Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:23:49 PM
713375 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Are you on any medication? « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Are you on any medication?  (Read 14819 times)
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2011, 02:31:21 AM »

Within the first three months of taking it, I started getting out more and even created my business, Eastern Iowa Airsoft, from scratch.  Still on it and doing fine.   Smile

I say  Thumbup to that.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
BoyScoutKevin
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2011, 06:04:42 PM »

Ye-es!

lisinopril
lipitor
metroprolol
venlafaxine

That is the prescription medicines I am taking, the cardiologist also has me on over the counter baby aspirin.

There is a couple of pieces of good news out of all that. (1) I use to take nitrostat for my heart, as needed, but my heart condition has improved to the point that I no longer need to take it. And (2) three out of four of the medicines I am taking are generic, so my pill bill only comes to about $69.00 a month. I go to the pharmacy, and I see people with a pill bill for $200.00 and up, and I wonder how they do it.

Silverlady
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2011, 10:26:56 PM »

I posted early on that I take Zoloft (mellows me out) ... but forgot about Crestor for high cholesterol.  I was on Nexium for a peptic ulcer for quite a while,  but have been off of it for about a month now.  So far so good. 

Hold onto your dreams ....
Hammock Rider

« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2011, 09:09:59 AM »

I had been thinking of doing a topic or something on this but here is as good a place as any:

I have had OCD handwashing contamination fear type OCD for the last 10 or so years. It was "under control" with 200 mg of Zoloft (so much so I was down to 50 for a while ) I also developed some unhealthy ritual type behaviour which was also under then out of control . I recently got a new job that is long hours and very tiring. Under control got totally out of control. Compounding this was my new psychiatrists idea to take me OFF Zoloft completely and put me on celexa which is like the East German communist version of Zoloft as far as I can tell.  

The last month has been harrowing. I didn't think a person could feel this bad and still be alive. hour long showers, anxiety totally out of control,etc the mornings are especially awful. I would describe them as just total dysphoria however you spell it. I worried myself sick. It was nuts. I was at 0 physically and mentally. It looked like I was headed to a hospital but I've been grinding it out and it's getting slightly better in some ways. As of like an hour ago I'm getting back on Zoloft.

I don't usually share stuff like this but just to warn or remind people: don't wait till you hit rock bottom to seek treatment. Little things that seem like they are under control and even beneficial can get out of control and dangerous before you know it.

Hey lester I'm sure the Zoloft will help. Remember you weren't just adjusting to a new med, you were also dealing with going off the old med. I don't know why doctors take people off a med when it seems to be doing it's job. The only thing I can think of is that the Celexa rep maybe gave your doc a better deal somehow. Anyway, hang in there. And maybe try to get more rest. I know my OCD is worse when I'm stressed and tired.

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2011, 12:29:36 PM »

Ye-es!

lisinopril
lipitor
metroprolol
venlafaxine

That is the prescription medicines I am taking, the cardiologist also has me on over the counter baby aspirin.

There is a couple of pieces of good news out of all that. (1) I use to take nitrostat for my heart, as needed, but my heart condition has improved to the point that I no longer need to take it. And (2) three out of four of the medicines I am taking are generic, so my pill bill only comes to about $69.00 a month. I go to the pharmacy, and I see people with a pill bill for $200.00 and up, and I wonder how they do it.

I actually had quintuple bypass heart surgery about 5 1/2 months ago which got me off Clonidine. Also,since my blood sugar went up a lot I was taken off Metformin and put on the insulin.

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2011, 10:02:39 AM »

So I've been back on Zoloft for a week or so.  I'm still in pretty bad shape but I've been trying to break out of it. Starting to talk about it more with my family, therapist and places like this have helped alot. For so long it was my dirty little secret. Unfortunately, or darkly fortunately, it got to the point where I couldn't hide it anymore. I have had some serious freakouts and some real successes recently, sometimes multiple times in the same day! It's hard. Fighting OCD impulses is very hard because it's your achilles heal if you have it. It's like an elephant trying to not be afraid of a mouse. I was taking a walk last night and I said to myself I would rather walk stark naked down the street than go back home and continue to torture myself  pushing my boundaries.

I have no choice though. When you give in to OCD you just create more fear till theres no where you feel safe except your bed.  If I hadn't gotten this new job and/ or experienced everything I have over the last few months I would be still have "under control" various OCD's and be alot happier than I am now but it would only be a matter of time. They've been really cool at work and I'm going to get a route ( I deliver amazon packages) that is smaller. Delivering stuff is like working in a factory, very tedious and you just sit there and trhink of stuff with no human interaction. My driving job before this was much easier and had shorter hours and was in the city. This one is just driving around my town which is nice but pretty dull. I'm really not cut out for the long hours. At least not doing this type of work, maybe with something more stimulating it ould be lessso.

Anyway, thanks again for all the support
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 10:05:47 AM by lester1/2jr » Logged
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2011, 12:27:31 PM »

Nothing that's as much fun  as what I USED to be on!

I just want everyone to know, I'm not making fun of the topic; I praise God I'm not having to take meds these days.

I have a sensitivity to anti-depressants, so much so that I've had episodes of violent behavior when on them-I served nine years in prison after being charged with Attempted Murder back in 1997, the result of a psychiatrist perscribing me two anti-depressants (lithium and Depakote) at once.

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Are you on any medication? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.