Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:36:31 AM
713331 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  So I'm on the e-cigs... « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: So I'm on the e-cigs...  (Read 11772 times)
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2011, 11:39:41 AM »

Quitting is easy. I've done it a hundred times.

But seriously. I smoked for about 20 years before I finally quit. I tried quitting several times, but one day, about 4 1/2 years ago, I just quit cold turkey and haven't haven't touched a cigarette since. I was planning on starting a family and wanted to be well over smoke before my first child arrived. I don't know if that was the X factor that made it work, or if I was just truly ready to stop for the first time. Whatever the case, I think the vast majority of people are unable to quit smoking unless they are truly ready. No tricks will work unless that true readiness factor is there. That's what I believe, but what do I know. I think that if you are ready to quit, the e-cigs will help.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2011, 08:30:31 AM »

Got my e-cigs yesterday;  I'm kind of amazed at how close to real cigarettes they are.  They taste just slightly sweeter, but other than that you'd barely know you weren't smoking a regular cigarette.  Probably the weirdest thing is that when you have a cigarette, you light it up, smoke it, and when it's gone you're done.  No such thing with these - you could sit there and smoke it for an hour if you wanted.  I've begun looking at the clock and saying I'll smoke for 6 minutes   TeddyR

I can VERY easily see cutting back on my smoking by a good 90%, if not 100% over time.  They just take a bit of getting used to.

Thanks for the tip Rev!   Thumbup

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2011, 12:37:17 PM »

Got my e-cigs yesterday;  I'm kind of amazed at how close to real cigarettes they are.  They taste just slightly sweeter, but other than that you'd barely know you weren't smoking a regular cigarette.  Probably the weirdest thing is that when you have a cigarette, you light it up, smoke it, and when it's gone you're done.  No such thing with these - you could sit there and smoke it for an hour if you wanted.  I've begun looking at the clock and saying I'll smoke for 6 minutes   TeddyR

I can VERY easily see cutting back on my smoking by a good 90%, if not 100% over time.  They just take a bit of getting used to.

Thanks for the tip Rev!   Thumbup

I'm glad you like them.  I was a little nervous because I have no experience with the brand you chose and I've heard of people being disappointed with rip-off vendors.  The industry is still new and unregulated (though that's about to change).

One tip: drink more water than you used to.  E-cigs can dehydrate you. 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2011, 04:33:12 PM »

One tip: drink more water than you used to.  E-cigs can dehydrate you. 

I'm going with Inglenook Crisp White at the moment, and it seems to be working well   Thumbup

- Paulo Coelho
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2011, 05:35:44 PM »

Nice Mark Twain quote.  I've also used it.   Smile

I've been smoking Blackstone cigarillos for years and I need to quit.  So, I'm thinking about buying this e-cigar setup.  It got fairly good reviews.

A regular e-cig won't do because I haven't had a cigarette in over 10 years.  This ought to do the trick nicely.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2011, 07:23:33 PM »

Nice Mark Twain quote.  I've also used it.   Smile

I've been smoking Blackstone cigarillos for years and I need to quit.  So, I'm thinking about buying this e-cigar setup.  It got fairly good reviews.

A regular e-cig won't do because I haven't had a cigarette in over 10 years.  This ought to do the trick nicely.

I still recommend the Riva.  It's not trying to imitate the look of a cigar or cigarette.

One of the most important things, I think, is to find a model that you can get parts from anywhere.  The Riva uses 510 threading, which means it can use any parts that fit a 510 model.  I don't like the places that have proprietary parts so you have to order your replacements and refills from them and them alone.

Actually I think it would be easier to transition from cigars to e-cigs, since you're not used to inhaling.  As a cigar smoker you'll need lots of vapor to satisfy you.  That's a function both of the hardware and the e-liquid you choose.

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2011, 09:54:25 AM »

Been using the e-cigs for a couple weeks now.  I'd say it's reduced my real cigarette smoking by a good 50% - would have been more like 75% or more if I hadn't run out of the refills for a few days.  Free shipping from Green Smoke is sloooooowwwww.

