Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:44:13 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Thoughts on 9/11? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Author Topic: Thoughts on 9/11?  (Read 30875 times)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #60 on: September 10, 2013, 03:57:45 PM »

And here we are 12 years later getting ready to take on Syria....
nope
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #61 on: September 10, 2013, 06:52:55 PM »

You know what I have come to dread every year about this time are the nutcases who rise to the surface among more dignified remembrance events and make claims like:

"Ah defunutely think the Jews done 911. I seen a viduh on utube what proved it. Thats why there werent no Jews there in the twin towers that day. Some secret agent from Isreal done called everybody with a Jew last name and said dont go to work today there brother. Thats what I heard. Now the Pentagone? That was the A-rabs done that though."

Honestly, they'll come out of the woodwork tomorrow and I sure wish they wouldn't.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #62 on: September 10, 2013, 10:03:24 PM »

I have a former student, an active duty U.S. Marine, who is a conspiracy theorist on 9/11, apparently believing that the Bush/Cheney administration staged the whole thing in order to make money for their big oil and banking buddies.

No amount of reasoning will dissuade him, and it's very saddening - first of all that he would believe such a thing of our own government, and secondly that all the evidence debunking the conspiracy claims seems to make zero impact.

September 11, 2001 was the hardest day I ever spent in the classroom.  Looking back a dozen years later, I am still saddened by it.

But friend Trevor - put away the sadness and have a great birthday! 
Living life is the best way to honor the dead.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #63 on: September 11, 2013, 01:46:06 AM »

I have a former student, an active duty U.S. Marine, who is a conspiracy theorist on 9/11, apparently believing that the Bush/Cheney administration staged the whole thing in order to make money for their big oil and banking buddies.
No amount of reasoning will dissuade him, and it's very saddening - first of all that he would believe such a thing of our own government, and secondly that all the evidence debunking the conspiracy claims seems to make zero impact.

Ask that guy - although he is entitled to his opinion - if my continuing grief and stress disorder was also staged?  Bluesad

September 11, 2001 was the hardest day I ever spent in the classroom.  Looking back a dozen years later, I am still saddened by it.

That was the hardest day in my life, even my Dad's passing doesn't come close to it.

But friend Trevor - put away the sadness and have a great birthday! 
Living life is the best way to honor the dead.

I will try: it's hard but I will try.  Smile

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #64 on: September 11, 2013, 01:59:42 AM »

On 9/11 2002 though my second son was born.  I still think it's a little weird that we have a party on 9/11, but I'm not going to let my kid down.

Happy birthday to your young man for today.  Smile

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #65 on: September 11, 2013, 05:59:06 AM »

To the 9/11 victims: may you rest in eternal peace - warm South African hugs to you all.  Bluesad Bluesad

Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #66 on: September 11, 2013, 02:20:48 PM »

nope

Yeah I myself am against the action...we all know the Russians and Chinese are the wildcards in something that might blossom over to U.S. soil (if it hasn't already.)  Let the Middle East take care of their problems for once.
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #67 on: November 15, 2013, 01:19:22 AM »

nope

Yeah I myself am against the action...we all know the Russians and Chinese are the wildcards in something that might blossom over to U.S. soil (if it hasn't already.)  Let the Middle East take care of their problems for once.

I guess we can all be thankful that we have no actual leader in the White House to drag us into another ego-driven war that we as the United States of America simply cannot afford as a country. No, all we have at the helm until 2017 is a self-centered, egomaniacal tycoon that imposes himself as King of the United States. I enjoy watching all of his policies fail, because the fraud of a president can't even keep all of his lies straight. How many foreign countries are laughing at him now? Even Vladimir Putin wrote a letter to the American people recently telling us that we all deserve a better leader than this one, and Putin is supposed to be our enemy!

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #68 on: November 15, 2013, 01:38:45 PM »

nope

I guess we can all be thankful that we have no actual leader in the White House to drag us into another ego-driven war that we as the United States of America simply cannot afford as a country. No, all we have at the helm until 2017 is a self-centered, egomaniacal tycoon that imposes himself as King of the United States. I enjoy watching all of his policies fail, because the fraud of a president can't even keep all of his lies straight. How many foreign countries are laughing at him now? Even Vladimir Putin wrote a letter to the American people recently telling us that we all deserve a better leader than this one, and Putin is supposed to be our enemy!

