Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:08:24 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Games  |  CONTEST! B-Movie LP's to Give Away! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CONTEST! B-Movie LP's to Give Away!  (Read 14166 times)
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« on: August 20, 2011, 01:52:00 AM »

I'm selling these fine leather jackets...

So I came across these LP's through the Friends of the Library. There are two soundtracks to fairly obscure b-movies, one not so obscure, and a 1984 adaptation thrown in for good measure.

I'm giving them away! In a contest!

OFFICIAL RULES:

The rules are very simple. Tell me, in this thread, the reason you deserve to have these LP's mailed to you. The contest starts today and ends Sunday 8/28/11. After that date I will decide who is most deserving of receiving these fine leather jackets LP's.

My judgement is entirely subjective, and I will most likely award them to the person's response is the most funny/inspirational/tragic. In crafting your response, I encourage you all to lie if you think that is what will win you the records. Enter more than once, if you must.

After I announce the winner, I will PM them so they may provide me with their mailing address. The LP's will be sent off in the cheapest method that will keep the LP's unharmed.

One stipulation, I would like these to go to somebody who actually wants them. It would be disappointing to me for them to immediately go up on eBay. So if you have a record player, and would like these items, please respond.

So... good luck! (If nobody enters, you can be the one person to respond and have a 100% chance of winning! Imagine the accolades!)

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2011, 06:34:46 AM »

Is this for all of them, or can we just compete for individual ones? If so:

I need want the Terror Vision OST LP because the film isn't on DVD, so it's the closest I can get to having the film and basking in some nostalgia. I haven't seen Terror Vision in about 15 years. The movie also features a young, hot, 80s Diane Franklin who I have dirty thoughts about quite often and it has W.A.S.P. in it! Anyone who knows anything even remotely about me, knows that I am a massive W.A.S.P. fan (I have their band logo tattooed on me for crying out loud!!). I know they are not on the soundtrack but it's still in some way band memorabilia isn't it??

Plus, I never win anything. The only thing I have ever won in my life is a competition in some lame UK magazine about UFO's. I answered some question, got my name pulled out of some hat and I got sent a mask from Bram Stoker's Dracula (which got stolen years later) and a letter from Uri Geller.  Lookingup
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 10:40:35 PM by Circus Circus » Logged

Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2011, 07:36:48 PM »

Is this for all of them, or can we just compete for individual ones? If so:

It's all or nothing, but you're the only person who's entered so far, so your chances are looking pretty good.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2011, 07:42:47 PM »

Circus gets my vote, that boy loves his vintage pop culture.  Thumbup  I love the cover of "Creepers" though.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2011, 10:27:20 AM »

I'd enter if I had a record player.   Bluesad 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2011, 11:56:25 AM »

So far Circus Circus has crafted a pretty compelling case for winning these LP's by being the only entrant (and having another vote in his name!). That's going to make it pretty easy to choose the winner.

However, the contest is still open until Sunday. If anybody else would like a crack at these, be sure to leave your response before that date.

JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2011, 12:09:47 PM »

I'd be interested except I don't own a record player either. Circus as our resident 80s expert probably deserves these the most though so I hope he gets 'em.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
dean

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2011, 05:40:12 AM »

Anti-establishment! Down with Circus! Give it to someone else and buck convention, be the rebel we all know you are Mofo!

[J/K]

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2011, 02:56:21 AM »

Last day to enter my thinly veiled "contest" to give away some cool LP's I found.

If you think you can surpass Circus Circus, the only entrant, go right ahead. You probably won't win, since Circus Circus has garnered the votes of everybody else on the board. But hope springs eternal.

Chainsawmidget
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2011, 10:55:03 AM »

Why should I win them? 

Because I'm awesome and ... stuff.

I don't have a record player, so even if I win them, I won't actually have any real use for them, but then again, I never win anything anyway, so hey.  Why not?

And THAT is why I deserve to win. Kinda. Maybe. 
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2011, 04:59:12 AM »

That's it, folks!

The LP's go to Circus Circus, who should win solely for the fact of his W.A.S.P. tattoo and his love of Diane Franklin, who is cute as a button.

Also, I find it fantastic that several of you voted for Circus on his behalf.

Anyway, Circus Circus, I have sent you a PM, and these records will be on their way soon.

Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2011, 06:23:15 AM »

LPs & DVD arrived today. Thanks Mofo!  Thumbup TeddyR

Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2011, 01:55:04 PM »

LPs & DVD arrived today. Thanks Mofo!  Thumbup TeddyR

Great! Hope you enjoy them!

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Games  |  CONTEST! B-Movie LP's to Give Away! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.