Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:04:17 PM
714321 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Im losing it. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Im losing it.  (Read 9057 times)
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2011, 11:58:15 AM »

Man, I don't know you, but I agree, you need help. Alcohol is not a solution; I know.

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2011, 12:32:10 PM »

RC, we don't hate you. The world may be in a mood, but we here are sure not. We love you!

yeah no.
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2011, 01:42:39 PM »

I'll second what has been said.   We do care about you here, and you're right, friends over the internet can only be so much help.   You need to see someone in person soon to get professional help.  If there is a particular doctor or counselor whom you trust -- someone who listens to you carefully and takes what you say seriously -- you need to go see that person as soon as possible, and tell him or her where you're at.

I cannot say it better than what Zap said above.  We feel your distress but other than to listen, that's all we can do at this distance.  We'll always be here to talk with you, every step of the way, but you need someone professional and right at hand to help you find your balance.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2011, 02:26:24 PM »

Man, I don't know you, but I agree, you need help. Alcohol is not a solution; I know.

You're right, alcohol isn't the solution, I should know personally, living in a house full of alcoholics when I was growing up becuse certain members of our family "took what they could get" for soul mates for fear of searching for someone better. With the predictable toll it too on the rest of us, needless to say.

That aside, totally agree with the rest of the board, RC. Get some help. Sometimes we can't do it by ourselves, and need assistance. No shame, man.  You're family with me too and we all love you here at Badmovies.  Best of luck to you  Thumbup

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
Cthulhu

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2011, 04:23:40 PM »

Seek some help, man. I'd like to see you get better.
Remember, seeing a counselor doesn't mean you're crazy. It should really help you.
Please, go and find one.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2011, 05:41:49 PM »

I know I'm repeating what has already been said but I think you may want to see a psychologist.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2011, 06:28:28 PM »

I generally agree with the rest here. Sounds like you may be suffering from depression, or it may even be more than that, but depression itself can be very severe to live with. Depression and social and anxiety disorders need treatment. Seek some help and hopefully they'll be able to point you in the right direction. You may need medication to help you with all this. A lot of folks on here have openly talked about how taking the right medication has benefitted and changed their lives for the better.

A lot of people turn to alcohol when they suffer from depression but it's not the answer to self-medicate. Or try and destroy yourself...it's no answer. I've seen families affected this way personally before. I've seen kids forever seeking the approval of an absentee father who truly seems to love the bottle more than his kids who he couldn't be bothered with most of the time. Sometimes the same kids have been known to act out just to get attention, attention lacking throughout their lives. Not saying that's your life in particular. Just something I've personally seen up close. I've also seen guys destroy themselves with alcohol abuse, losing control of their bodily fluids numerous times. I know of a family where two sons killed themselves in this fashion, one with alcohol poisoning and the other with liver problems. Alcohol takes you away but it's not the answer. The answer is to get help and hopefully with it make changes to your own life. Life truly is what you make of it. Approach life in a negative fashion and you will only see negative. Embace the positive, however little wherever and whenever you can, and your life will change.

From Wiki about alcohol abuse:

"Symptoms are the defining characteristic of alcohol abuse ....Patient will often complain of difficulty with interpersonal relationships, problems at work or school, and legal problems. Additionally patients do complain of irritability and insomnia.

Signs of alcohol abuse are related to alcohol's effects on organ systems. However, while these findings are often present, they are not necessary to make a diagnosis of alcohol abuse. Signs of alcohol's effects on the central nervous system acutely include inebriation and poor judgment; chronic anxiety, irritability, and insomnia often feature. Alcohol's effects on the liver include elevated liver function tests (classically AST is at least twice as high as ALT). Prolonged use leads to cirrhosis and failure of the liver. With cirrhosis patients develop an inability to process hormones and toxins. The skin of a patient with alcoholic cirrhosis can feature cherry angiomas, palmar erythema and - in fulminent liver failure - jaundice and ascities. The derrangements of the endocrine system lead to gynecomastia. Inability to process toxins leads to hepatic encephalopathy.

Binge drinking is associated with individuals reporting fair to poor health compared to non-binge drinking individuals and which may progressively worsen over time. Binge drinking is associated with alcohol poisoning, unintentional injuries, suicide, hypertension, pancreatitis, sexually transmitted diseases, and meningitis, among other disorders. Other negative consequences include social costs (including interpersonal violence), drunk driving, and lost economic productivity. Impairments in neurophysiological and neurocognitive function can result from binge drinking. A substantial proportion of alcohol-related deaths are due to binge drinking."

I'm not telling you what to do as much as it may seem like it. You are free to make your own choices only be aware of the potential conseqeunces. The only way to change one's life, and it sounds like you want it to change, is to take action oneself. Sitting and wallowing and crying in your drink will get you nowhere different than where you are. That's an harsh truth but it's reality. But with the right treatment and help, especially if you're suffering from depression, your life could change considerably for the better.

I hope you don't hate me for telling you this but truth is, I like the others on here, care about you and hope you can get well. You seem like a decent good-hearted fellow and you deserve better for yourself than this.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2011, 06:36:31 PM »

RC, I know that i'm going to just be repeating everything that's already being said, but I think you need to get some help. Don't feel ashamed about because your a good guy and don't deserve to feel like this.

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2011, 12:26:24 AM »

Hey Ronnie - if you need an actual voice rather than letters on a screen, PM me your number and I'll give you a ring tomorrow.  I don't know that I can help, but I can listen and be there for you.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2011, 03:25:41 AM »

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2011, 03:27:42 AM »

You think its funny.
Of course you do.
Dick. BounceGiggle

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2011, 03:28:30 AM »

You think its funny.
Of course you do.
d**k. BounceGiggle
You need to look at some of my other posts.  I can barely see, but, I can't sleep. 

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2011, 03:30:56 AM »

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be offensive, but I was laughing and was commiserating.  

Im losing it. I REALLY think Im going insane...I cant do it. I cant do it.
Edzactly.  Which is more precise than "exactly"!

Drink
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 03:34:56 AM by Allhallowsday » Logged

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2011, 03:50:00 AM »

Yer still a dick. Rationalize it all you want. Yer a dick! I

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
claws
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2011, 04:43:32 AM »

As far as profesional help...I been to rehab twice. Booze is not my problem.

You said many times that you are an alcoholic. Booze is part of your problem: Alcohol or drugs are often used to self-medicate the symptoms of depression or anxiety.
There ya go.

There isn't really much we can do on a internet forum except to encourage you to do the right thing. You don't wanna spend the next couple of years posting threads like this anymore. Get a grip on yourself and start your recovery. Like, yesterday.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 07:44:12 AM by claws » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Im losing it. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.