Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 03:01:19 PM
714160 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Most Embarassing Song on Your Playlist... « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Most Embarassing Song on Your Playlist...  (Read 10998 times)
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« on: August 28, 2011, 03:20:01 AM »

...that you listen to regularly.

Like any good hipster, I care about the music I listen to. I buy the latest Radiohead albums and look forward to whatever the Fleet Foxes are making. I know, I'm not proud.

However, I'll listen to anything I like to listen to. Which brings me to this:

Small | Large

Avril Lavigne is dumb as a box of rocks, and sort of emblematic of everything that is bad about the music industry. I vividly remember her mispronouncing David Bowie's name at a Grammy annunciation ceremony. (Bowie does not rhyme with Howie.) But I like that song, and I listen to it.

My other guilty pleasure is Lil' Kim's "How Many Licks?" I have exactly no reason to be listening to stuff like this, but I enjoy it anyway.

So what pops up on your playlist you're too shy to share with others? Maybe you've got an REO Speedwagon CD hidden behind your toilet, or a copy of Men Without Hat's "Safety Dance." Don't be afeared, we won't make fun of you... too much.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
claws
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, 03:33:43 AM »

I own several CDs of Debbie Gibson and Tiffany. Bought them back in the day when I was still young and dumb.

I also own several CDs of Creed, Nickelback, Limp Bizkit and Insane Clown Posse. Wasn't sure where I was heading with music in the 90s and 2000s but looking back I must say they are more embarrassing than Debbie & Tiffany. At least these two have 80s cheese appeal going for them.
Sleepyskull

Well,well,well...

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 05:51:39 AM »

I have a greatest hits collection CD by Tom Jones. I really enjoy it, but he's definitely cheesy. Other people always groan when I play him at work. Although, that can (sometimes) make it more enjoyable...

I have 6 downloads from the Pat Boone metal album.

A greatest hits collection CD of Will Smith...  Lookingup

CD: Welcome to the Pleasuredome - Frankie Goes to Hollywood

CD: Pokemon the First Movie: Music from and inspired by the motion picture - Various Artists (Only because of the theme song...I do hail from the 90s after all...)

Humanity takes itself too seriously. It is the world`s original sin. - Oscar Wilde
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 06:25:32 AM »

Ladies & Gentlemen I give you, Michael Bolton...

Small | Large

I own quite a few of his albums.

I also like this song, even though I shouldn't:

Small | Large

Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2011, 07:41:22 AM »

I cannot answer this question because I am not embarrassed by any of the songs I enjoy. I proudly sing along with Pat Boone's In a Metal Mood (I own the cd), as well as Barry Manilow's box set, Annette Funicello's box set, Fred Schneider's cd (which is admittedly pretty bad, but still kinda fun), and many others that have been known to send some lesser mortals into ear-covering-la-la-la-I-can't-hear-you frenzies.

Small | Large

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2011, 10:55:56 AM »

"Dance in The Dark" by Lady Gaga.  However, I do openly admit to being a big fan of hers, but considering it shows up amongst like, my rap and heavy metal and punk collection, eh.
Small | Large

Small | Large

Small | Large

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2011, 02:51:16 PM »

I have a greatest hits collection CD by Tom Jones. I really enjoy it, but he's definitely cheesy.

Tom Jones is great.  No need for embarrassment here!

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2011, 02:55:05 PM »

I have plenty . . . here are some examples:

Small | Large

Small | Large

Small | Large

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2011, 06:43:06 PM »

Small | Large

yeah no.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2011, 07:01:24 PM »

I own several CDs of Debbie Gibson and Tiffany. Bought them back in the day when I was still young and dumb.

I also own several CDs of Creed, Nickelback, Limp Bizkit and Insane Clown Posse. Wasn't sure where I was heading with music in the 90s and 2000s but looking back I must say they are more embarrassing than Debbie & Tiffany. At least these two have 80s cheese appeal going for them.

Yeah, I had some ICP as well, and don't know what I was thinking either. I also had Everlast's Whitey Ford Sings the Blues around the same time. I can't stand either of them now. I think I was going through a rebellion against rock and roll because I wasn't liking what was going on with it at the time. Fortunately I found my way back.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2011, 07:48:34 PM »

Anything by these guys: Insane Clown Posse.  I was young. 
Small | Large

Small | Large

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2011, 07:49:36 PM »

Funny how tastes differ.  IMO this is the least embarrassing song in the thread.  Kinda wish I still had a copy of it.  

"You got the nicest North America this sailor ever saw/I'd like to feel your warm Brazil and touch your Panama..."  BounceGiggle

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2011, 07:55:36 PM »

Avril Lavigne is dumb as a box of rocks, and sort of emblematic of everything that is bad about the music industry.

lol, kind of agree. check out the most cringetastic interview I've ever seen, she has *no* sense of humour
Small | Large

My other guilty pleasure is Lil' Kim's "How Many Licks?" I have exactly no reason to be listening to stuff like this, but I enjoy it anyway.

I own Lil Kim's first album Hardcore. I wouldn't want any of her others but that one's a bit of a guilty pleasure. at least it was made back in 1996 when hip hop was still good... also Foxy Brown's first album from the same year

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2011, 10:49:37 PM »

I also own some ICP which yeah is probably also the most embarrassing music I own. Still if you just feel angry and royally p**sed off, they can be just what you're looking for. I also owned some TLC, Bell Biv Devoe and other mainstream rap stuff in the past I'm now embarrassed to say.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2011, 12:16:19 AM »

Bel Biv DeVoe is not embarrassing at all Jase.

Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Most Embarassing Song on Your Playlist... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.