Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:23:19 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  All This and World War II « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: All This and World War II  (Read 1761 times)
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« on: August 25, 2011, 06:20:47 PM »

This might be among the hardest bad movies to find.

I was looking up the Wikipedia article for the ghastly 1978 film Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band, one of the worst musical movies of all time. The article referred me to All This and World War II, a musical documentary released in 1976 that placed covered versions of Beatles songs over footage of World War II, done in attempted story-telling fashion. The write-up suggests that this film is virtually intolerable to watch, yet, just the fact that it exists and is virtually impossible to find except in bootleg form makes me want to see it. But I would probably regret the experience.

Upon release, this film was supposedly ravaged so severely by critics and ignored by theatre-goers that it was pulled within two weeks and put into storage. The film has never been released on either VHS or DVD. The film was shown once since it’s original release at a midnight showing at the Nuart Theatre in Los Angeles in 2007.

This film appears to be so bad that it couldn’t even generate the smallest of cult followings, at least none that I’ve heard of.

For some reason I’m fascinated by this title. Has anybody else seen or heard of this?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 06:32:40 PM by Flick James » Logged

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Jim H

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 06:54:53 PM »

I'd never heard of it, but it sounds fascinating in a horrible kind of way.  I won't get into details, but I will say there ARE bootlegs of it floating around out there. 
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 07:45:53 PM »

What would enter someone's head that would possibly make them think this movie would be a good idea???? Question

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 07:53:06 PM »

What would enter someone's head that would possibly make them think this movie would be a good idea???? Question

Oh, I'm sure plenty of people thought it was a good idea at the time. You should some of the artists who were involved with the covers: Ambrosia, Elton John, Leo Sayer, Rod Stewart, Tina Turner, Helen Reddy, to name but a few. I'm sure it's an atrocity.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Raffine

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2011, 04:06:25 PM »

I think there actually was talk a few years ago about releasing this on DVD. I imagine getting the rights for the music would be a nightmare. I'm pretty sure it's available on some of the grayer sites.

You can buy a used copy of the soundtrack on Amazon for only 150 bucks!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 04:09:05 PM by Raffine » Logged

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
akiratubo

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2011, 04:14:17 PM »

Small | Large

Bits and pieces seem to be available on youtube.  This part, at least, is strangely hypnotic, although I imagine it would become tiresome extremely quickly.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 04:16:41 PM by akiratubo » Logged

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2011, 05:47:46 PM »

That is positively surreal. Now I really want to get my hands on a copy.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  All This and World War II « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.