Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 09:01:14 PM
714321 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Sad Fact about me « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Sad Fact about me  (Read 15083 times)
Olivia Bauer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2011, 05:07:25 PM »

I wish I lived back in the 80's.

Oh no! Another Circus!  What do you guys see in the 80s?

The clothes, the music, the movies, the hair...

I wanna be in the 80's too!

TeddyR

I could do without the hair.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2011, 06:58:08 PM »

TeddyR

The 80's?...when whas that?...It's all a drunken coke smeared blur...

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2011, 07:17:56 PM »

TeddyR

Now I REALLY want to live in the 80's!

Archivist

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2011, 02:14:21 AM »

I was a teenager in the 80's, so I guess that means I 'grew up' then.  Yes, 21 Jumpstreet was all the rage, we listened to groups like Wham or Dead Or Alive, and in the late 80's there was the blissful mainstream popularity of heavy metal, like Poison, Whitesnake, Motley Crue and Metallica.  Heavy metal was killed by grunge like Nirvana right in 1990, but also eclipsed by techno and house music.

What amazes me is to see people talk nostagically about the 90's!  If you look up songs on Youtube that were popular in the 90's there are almost always comments like, 'omg i miss the 90's!  gr8 times!!!'  It really brings home to me the fact that there's a whole new generation out there, for whom Terminator 2 came out when they were 5, for whom Bruce Willis is an old fogey, and who don't know that Harrison Ford was once young, in Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Patrick Stewart, however, has always been old.  He was bald when he came out and it never stopped.  Kind of like James Hong.  Was that man EVER not an old dude?

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
claws
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2011, 07:54:51 AM »

I grew up in the 80s and yeah, I kind of miss it. Not the fashion though  TeddyR I never dressed wild except for that one time I went to a Prince concert.
The 80s gave us the best in movies and music and I was there enjoying the hell out of it  Thumbup
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2011, 09:36:20 AM »

Me too.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Hammock Rider

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2011, 02:08:30 PM »

The 80's weren't all cakes and ale my friend. Had you been alive back then you very well might have attended a Boy George or WHAM concert,

Actually, one of the most memorable concerts I ever went to was in the 1980s:

* A FLOCK OF SEAGULLS (sounded terrible "live")
* THE FIXX
* THE POLICE

The concert was in an open-air football stadium and it lasted about 6 hours if you count the breaks between acts.

That sounds like a fun concert. I always wanted to see The Police but never got a chance. I did see Huey lewis and The Thompson Twins though. Thumbup

I wasn't knocking the 80's. I enjoyed them more than the 90s or 00s. It might be because I was younger and more carefree in the 80s but I suspect its because the 90s and 00s just sucked.

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
66Crush
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2011, 11:53:26 PM »

You'll always be discovering something from an earlier time that's cool. I discovered a lot of cool bands after they're heyday. All the classic rock bands, Zeppelin, The Beatles, etc. But also old movies like the Universal and Hammer Horror stuff. I grew up in the 80's, which were the golden age of pop culture. It was the dawn of digital technology. Everything was so larger than life and brand new. People had less options, therefore they were less jaded. So they were excited about every little new thing that came out. People from my generation seem to have the most nostalgia because the 80's were simply so big. I do however envy younger people for some of the things they have today, but I think my generation had it alot easier. The economy was better and I think as a result we all had more fun. But I have to admit, the girls today are so much hotter and sexier than they were in the 80's and I envy you twenty-something guys for that.
dean

« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2011, 12:27:55 AM »

It seems to me that young people today don't have as much knowledge about things that occurred before they were born than young people did when I was a kid.  When I was very young in the late 1960s and early 1970s, I was well aware of the movies, music, and history of my parents' generation and earlier.  I don't think that is necessarily the case today.  Part of the reason is television.  With so many cable and/or satellite channels available, it is difficult to get exposed to movies, documentaries, television shows, and other programming from the past unless you specifically look for it.  

I put it down to information overload.  There is much more TV and movies than ever before, the internet is spawning more and more things to distract us.  It is quite impossible to know as much now because it seems like there is so much more to know perhaps?  That and modern programming doesn't show as many older shows as they did 'back in the day' purely because there is newer material to show. 

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2011, 02:17:11 AM »

Burgermiester is right. Back in 1972-I was 10 years old.  I knew Bela,Boris,both Chaneys,Caplin,Laurel and Hardy,the Little Rascals.
BUT that was due to uhf TV. Which played over and over old films from the 1930's. And from Famous Monsters of Filmland magzine. I dont see in kids the...I dunno...the familarity? The Love?
The new breed of Monster fans...God Bless them...grew up in the video and compute rage. Aint the same,somehow, as  keeping awake untilll midnight to see a double feature on a uhf channl of DRACULA'S DAUGHTER and the WEREWOLF OF LONDON.
I-like Burgo-miss the 70's.
Just an old man dreaming.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
dean

« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2011, 04:31:12 AM »

But then you'd miss out on all the cat memes!  The humanity! 

http://dropline.net/cats/

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2011, 05:29:50 AM »

But then you'd miss out on all the cat memes!  The humanity! 

http://dropline.net/cats/

Small | Large

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
dean

« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2011, 08:04:01 AM »

Somehow this can be applied to 90% of all internet activities.

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2011, 12:05:27 PM »

TeddyR

Now I REALLY want to live in the 80's!

I want to go back to the 80's to watch Iron Maiden! TeddyR

yeah no.
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2011, 12:30:12 PM »

What you're talking about is not so much a wish to be older, but simply to have been alive at an earlier time. There is nothing inherently wrong with this and it can be perfectly healthy and fun provided it does not consume the individual. If you are entertaining the past at the expense of being in the present, well, that's up to you to work out. Do you feel that is happening?
I've often felt that way. I was born in 1963 but I kind of wish I had been born about 20 years before that. I adore the music of the 50s and 60s.....even the 40s....so being alive when it was all around would have been so cool.

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Sad Fact about me « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.