Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:41:59 PM
714227 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Virginity « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Virginity  (Read 10540 times)
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2011, 06:53:27 PM »

Aside from some mild experimentation as a teen, I didn't really lose mine until I was in my 30s either.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
WildHoosier09
I'm the one who looks like he can use a keyboard
Bad Movie Lover

I've got to find out what causes this and put a st

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2011, 07:41:37 PM »

mine disapeared in college. Kept my virginity through highschool but not due to any lack of trying (well, that is if you use a very narrow definition of sex. In this case Bill Clinton's definition of sex. Yes, I made a Clinton joke, Yes, I'm aware it is 2011, yes I am that anachronistic, and yes, you may have to wikipedia up "anachronistic" to find out what it means) but the allure of the simple dorm room, the roommate out for the weekend, the beautiful college girl and the fact that at the time it didn't seem like we would survive to see the end of 2002 as Al Quaeda was only moments away from killing us all with posionous gas/anthrax/nuke won out and she fell for the old "looks like we're all going to die, might as well die happy" line.  Afterwards however I was very scared she would get pregnant and wished I hadn't been with her that way.

In hindsight I was not prepared even at college age and no way is a highschooler prepared. Primarily because sex can always potentially lead to children you should only get involved with it if you're prepared to deal with that.

By the way, that beautiful college girl who took my virginity (and I mutually took hers) is now my wife and we've only ever been with eachother and as those familiar with my postings have seen we've had 2 kids now.  We still enjoy a good national/international disaster though. I guess since its how we met that there's something about a broadcaster screaming on the TV "Oh the humanity, the cloudfront of evil is sweeping across the planet we're all going to die" gets us in the mood.

The only difference between zombies and toddlers is one is cuter than the other.
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2011, 10:36:41 AM »

18 when I was in college.

Cheers

Ah, I remember it well...

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Vik
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2011, 11:07:43 AM »

17. It was pretty awkward.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2011, 12:51:52 PM »

The first time I had sex, I was 11 years old.  The first time I had sex with another person, I was 16.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2011, 12:52:24 PM »

Flick, as always, makes a good point.  My Great-great-grandmother married at 16 to a 30 year old, a union what would have landed him in jail today.  We do mature more slowly today, even though our old biological clocks do their best to make us think we'll explode if we don't lose it at 16.  But we are also living longer.  In the 1840's, when my g-g-g's got married, the average life expectancy for men and women was well under 50 (Great-great grandad Jim beat that too, living to be in his 90's and surviving the Texas Revolution, the Mexican War, and the Civil War intact!).  But that meant it was all the more important to have children at a younger age.  Now we try to give our offspring an actual childhood to grow up in, but their bodies are sending a different message!

I appreciate all the honesty on this thread!

I don't think you took my post as any form of disrespect, as you usually don't, but, in referring to AHD's post, I respect your decision as well. I was in no itching hurry to lose mine either. I was 19, and just didn't feel comfortable with it before that, even though my high school was pretty much Fast Times at Ridgemont High. As you know, I was also in the Navy, and my biggest problem was all the cheating I saw. I never cheated no matter how long I was separated from my wife, yet I would see adultery happening all around me, sometimes by people who claimed to be highly moral. The worst I ever did was go to a strip club in Crete once.

My point is not that kids shouldn't be encouraged to wait, as they certainly should. My point was that it cannot be overlooked that the combination of nature and social norms is not the same as it was for us, and I would venture to say it may be more difficult for  kids to make the right choices. But I don't know that for sure.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2011, 11:17:14 PM »

Well said, as always.  And not much there I can disagree with, to be honest.  It just seems that teen promiscuity and pregnancy are about the surest paths to a life below the poverty line there is, with the possible exception of drug addiction.  Life can be so much better if we just learn to master our passions rather than be mastered by them . . .

BTW, Flick, I always enjoy our discussions.  Especially when we disagree! TeddyR

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2011, 12:58:07 AM »

The first time I had sex, I was 11 years old.  The first time I had sex with another person, I was 16.

And the family dog was never the same.  BounceGiggle

J/K. I'm about the same as you, lost the big V when I was 16.

To be honest, I'm glad I did. The girl I was with, I probably would have married but it didn't work largely because we weren't really compatible in the sex department. We were together for a year or so after I graduated highschool, but in the end it didn't work. Had we waited, we likely would have married before we figured out that it wasn't going to work.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2011, 04:23:41 AM »

I was 23.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2011, 07:19:15 AM »

Early 20s, I didn't get much action in high school of any female variety.  Meh, its ok...probably would have been awful at it anyhow at that age. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2011, 11:05:31 AM »

Early 20s, I didn't get much action in high school of any female variety.  Meh, its ok...probably would have been awful at it anyhow at that age. 

LOL, same here.  The habit I had of chasing after girls who - say it with me now - "Just want to be friends" kind of eliminated any chance of that.  [sarcasm]Oh but I had some wonderful friendships[/sarcasm]

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2011, 11:06:58 AM »

LOL, same here.  The habit I had of chasing after girls who - say it with me now - "Just want to be friends" kind of eliminated any chance of that.  [sarcasm]Oh but I had some wonderful friendships[/sarcasm]
Yep, or they just couldn't handle our manliness.  Shame for them, it would have been the best two minutes of their lives.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
claws
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2011, 11:14:06 AM »

I was 15 and we didn't use any kind of protection. So stupid but thank god no consequences either.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2011, 11:20:15 AM »

Yep, or they just couldn't handle our manliness.  Shame for them, it would have been the best two minutes of their lives.

Two minutes? Quit your bragging!

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2011, 02:58:03 PM »

Two minutes? Quit your bragging!

I'm a 50 second man myself.

Cheers
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 03:07:43 PM by Doggett » Logged

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Virginity « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.