Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 03:56:26 PM
714218 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Wizard of Gore « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Wizard of Gore  (Read 3115 times)
StatCat
« on: April 01, 2001, 03:01:10 AM »

Has anyone seen this film? Its out on DVD by something weird video. I saw it today, bought it, and then returned it sortly after because the disc was scratched when I opened it (It was sliding around in the case along the plastic holder) I have it on order now. Its by the same guy who made Blood Feast and some other early gore films. It just looked sort of comical by the cover and description on the back, I had to see it.
Abby
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2001, 07:28:50 AM »

Wiz is my favorite HG Lewis flick. (next would be 2000 Maniacs because that 'South will rise again' song is so darned catchy; then Blood Feast.)

Wonderful use of animal innards ... and by far the best 'magician gone wrong' entry of its time.

Lewis' (intentional) attempts at surrealism are not to be missed. Montag 'tears asunder all rules of logic' and all sorts of important-sounding stuff. And the ending ... ah, the ending. I won't spoil it. You probably won't see it coming if you haven't watched Wiz before.

There was a video game called Phantasmagoria that came out a few years ago which ripped-off many of the gore scenes from Wiz o' Gore. I've always wondered if it was intentional, or if HG Lewis had wormed his way into the author's creative subconscious.

I don't know whether Girdler gore guy Pat Patterson worked on this one or not. He probably did.
Scott
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2001, 08:17:34 AM »

I have really wanted to see anything that Something Weird Video is distributing. Blockbuster and Hollywood Video haven't picked up any of the titles yet.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Wizard of Gore « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.