Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:18:17 PM
714242 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Famous / infamous people from your high school days? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Famous / infamous people from your high school days?  (Read 5485 times)
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« on: August 24, 2011, 02:33:58 AM »

Aside from myself  TongueOut the most famous / infamous person from my home town high school was this dude:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ian_Smith

He was the Prime Minister of what was then Rhodesia and while at Chaplin High School in the 1930's was head boy.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 05:18:25 AM »

Charley Maxwell. He was a great Detroit Tiger from 1956-1960.
I dated his grandaughter when I was in Middle school!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Maxwell#Career_overview

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 06:21:01 AM »

There was a guy I went to elementary school with who, years later, got busted for selling cocaine.  When he was out on bail awaiting trial, he again got busted for selling cocaine.  Yeah, we haven't seen much of him for quite a few years now.   BounceGiggle

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
claws
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 07:23:21 AM »

None at our school.
I know somebody who went to school with Jennifer Lopez and her sister, Lynda Lopez. I was told when Jennifer won the audition for "In Living Color" she couldn't contain her excitement and ran screaming and jumping through the halls of her high school, annoying everyone  TeddyR
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011, 07:51:16 AM »

I forgot about this guy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Elworthy

He taught me cricket at Chaplin ~ he wasn't a teacher there, but a scholar senior to me. Both he and his older brother Glenn were marvelous cricketers.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2011, 05:11:27 PM »

I grew up in Paramus, New Jersey, not a big town for celebrities but there were a few...

I went to high school with Steve Brown, the guitarist of Trixter (late 80s hair metal band). He sat next to me in homeroom, we used to chat about Van Halen, Def Leppard, and Stryper a lot.  TeddyR

He was a nice guy, never thought the band was that great but when they had their brief one-hit wonder bout of popularity a year or two after graduation, I was happy for'em cuz they were hometown boys and Steve was a cool dude..

Actress Stacey Dash of "Clueless" fame also graduated from my high school, she was a year ahead of me.

Nice lookin' gal but she was very unpleasant to be around... thankfully the only contact I had with her was in an art class, cuz she was a snobby, airhead uber-b*tch.  Of course, a couple of years later I saw her in "Clueless" and she was playing... a snobby, airhead uber-b*tch. I sez "Wow, art imitates life." Haha.

A year or two after she got famous she dissed our town in an interview in a magazine somewhere. I forget her exact words but it was something to the effect of how it was such a shame that we were located so close to Manhattan and all of its wonders, yet everyone who lived there was a yokel who'd rather hang out at the Mall. Well, excuuuuuuuse us, Princess.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2011, 05:33:16 PM »

Not me, but my wife is from Warren, Michigan, just north of the infamous 8 Mile Road. She went to high school with Eminem. Same graduating class. She didn't know him very well, but showed me his yearbook picture. He was very dorky-looking in high school.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2011, 08:23:29 PM »

Carlos Boozer went to the same high school I did, two or three years behind me. I didn't know him, but I remember seeing him in the halls.

Funny thing is, most people don't believe me when I tell them that. I don't watch or care about any sports, so for me to make up going to school with a sports star is pretty unlikely.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2011, 09:47:23 PM »

Being from a small Ontario town, any celebrities I can think of who attended my high school were NHL players. The most famous would probably be hall of famer Darryl Sittler, who was before my time. He would have been out of high school and playing pro hockey before I was born, although just barely.

Malcolm Gladwell, the New Yorker journalist, business guru and bestselling author of pop sociology, was a few years ahead of me. I believe he was in the same grade as one of my brothers. I know his family, and his mom is a good friend of my mom. Funny, the guy has been recognized by Time Magazine as one of the most influential people in the world, he just got the Order of Canada, but what impressed me most was when he was referenced in a Rifftrax. My God, he must really be famous. TeddyR

Now, of those who were actually at the school when I was there, I have mentioned Shayne Wyler, who I do remember, although he was a year behind me. Not really famous, but he has played some small parts in big movies. Around here, he'd be remembered from Thirteen Ghosts.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2011, 11:30:10 AM »

Not that famous himself, but Beau Biden---Delaware Attorney General and son of current vice president Joe Biden---was a year or two behind me in high school.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2011, 02:18:22 PM »

I went to high school with Steve Brown, the guitarist of Trixter (late 80s hair metal band). He sat next to me in homeroom, we used to chat about Van Halen, Def Leppard, and Stryper a lot.  TeddyR

He was a nice guy, never thought the band was that great but when they had their brief one-hit wonder bout of popularity a year or two after graduation, I was happy for'em cuz they were hometown boys and Steve was a cool dude..

As far as I'm aware, Trixter still tour and play gigs from time to time. I've never been into them though, as they seemed to be the poppiest of all the hair/pop-metal bands.

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2011, 03:18:59 PM »

As far as I'm aware, Trixter still tour and play gigs from time to time. I've never been into them though, as they seemed to be the poppiest of all the hair/pop-metal bands.

Yeah, they get back together every once in a while for reunion gigs around the area and occasional festivals like the "Rocklahoma" retro-rock gatherings. They all have stuff going on the side as well. P.J. (bassist) had a regular gig as Lita Ford's bass player, last I heard. The drummer owns a restaurant not far from me in Upstate New York. Steve supposedly does a lot of music for TV commercials, produces other artists, etc.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2011, 04:50:47 PM »

Ye-es!

I went to school with Mason Dixon from "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes." Or, I should say I went to school with the actor who portrayed him David Miller.  He was so into politics, when he was in school, I do not think there was one person, including myself, who went to school with him, thought he'd turn to acting. Actually, he had a fairly successful career as an actor from his motion picture debut in "The Boss' Son" in 1978 to the title role in "Speak of the Devil" in 1991.
odinn7

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2011, 07:05:30 PM »

In middle school, I think it was 6th and 7th grade in fact, I went to school with Chris Caffery who is in the band Savatage and Trans Siberian Orchestra. It was funny, at that age, everyone always has such outlandish ideas of what they are going to be when they "grow up". He always said he was going to be a rock star and everyone always figured "yeah, right"...He lived for rock, he really did. He was a nice kid though and pretty smart too.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2011, 07:59:14 AM »

Billy Bob Thornton would have to be the most famous.  We had some friends in common, but I never hung out with him.  He was really sorta dorky. The one encounter I do remember I having  with him I believe he thought I was gonna hit him.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Famous / infamous people from your high school days? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.