I like the taste a lot better than real cig's, especially since I got the Red Label Strong flavor.  They're so convenient too - just stick one in your pocket, no lighting, no ashtray, no putting it out.  The only real "shortcoming" is all in my mind I think.  It's a slightly different experience than a regular cigarette, though once I get more and more used to them I think that may pass.  One thing I do miss:  when you have a real cigarette, you light it up, smoke it, put it out, and then my little break is over with.  You don't get that with an e-cig, you could smoke it all afternoon if you wanted.   TeddyR

I'm also really impressed by how long the refill cartridges last.  I though I'd be going through two a day, but one seems to last about 1 1/2 days.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 10:04:25 AM by Jack » Logged

- Paulo Coelho
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2011, 11:01:18 AM »

Glad you like them Jack.  With dozens of different models and the technology still changing weekly, everyone's experience is different.  For me, I only had one cigarette yesterday.  I can't seem to give up that first one of the morning with my cup of coffee, but if I only smoked one a day I would be happy.

The bad news is taxes are coming on them soon... there's a bill proposing taxing them at the same rate as cigarettes.  We'll see what happens to that particular bill, but regardless sin taxes are coming in some form or the other.

Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2011, 11:16:55 AM »

The bad news is taxes are coming on them soon... there's a bill proposing taxing them at the same rate as cigarettes.  We'll see what happens to that particular bill, but regardless sin taxes are coming in some form or the other.

That's because the government wants to appear as though they genuinely do care about the nation's health (like over here) by green-lighting these e-cigs, but they really want you to keep smoking (tobacco industry makes billions) so e-cigs will probably end up costing more than normal cigarettes eventually. I find it to be the same ploy in regards to food. There's government initiatives spending lots of (taxpayers) money to promote healthy eating in the country, but the healthy food is much more expensive than the high fat/sugar stuff. If they really cared they would up the prices on unhealthy products (people would still buy it though, as they are addictive) and lower prices on healthy foods.

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2011, 05:05:11 PM »

Glad you like them Jack.  With dozens of different models and the technology still changing weekly, everyone's experience is different.  For me, I only had one cigarette yesterday.  I can't seem to give up that first one of the morning with my cup of coffee, but if I only smoked one a day I would be happy.

Yeah I always need a couple real ones in the morning - that's just too darned early to be severing ties with my old friend TeddyR  I'd like to get to about 5 a day and then maybe whittle it down a bit from there.  I really like them when drinking beer;  the sweet taste makes a nice contrast to the hops.

- Paulo Coelho
EstherBlodgett
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2011, 12:52:15 PM »

We sell those things where I work, and I have never sold them to the same person twice.
Also, folks are always asking me if they work and, since I don't smoke, I merely tell them we
sell a lot of them. Do they work ?
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2011, 01:02:59 PM »

We sell those things where I work, and I have never sold them to the same person twice.
Also, folks are always asking me if they work and, since I don't smoke, I merely tell them we
sell a lot of them. Do they work ?

The ones you sell don't work.   Wink

I bought one of those kits they sell at the store in an emergency and it was awful.  This is the only product I know of where the ones that are sold in retail outlets are the lowest quality items available.  All of the decent models, and there are many different ones, have to be ordered off the Internet.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2012, 12:26:02 PM »

Just an update--I've finally whittled myself down to just one "real" cigarette a day.  Haven't gotten rid of the morning one with coffee yet.  However, when this pack runs out I'm going to try 0 cigs/day.

I really think this is an amazing invention.  I wish it had been around decades ago when I first started smoking.

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2012, 12:56:50 PM »

Just an update--I've finally whittled myself down to just one "real" cigarette a day.  Haven't gotten rid of the morning one with coffee yet.  However, when this pack runs out I'm going to try 0 cigs/day.

good luck  Thumbup

I quit cold turkey in 2006 and it was one of the hardest things I ever did

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2012, 01:27:10 PM »

All the luck in the world....as a former smoker I readily encourage those who wish to quit. Wink

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  So I'm on the e-cigs... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.