Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:10:41 PM
713370 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Thoughts on 9/11? « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Author Topic: Thoughts on 9/11?  (Read 30885 times)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2011, 02:38:02 PM »

I was listening to Howard Stern. There was an initial report and I think they thought it was fake then the word got in. I always remember Stern saying "We knew something like this was going to happen" I think about that sometimes.

My stepmother was in tower two and was I believe in the stairwell when the second plane hit. She had worked there in 93 and been through that so she didn't hesitate. She rounded everyone up and got them out quick. I called my Dad when it started and after that he ran over there and was one of those people outside.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2011, 09:59:29 PM »

Wow Lester, I didn't realize your family was that close to the scene of the attacks.  Glad they both got out OK.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2011, 09:45:29 AM »

My stepmom was a real hero that day. What I love is that they both went back to work the next day! She in the Brooklyn office. 
Umaril The Unfeathered
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2011, 02:51:34 PM »

Wow Lester, I didn't realize your family was that close to the scene of the attacks.  Glad they both got out OK.

I second that notion, very glad to hear Les's family were OK  Cheers Cheers

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2011, 11:50:57 PM »

It's here.  It's been 10 years.  I want tomorrow (today) to be over.  I feel sick, been dreading it.  I finally read all the posts.  I'm trying, really hard not to become crazed again.  I had many customers and friends right there, that day, but I know I'm fortunate.  Here's my thought: It's the most terrible single day in the history of man.  The insanity, the murderous cruelty, the single-minded evil, the epic destruction...  I can't stand to think about it.  I really avoid talking about this.  It decimates me.  It makes me hopeless. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2011, 11:58:53 PM »

It's here.  It's been 10 years.  I want tomorrow (today) to be over.  I feel sick, been dreading it.  I finally read all the posts.  I'm trying, really hard not to become crazed again.  I had many customers and friends right there, that day, but I know I'm fortunate.  Here's my thought: It's the most terrible single day in the history of man.  The insanity, the murderous cruelty, the single-minded evil, the epic destruction...  I can't stand to think about it.  I really avoid talking about this.  It decimates me.  It makes me hopeless. 

As cynical as I can be somtimes, I never feel hopeless. I do hope, in my heart of hearts, that this day is really without incident. I understand people's desire for remembrance and commemoration, something I do not share entirely. I just hope that the unthinkable does not happen. If it is a quiet and eventless day, I will be happy.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2011, 12:07:33 AM »

It's here.  It's been 10 years.  I want tomorrow (today) to be over.  I feel sick, been dreading it.  I finally read all the posts.  I'm trying, really hard not to become crazed again.  I had many customers and friends right there, that day, but I know I'm fortunate.  Here's my thought: It's the most terrible single day in the history of man.  The insanity, the murderous cruelty, the single-minded evil, the epic destruction...  I can't stand to think about it.  I really avoid talking about this.  It decimates me.  It makes me hopeless.  
As cynical as I can be somtimes, I never feel hopeless. I do hope, in my heart of hearts, that this day is really without incident. I understand people's desire for remembrance and commemoration, something I do not share entirely. I just hope that the unthinkable does not happen. If it is a quiet and eventless day, I will be happy.
I can't sleep.  
Only that topic makes me feel that way, hopeless.  You don't understand.

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2011, 03:04:44 AM »

I can't sleep.

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2011, 09:00:16 AM »

People may have forgotten it actually took like 2 hours for the towers to fall which is why so many people did manage to get out.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2011, 09:48:46 AM »

From the bottom of my heart, thank you to anyone who has contributed in any way these past ten years to keeping us safe from a repeat of September 11, 2001, particularly members of the armed forces and the families who love them and miss them during their absence from home. To those who have fallen in defense of democracy, let their sacrifices never be forgotten. In tribute to those who lost their lives ten years ago, let there be meaning in their deaths by having we who survive use that terrible day as a lesson in the savagery of the foe, that we may never again be unprepared and never again see the like of 9-11-01. It is my deepest hope that those who once celebrated the events of that dark day will forever have cause to replace their laughter with bitter tears.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2011, 12:23:24 PM »

I was in 2nd grade when the bastards killed the innocents, but that's not the end. One of my class mates, her uncle was one of the first responders and charged into the building, but didn't come out alive.  Bluesad

yeah no.
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2011, 01:49:15 PM »

From the bottom of my heart, thank you to anyone who has contributed in any way these past ten years to keeping us safe from a repeat of September 11, 2001, particularly members of the armed forces and the families who love them and miss them during their absence from home. To those who have fallen in defense of democracy, let their sacrifices never be forgotten. In tribute to those who lost their lives ten years ago, let there be meaning in their deaths by having we who survive use that terrible day as a lesson in the savagery of the foe, that we may never again be unprepared and never again see the like of 9-11-01. It is my deepest hope that those who once celebrated the events of that dark day will forever have cause to replace their laughter with bitter tears.

Cheers  Thumbup Wink Thumbup

Best post of the entire thread.   Some karma coming your way too.

It is my deepest hope that those who once celebrated the events of that dark day will forever have cause to replace their laughter with bitter tears.

Double werd, brother!  Yamamoto said it on the deck of his battelship, and now these scumbags have found out, that they have "awakened a sleeping giant."  The ass kickings wil now continue...

God Bless America!

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2011, 11:39:01 PM »

It's 12:30.  It's over.   Bluesad  I'm glad.  I'm glad.   Thumbup Smile

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2011, 11:42:25 PM »

I'm glad the day passed without any further attacks.  I was very nervous.

However, I was hoping that my Cowboys would administer a little 9/11 butt-kicking to the Jets, but it was not meant to be! BounceGiggle  I think NY had too much cosmic karma going for it on this day!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2011, 04:25:00 AM »

Yesterday afternoon at about 15h00 our time, Fox News broadcasted their 'Timeline Of Terror' feature and I sat watching the horror once again. At about 15h20, everything got a bit much for me and I went out for a while: the horrific visions in my mind and I could almost hear my heart pounding, just as it did in 2001 at almost the same time. I do believe that I cried then and I know I cried yesterday.  Bluesad

I will add this:

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2036119/9-11-Anniversary-Obama-rounds-day-remembrance-Kennedy-Center.html That final picture of a new dawn breaking in New York: wow.

And this, which I also put on my FB page:

God bless America ~ rise up, be strong, be proud.  Smile

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Thoughts on 9/11? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.