Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:17:57 AM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Trying Objectionable Food « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Trying Objectionable Food  (Read 9964 times)
Nukie 2
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I did it all for the...

« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2011, 11:20:01 PM »

I recommend alligator tail, it tastes like a cross between chicken and pork chops.

I wanna try kangaroo tail and tacos made from cows head meat-- the real stuff!

Watch Nukie on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wab1Y713tN0
"Like" International Fans of the Movie Nukie and Sias Odendaal on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/International-Fans-of-the-Movie-Nukie-and-Sias-Odendaal/135820159771783
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2011, 01:55:00 AM »

Well, it's kind of what got me interested in the topic. If the world made sense, we would all be eating bugs. Pure protein and fat, and there is nothing easier to farm than insects. So much more energy efficient that growing cattle.

At the same time, cultural factors tie into it. What can be more all-American than a peanut butter and jelly sandwich? Most Europeans find that particular combination to be completely disgusting.

I'm not sure if I mentioned it here, but I ate live ants off the branch in Ecuador. They tasted like lemons.

I'm with Andrew Zimmern, what seems bizarre in one culture is de rigueur in another.

As a last aside, I tried raw oysters. Kind of like sea-flavored snot. Not bad, just sea-flavored snot.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2011, 02:19:23 PM »

I ate a restaurant called Rosario's in San Antonio, TX. I had a plate of parillas (grilled food) called "Poquito de Todo" (a little of everything). Listed on the menu as:

"A trio of grilled sweet breads, crispy tripas, chicharrones guisados, served with charro beans, guacamole, & pico de gallo & homemade tortillas."

I was under the impression that sweet breads were brains, but a Google search tells me they are the thymus and pancreas. They looked like brains. They tasted okay, but with a really fatty sort of texture. They were also pretty heavily spiced, so the flavor of it was not that overpowering.

The fried tripe was good, as were the chicharrones (fried pig skin).

Not bad at all, but none of those would probably be my "go to" food. I recommend that restaurant, though.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2011, 08:58:49 PM »

You were in San Antonio and didn't call me? I'm only an 1 1/2 hours away from there.  TongueOut

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2011, 12:10:02 AM »

You were in San Antonio and didn't call me? I'm only an 1 1/2 hours away from there.  TongueOut

Wait, you didn't take my call? Then who in the world were the people I was staying with?

Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2011, 07:09:40 AM »

Wait, you didn't take my call? Then who in the world were the people I was staying with?

I don't know, but if they didn't tie you up, smear honey on you and put you on a fire ant nest, then they couldn't have been anyone related to me...  TeddyR

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2011, 03:51:57 AM »

Limburger cheese.

Limburger is probably the most notorious of the "stinky cheeses." I grew up on Warner Bros. cartoons using it as the gold standard of stank. I bought some from the store the other day.

Yes, it stinks to high heaven. My brother described it as smelling the inside of a diaper. I thought it was more akin to the remnants of a foot fetishist orgy... after it had been left in the sun all day.

Anyway, I tried it on some toasted rye today. I guess the way it is usually served is on rye with an onion and some brown mustard, served with either beer or strong coffee. I just tried the rye.

The cheese itself has a very pleasing texture. It's akin to cream cheese, but a little bit firmer. The texture is actually great. When you bite into it, it's actually sort of fantastic. In fact, if you can get over the smell (which you will not be able to do), the first part of the chewing is great. But then there's this weird undercurrent that sticks around. The bacteria that make this cheese what it is are related to the very same bacteria that cause B.O., and that's what sticks around. Imagine licking the stomach of a fat man that just spent a few hours in a mosh pit. That's Limburger.

I don't know, maybe I should have tried it with the onions. I can't imagine myself seeking this out again.

Word of warning! Do not handle Limburger cheese with your hands! I have tried dousing my hands with 409 to get rid of the smell, but it lingers, it lingers...

Texture, great. Taste, not so great. Smell, I suffer...

claws
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2011, 09:06:52 AM »

In Germany they serve Limburger with a vinaigrette made of vinegar and oil, thin sliced onion rings and caraway seeds. Tastes great like that.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2011, 09:20:49 AM »

Limburger is pretty good on a sandwich with salami and onions. I'd eat it more often if not for the cost. I can get a lot of cheddar for the same price as a small package of limburger.

The funkiness can be lessened by cutting off some of the rind. I do the same thing with some kinds of brie that have a strong ammonia stink. It's mostly in the rind.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2011, 09:32:08 AM »

I am nowhere near as adventurous as some of you guys when it comes to food. I've had an ostrich burger and a buffalo burger, which for me is "weird."

I have also had alligator beef jerky, that was kind of odd.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Raffine

« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2011, 10:11:22 AM »

Limburger is pretty good on a sandwich with salami and onions.

I experimented with Limburger a few years ago out of curiosity and this onion/salami sandwich was suggested to me. The smell is terrible, but it was tasty. Not good enough to look for it too much or pay the high price, though.

I like anchovies on my pizza, which many find disgusting. Many pizza places don't offer anchovies any more.

Casu marzu is sort of the ultimate objectionable cheese - and being filled with maggots that launch themselves at you - one of the most overall objectionable things on God's Green Earth.

I'm guessing there are some vomit inducing videos on youtube showing smiling folks eating hipity hopity maggots in their cheese.

Feel free to look for them!  Smile
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 10:44:08 AM by Raffine » Logged

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Trying Objectionable Food « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.