Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 12:17:27 PM
714158 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  If you could remake a movie; what would it be and how would you change it? « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: If you could remake a movie; what would it be and how would you change it?  (Read 8982 times)
Vik
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2011, 12:24:43 PM »

Creature from The Black Lagoon. One of my favourite classic monster flicks. Seen it many times  Thumbup

How would you change it?
Oh, right. For one I would improve the main characters, they were pretty generic. Add some interesting twists to them. I would keep the Captain, though, he was awesome. I'd also add some changes the monster, still keep it humanoid, though, but make it less obvious that it's a dude in a costume.

Also, THRILLER: A Cruel Picture. Didn't like it all, which was surprising. I felt it had a lot of potential, however. One-eye could have been awesome, and the lame slow-motion action scenes I would redo as well.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 12:30:38 PM by Pillow » Logged
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2011, 08:16:19 AM »

OK, I have another one.

The Gates of Hell.  There is one scene I would remake.  This is the end of the movie I think is dumb.  The kid running and the woman screaming is unfulfiling.  I would change it to show the kid running and the woman scream and the undead coming out of the ground to grab the kid.  And/or the priest would come back and make people vomit their intestines.

Later,

John

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2011, 08:19:47 AM »

I think that I found an alternate ending.

Small | Large

I can't make out the end but I think that the dead came back.

Maybe I won't have to spend money on a script and film editing :)

Later,

John

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2011, 09:45:16 AM »

THE GIANT CLAW.
It starts over china, and the whole cast is Chinese, with effects by Weta.
Seriously, consider how many films would be so different if the monster was the same, but the location differed. Like Reptilicus in Alaska, or Gorgo in Africa.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
SaintMort
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2011, 10:35:46 AM »

Creature from The Black Lagoon. One of my favourite classic monster flicks. Seen it many times  Thumbup

How would you change it?

Oh, right. For one I would improve the main characters, they were pretty generic. Add some interesting twists to them. I would keep the Captain, though, he was awesome. I'd also add some changes the monster, still keep it humanoid, though, but make it less obvious that it's a dude in a costume.

Also, THRILLER: A Cruel Picture. Didn't like it all, which was surprising. I felt it had a lot of potential, however. One-eye could have been awesome, and the lame slow-motion action scenes I would redo as well.

I always wanted to see a Creature remake with Stan Winston's creature from Monster Squad

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2011, 10:38:14 AM »

The Last Action Hero. I'd film the early draft of the script, before it was "doctored" and lightened up. I've read that it was more satirical and not so sentimental. Much darker too. For example, the projectionist who supplies the magic ticket turns out to be the devil in disguise. Basically, it had more of what was great about the movie, and less of what made it suck.

Actually, that would be a great way to remake any movie that fell victim to script tampering.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
voltron
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2011, 03:38:17 PM »

I'd like to remake the Black Xmas remake.  TeddyR Shot on video. Original cast. Bob Clarke directing. None of that pointless exposition BS that plagued the remake.

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
66Crush
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2011, 06:00:46 PM »

I'd like to have a crack a "Zombie Nightmare," but I bet Jon Mikl Thor owns the rights. That guy is so delusional, he probably wouldn't let anyone tamper with his "masterpiece." I think it's a decent idea, that could be made better. As a matter of fact I think that the scene where the kids run over Tony was the inspiration for the opening of "I Know What You Did Last Summer."
The Gravekeeper
addicted to the macabre
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2011, 08:10:48 PM »

"House of the Dead." I just watched that forgettable stinker, and I would overhaul the script completely so it uses the basic premise of the first game. A fair bit of artistic license for character development, of course, but sticking to the basic premise, setting, and characters.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  If you could remake a movie; what would it be and how would you change it? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.