Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:36:14 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Andrew appretiation Thread « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Andrew appretiation Thread  (Read 2931 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« on: September 03, 2011, 06:00:13 AM »

If it wasnt for Andrew-we wouldnt be here.
On top of being the BEST reviewer of bad movies (Micheal Weldon is way too cold and unfunny),Andrew has a vast knowledge...moutains amount of knowledge....makes my old ass look sick. And I thought I knew s**t.
Show the love for our mighty leader.
Andrew-you put up with a lot of my bulls**t.....amazingly. I got banned from Stomp Tokyo for much less.
Thanks,man.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2011, 08:01:50 AM »

Andrew is a great guy, without him I wouldn't know as many movies as I do. And I wouldn't have gotten the chance to converse with some awesome people.  Cheers

Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2011, 08:12:08 AM »

Andrew brought me back from the dead so...

Cheers!

Cheers

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2011, 08:38:17 AM »

Andrew, the big man with the plan.  Thumbup

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2011, 09:59:16 AM »

The creator, the big chief, as neutral as Switzerland and deserving of extreme respect. Andrew built it and we came. He also puts up with a a lot of loopy guys like myself, so I am very grateful for his tolerance.

Thumbup

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2011, 10:12:51 AM »

A toast to our great benefactor!  All hail Andrew!  Cheers 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2011, 10:24:48 AM »

The always firm-but-fair owner of the forum. Patient but no pushover. Founder of an excellent online community and operator of the best-run board I've posted on. To Andrew Borntreger, the founder of the feast.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2011, 10:33:12 AM »

Cheers Cheers Cheers

cheers boss

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2011, 04:32:35 PM »

This really is the best run forum I've ever been to.  Those reviews aren't half bad either   TeddyR

Thanks Andrew!

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2011, 06:28:29 PM »

Ah Andrew - a fearless Marine, a hilarious reviewer, and the chief principal of this school for online psychosis known as BMDO!!!! Hail to the chief! Cheers

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Menard
Bad Movie Lover

I Am Vitriol...When You Say My Name You Praise Me

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2011, 07:06:08 PM »

Ah yes, Andrew, the man of everybody's dreams; or at least of KYGOTC's and several other board members' dreams. Buggedout

I recall when Andrew and I first communicated on this forum so many years ago. He was upset, broke a heel or something like that, and being the kind, compassionate person I am, feeling that he needed a shoulder to lean on, I was more than willing to find someone for him to lean on.

(of course, my memory of the events could be off just a little bit...just sayin')

Hell, if it wasn't for his review style I wouldn't be here (now stop blaming it on him). His reviews were damn funny and insightful, and sometimes his opinions might be right (ahem). TongueOut

Despite us butting heads on a few occasions (you know, like lately whenever we talk), he has always tried to approach things with neutrality and understand others' viewpoints.

It's too bad he's not on the forum more, but that's a sign of increasing responsibilities including growing kids and being able to spend more time with the family, including my godson, Little Menard.

And if I didn't actually like the blond bombshell I wouldn't pick on him (just don't let that go to your head).  TongueOut

Olivia Bauer

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2011, 07:44:14 PM »

I know little of his personality, he doesn't post frequently, but I probably wouldn't have tried the forums if his reviews weren't funny. I owe that to him.

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2011, 11:44:06 AM »

Thanks AndrewThumbup Smile

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2011, 03:10:24 AM »

Pfft. Andrew, Andrew, Andrew.

You guys are only saying that because he managed to put together this website, which has managed to create one of the greatest communities of bad movie-philes the internet has ever seen. The fact that his laissez-faire style of webmastering has created a respectful environment where people of all different stripes and creeds can argue without all the nonsense is okay. I guess.

I suppose you'll pull out the tired old canard that he has managed to keep this website alive while still serving in active duty in the USMC. Oh sure he's incredibly busy, but he still maintains this website as a labor of love, of which we all benefit.

Fete the man if you want. I'll always remember him as the guy who created a website where I have created literal friendships with its fans. This is the first place I go to when I log on to these internets, and you expect me to thank the guy?

You know what? I can't even keep up this faux criticism. For better or worse, badmovies.org has been a part of my life for over a decade now. Thanks, Andrew, and thanks to everybody else who has made this small section of the internet worth my time.

Applause!

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Cthulhu

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2011, 03:18:59 PM »

Thank you, Andrew. Just thank you.
This is the best forum ever.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Andrew appretiation Thread « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.