Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:01:33 PM
714377 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  My Trip In The Ambulance « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: My Trip In The Ambulance  (Read 5829 times)
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« on: September 08, 2011, 01:31:48 PM »

I've just got back from Preston hospital. I was rushed there this morning at about 10am due to severe chest pains, back pains and shortness of breath. I've had 4 blood tests, 2 X-rays, 2 ECG's and a ton of tablets and oxygen. It's not my heart which is a relief, but I found out that I have damaged cartilage in my chest and traces of fluid on my chest and lungs.

I had woken up at about 6am and immediately realised that my chest and back were killing me. I just thought I had slept funny and was stiff because I had been totally fine the day before, so I still got ready and trudged off to work (albeit in a lot of pain) thinking it would wear off. It didn't. It got worse around 9.30 and everyone thought I was having a heart attack, which prompted my colleagues to call the paramedics. The doctor who dealt with me at the hospital says that I may have to rest for up to 3-4 weeks, plus he's given me a load of anti-inflammatory medicine and told me that if I start coughing anything up or my breathing worsens I must call the emergency services immediately. It hurts to talk, walk and take breaths...

Anyone else ever had this before??

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 01:47:20 PM »

Not me, but I am sorry to hear about your pain.  Strong wishes from the other side of an ocean for your speedy recovery.  Thank goodness it is not your heart. 

We love you, you know, and need you around. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 01:47:35 PM »

Holy crap, that sucks!  Hope you can convalesce properly.  I have never been the prone person in an ambulance (I've ridden with someone before).  Best of luck to your hopefully improving health; my thoughts are with you.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Silverlady
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 02:50:43 PM »

I feel so bad for you, Circus.  Bluesad  Have you been coughing? It almost sounds like pneumonia.  Rest ...  take whatever meds the doctor prescribed for you.  Feel better soon ...

Hold onto your dreams ....
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2011, 02:54:20 PM »

I feel so bad for you, Circus.  Bluesad  Have you been coughing? It almost sounds like pneumonia.  Rest ...  take whatever meds the doctor prescribed for you.  Feel better soon ...

Thanks for the well wishes guys. No, no coughing Silverlady. I did have to sneeze before unfortunately and it felt like someone was trying to yank my ribcage out with a claw hammer.

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2011, 03:00:47 PM »

So sorry to hear that Circus!  Rest up and get well.  Hope those med's do the job.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
JJ80
Nutter Magnet

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2011, 03:25:35 PM »

Sorry to hear about that Circus. Get well soon!

There are few things more beautiful than a sporting montage with a soft-rock soundtrack
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2011, 03:36:26 PM »

Get well soon, my good man.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2011, 03:42:44 PM »

Wow, sorry to hear that.  I wonder how your cartilage got damaged?  Get better and spend your bed time catching up on bad movies!

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2011, 03:49:30 PM »

Sorry to here about that Circus. Get some good rest and get well soon!  Thumbup

Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2011, 03:49:59 PM »

I wonder how your cartilage got damaged?

I have no idea. The doctor and nurses where a bit baffled. They said it happens, but it's quite rare. I kept getting asked all sorts of zany questions about my everyday activities and I told them over and over, "I don't do this....and I don't do that" and that I was "just sleeping". Since I took some more tablets before, the pain in my back seem to have subsided but the pain my chest has spread across my whole chest from the right side and is still agonisingly assiduous.

Cthulhu

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2011, 04:46:49 PM »

Sorry to hear that, man. However, I'm glad you're okay. Thumbup
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2011, 04:52:50 PM »

Dam. That sucks. I hope you get better soon,my freind.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
dean

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2011, 07:23:13 PM »

Maybe those pricks from earlier came back and jumped on your chest while you were sleeping.  Buggedout

3 to 4 weeks is a lot of time to catch up on some bad movies!

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2011, 07:27:44 PM »

I wonder how your cartilage got damaged?
I have no idea. The doctor and nurses where a bit baffled. They said it happens, but it's quite rare. I kept getting asked all sorts of zany questions about my everyday activities and I told them over and over, "I don't do this....and I don't do that" and that I was "just sleeping". Since I took some more tablets before, the pain in my back seem to have subsided but the pain my chest has spread across my whole chest from the right side and is still agonisingly assiduous.
I thought the same as dean, except, I'm thinking your tussle could have perhaps caused the injury.  Sometimes things take awhile to hurt...

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  My Trip In The Ambulance « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.