Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:55:43 PM
712921 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  80's to early 90's horror movies or shows not sure. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 80's to early 90's horror movies or shows not sure.  (Read 4971 times)
R-Gone
New Visitor

« on: August 03, 2011, 07:09:28 AM »

Hello everyone I was looking around and found this site so hopefully someone can answer my questions.

!) I can't remember too much about this because I think I was around 4 or 5 at the time '89-'90 my family didn't have cable or satellite at the time, so it was either a tv movie or a straight to vhs movie. All I can really remember from one is a girl being yelled at by her mother while there are things flying around the girls room attacking everything. By things I mean toys, books, knives (somehow) flying either by psychic power or ghosts seaming to be at the girls command, I do remember the scene being a different color like it was shot in a blue tint and another scene had one those manual merry go rounds that someone on the outside has to push was spinning with no outside help and was filmed in a brownish tint. I could have sworn I've seen it a few times so I'm thinking it's a tv movie of some kind as we didn't rent too many horror movies (my mom couldn't stand them).

2) I have another movie or show I can't remember too much other than there's an old man chopping wood in a field and something causes him to slip and miss the wood so the axe goes into his leg where he bleeds out since no one was around to help him. Although I think this last one may have been a segment from Unsolved mysteries but I cannot be certain.

And to push my luck a third one. All I can remember from this movie (had to be I sure of it) was a group of punk teens (of course no 80's movie could be made without them) with powers of some kind either demonic or psychic (I'm betting on the first) inducting a new guy into their group and at one point pulls his heart out of his chest sees it still beating and it gets put back without so much of a scream of pain just heavy breathing and squirming while it's pulled out, at least that's how I remember it all I do know is the new guy's heart gets pulled out and put back in by hand.

All I know is that this had to be movies either in the 80's or very early 90's. pre 1994 as my memory and stomach for horror improved quite a bit (no more hiding behind couches or running out of the room).
ChocolateChipCharlie
Bad Movie Lover

Oh my my, my Mitchell...

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 01:14:48 PM »

#1 sounds like CARRIE but I'm guessing that's too mainstream to have you stumped...

#2 doesn't ring a bell....

#3 - did a quick IMDB keyword check and found some possibles for you (I haven't seen either of these):

EVILSPEAK - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082346/
THE LAUGHING DEAD - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097718/
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 04:28:53 PM »

the first one may be the silly CATHY'S CURSE (1977)...

Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Skull
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 03:27:28 PM »

My first impression is agreeing more towards ChocolateChipCharlie, since CARRIE has been played on TV more then CATHY'S CURSE although it really depends upon where/when you actually seen this movie.

Although toys floating around in a bedroom seems like something from Poltergeist (which is more mainstream then CARRIE)... And I believe the scene has been copied in other horror stories like Prom Night II (1987)...

Second story does sound something like a tragic Unsolved mysteries 'ghost' story... Assuming this is a ghost story of the old man chopping wood in a field, he misses and hit his leg and bleed to near-death. Although in the 1800's it was assumed that the person was "dead" and its common for a person to passout from the shock of blood loss and they are often buried alive (typically a speedy process because many small towns dont have the chemicals needed to perserve/store "dead" bodies)... therefore the guy ends up becoming a ghost...

3rd could be... Neon Maniacs (1986) or Hellbound (1994)... The scene was made famous by Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom and it's been copied many times over; I could be wrong...

here is a list of *known* "heart ripped out movies"

http://www.imdb.com/keyword/heart-ripped-out/?sort=release_date

:)

R-Gone
New Visitor

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2011, 06:33:42 AM »

Thanks guys, it was Cathy's Curse I saw at least I'm 80% sure just need a time machine to ask my self Smile. Also Skull yeah I'm now pretty sure it was a segment on Unsolved mysteries just wish I had the series on dvd to go looking through (only the ones with Robert Stack, his voice made everything creepier/scarier).

I went through the list on IMDB (thanks for that btw) I may have to call the third one off since my memory from that time isn't too great and also since I was a kid at the time. The memories I do have of it may have been a mixture of nightmare and horror movie, so it may be the best horror movie where its all in my head. I had a lot of those as a kid since I was easily scared, once I got internet access it now takes a lot to scare me BounceGiggle.

Darkesthour
New Visitor

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012, 10:11:12 AM »

The 3rd one has some elements of original The Lost Boys;  Induction of a member, punk kids, etc. Since it might be a mixture of mixed up memories and a dream/nightmare.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  80's to early 90's horror movies or shows not sure. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.