Idol claptrap stuff...blahblahblah....

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2011, 08:07:43 AM »

Lady GaGa

First time I read her name I was like "Seriously? What a Queen rip off."
First time I saw her performing at some MTV show I was like "You got to be kidding me. Madonna did all this and did it much better 20 years ago."
Performance wise, yes, she's pays a lot of homage to her heroes like Madonna and Lauper.  Musically, she isn't so bad.  I've seen her with just a performance and a normal outfit, and she's got a decent voice and writes her own songs.  I think more people would like her if it weren't for her outrageous gimmicks and outfits.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Bands/Artists That You Never Really Could Get Into « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.