Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:44:05 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Punch-Drunk Love « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Punch-Drunk Love  (Read 1559 times)
Vik
« on: August 31, 2011, 11:51:53 AM »

Just watched it, and loved it. It's one of the few  films Adam Sandler is actually great in, the role was perfect for him. I wouldn't say it's on par with PT Anderson's other endeavors, but it's a really good film.
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 12:36:30 PM »

I kind of think of this one as PT Anderson’s “other film.” It didn’t do very well in in it’s theatrical run, and had only modest success in it’s video release. But I do think it is a good film. A little shorter than most PT films, and the quirkiest romantic comedy I’ve ever see, if you can call it that. Adam Sandler was good in the role. It fit him for some unexplainable reason. He was such a neurotic but symapthetic character, and found the perfect woman, one who was just as nutty as he, but with the emotional stability he lacked and so desperately needed in his life.

I understand many on this forum are probably not going to go for a film like this, and that’s fine, but I thought it was just fine.

Bonus quirk points: PT actually uses music from Popeye (1980) in the soundtrack, and it works.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2011, 07:36:12 PM »

I find PT to be hit and miss, but that's just me.  I quite liked Punch-Drunk Love, Hard Eight and Boogie Nights.  His other works, not so much.

I am a big Sandler fan, and was hoping he'd pull out a decent enough performance.  I feel he did, overall.  It's outside his usual overgrown 12 year old buffoon character so that's a plus for most.  John C. Reilly does good dramatic stuff with PT, but most know him for his comedic stuff like Step Brothers and Talladega Nights.  A lot are shocked he started in drama. Buggedout

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Punch-Drunk Love « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.