Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:23:39 PM
713370 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Heartbroken and Depressed « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Heartbroken and Depressed  (Read 4020 times)
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2011, 08:16:52 AM »

Thanks, everyone. Your words mean alot, and they do help.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2011, 08:25:38 AM »

Hang in there: things will come right.  Smile

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2011, 09:02:25 AM »

Hey, we're here for you, fella.

Cheers

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2011, 09:19:15 AM »

Yeah, your family is supposed to be a source of stability and comfort, a shelter from the outside world. When it isn't working right, where can you turn?

I'm glad my siblings are all fairly independent, and not likely to start squabbling when my parents go. My parents are sensible enough to have already divided the family heirlooms between us, and for the most part own nothing of value besides money, which can be easily divided. My family are pretty practical in such matters, and will usually agree on the simplest solution. On the other hand, we're also not a terribly close family either. My wife's biggest complaint/joke is that all of our holidays, gatherings and whatnot are organized for maximum efficiency, so preparation is minimal, cleanup is minimal, and everyone can get in and out again as easily as possible after spending a reasonable amount of time together. So family squabbles aren't a problem for us, but I suppose it comes at a price.

I'm just glad I don't have to deal with the situation in my uncle's family. His wife was a strong-willed woman, a genuine matriarch, and the centre of a large extended family of children, grandchildren, and now great-grandchildren. She died a couple of years ago, and things have kind of fallen apart there. It didn't help that within a few months, my uncle entered a relationship with a long-time female friend who had lost her husband. That's pretty common for a widower his age. He's been married most of his life, and he needs somebody. And being over 80, why wait? But my cousins feel betrayed, and since he has some money, and some farmland that has become very valuable, they're worried about her cutting in on their action, the vultures. She has apparently assured them that she has her own money, and doesn't want his, but the last I heard they were trying to get her to sign some kind of a legal document. Sickening. Their dad just wants to be happy.

Anyway, Flick. From my point of view, your immediate family is what's important, your wife and kids. Protect that, even if it means being on the outs with your mom. And if she wants access to her grandkids, she's just going to have to swallow her pride and behave herself.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2011, 02:44:03 PM »

I heard a saying by Issac Assimov-
"Life is like a chess game,except after checkmate,the game continues." (something like that)

And for those that feel they are above everyone else, they must also remember that "after the game is over, the King and the Pawn go back in the same box."

One of my fave sayings (though not directed ay anyone here, btw).

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2011, 04:56:49 PM »

Anyway, Flick. From my point of view, your immediate family is what's important, your wife and kids. Protect that, even if it means being on the outs with your mom. And if she wants access to her grandkids, she's just going to have to swallow her pride and behave herself.

That's the way I see it. It's just painful. I have faith my Mom will figure that out, and I think she already is. I just gotta work on my wife's defenses. If I can do that, everything will turn out okay.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2011, 05:50:36 PM »

Sorry to hear Flick.  I'm kinda in the same boat in some respects.  My sister married a complete douche who apparently was rough with my neice Grace.  Now they have Grace doped up so she can't remember the episode, from what I can tell.  The rest of my family hates my sister's guts to the point that they want nothing to do with her.  I haven't seen her in forever and though we always got along, I hate her husband.  I miss my neice but I won't be able to see her until she moves out.  Only 3 more years hopefully..

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Heartbroken and Depressed « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.