So you were sad to see the fall of W. Bush when he lead us into war with Iran, who didn't have Osama Bin Laden in?

yeah no.
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #69 on: November 15, 2013, 05:54:15 PM »

So Putin says we need a better president?

While I agree, Putin sure as hell isn't one to talk about being a good president.  Look at how the Soviets formed the post WW-2 World...they armed, trained and politically and militarily advised every Third-World Country and spread their seed to all of Asia and the Middle East.
And now they sit on the UN Security Council with their "comrades." the Chinese and step in the way of every Western interest or any sort of move against their client-states. And now the Chinese are arming Pakistan.

Look back to how Communism spread after WW2. It's always been my opinion that Germany should have won on the Russian front. We might not have had N. Korea or N. Vietnam or the Cuban missile crisis or any of the other stuff the Soviets were behind.

This in no way is to be conflated as support for the Nazis, but being I'm of German heritage, I have fallen prey to this unfair prejudice many times in the past and with some of the things I have heard some of the same people support on their own time, these individuals have no right to criticize. A lot of lives could have been saved with the eradication of Stalin and Kruschev and friends.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #70 on: November 15, 2013, 06:05:39 PM »

Even when Hitler studied Napoleon, he should have known NOT to attack Russia in the Winter. TongueOut

yeah no.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #71 on: November 15, 2013, 07:31:54 PM »

I am one of this forum's resident right wingers, but even so, I would like to suggest that perhaps this topic should be steered away from becoming a political debate that will inevitably turn into a flame war and change nobody's mind?

We all have strong opinions, and obviously everybody but me is wrong about something.   But unless you are prepared to immediately elect me emperor of the universe, this is pointless.  And, to be honest, a bit disrespectful of the original topic.

Loves to you all, let's talk some movies!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #72 on: November 16, 2013, 02:14:16 AM »

So you were sad to see the fall of W. Bush when he lead us into war with Iran, who didn't have Osama Bin Laden in?

We were deceived by faulty intelligence and a complacent Congress that funded the war in Iraq. We were also deceived by Saddam Hussein himself, who wanted Iran to believe that Iraq had WMDs to thwart a possible invasion from Iran. Saddam Hussein miscalculated: http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/01/27/saddam.cbs/

As for Osama Bin Laden not being in Iraq, we all knew of Bin Laden's involvement with Iraq's WMD program. The Clinton Administration certainly knew enough about it to indict Bin Laden in 1998: http://www.fas.org/irp/news/1998/11/98110602_nlt.html

The indictment noted that Al Qaeda, Bin Laden's international
terrorist group, forged alliances with the National Islamic Front in
Sudan and with the government of Iran and with its associated group
Hezballah to "work together against their perceived common enemies in
the West, particularly the United States."

Additionally, the indictment states that Al Qaeda reached an agreement
with Iraq not to work against the regime of Saddam Hussein and that
they would work cooperatively with Iraq, particularly in weapons
development.

The plot in this particular bad movie was pretty thick.

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #73 on: November 16, 2013, 02:45:10 AM »

I am one of this forum's resident right wingers, but even so, I would like to suggest that perhaps this topic should be steered away from becoming a political debate that will inevitably turn into a flame war and change nobody's mind?

We all have strong opinions, and obviously everybody but me is wrong about something.   But unless you are prepared to immediately elect me emperor of the universe, this is pointless.  And, to be honest, a bit disrespectful of the original topic.

Loves to you all, let's talk some movies!

Well said, and I myself meant no disrespect.  I simply hypothesized that a German victory may have eliminated many of the post WW2 woes as the Soviets wouldn't have armed, trained, or established political beachheads in places like Afghanistan or Syria or China because they wouldn't have had Stalin or Kruschev.  

Don't forget that our original pre 9-11 involvement in Afghanistan was to help them topple the pro-Communist Najibullah regime, or that Libya was a Russian backroom darling and a major Soviet hardware client state. OR that the Russians have naval bases in Syria and that a certain day in October of 1961 almost led to WW3 for America.

If Communist Russia would had been wiped out by Germany, or by Patton's recognized dream of a follow-up strike on a weakened Russia, we may not have had all of this. and may not have had a 9-11 either. That's all I meant.  Always remember that all roads are connected at some point.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #74 on: November 16, 2013, 11:30:01 AM »

... this is pointless.  And, to be honest, a bit disrespectful of the original topic.
Indy, I wish the knuckleheads would listen to you. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Thoughts on 9/11? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.