Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:48:50 PM
713363 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Return of the Killer Tomatoes « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Return of the Killer Tomatoes  (Read 7876 times)
Vik
« on: September 12, 2011, 03:01:06 PM »

I don't care what anyone says, this is a good movie. I dare say I like it even more than Plan 9 from Outer Space. It was hilarious.
Small | Large
JayJayM12
Regulary relieves himself on hospitality...
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 12:26:11 PM »

I don't care what anyone says, this is a good movie. I dare say I like it even more than Plan 9 from Outer Space. It was hilarious.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSlPC4z4jvg

I couldn't agree more!  I actually have a soft spot in my heart for all the killer tomato flicks...

Check out my movie reviews and articles at:  www.cinedump.com<br /><br />Or, don\\\'t check them out - see if I care.  You\\\'re not my real mom anyway.  Unless, you are.  In which case, whatever, I\\\'ll do what I want.  It\\\'s my hot body.  Y\\\'all don\\\'t know me.
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 12:28:28 PM »

I haven't seen it before, but isn't this the movie with George Clooney and a large of amount of silly product placement?  If so, I got to see this since I saw a copy at my local library in the movie section they have.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 01:01:14 PM »

Wow....I need to see that. I really love the original....classic bad movie! Thumbup

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
Vik
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2011, 01:01:40 PM »

I haven't seen it before, but isn't this the movie with George Clooney and a large of amount of silly product placement?  If so, I got to see this since I saw a copy at my local library in the movie section they have.
Yeah, that's it.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2011, 02:51:35 PM »

I've only ever seen the Attack of the Killer Tomatoes. I'll have to check this out.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2011, 12:06:55 AM »

I like the entire Tomato franchise. In fact, watching Killer Tomatoes Strike Back! at the moment.

Oddly, Clooney seems glad to have done it and has talked about it here and there.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
tracy

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2011, 12:18:06 PM »

I like the entire Tomato franchise. In fact, watching Killer Tomatoes Strike Back! at the moment.

Oddly, Clooney seems glad to have done it and has talked about it here and there.
Hmmm...kinda proud of it. Clooney just went up a notch in my estimation. Smile

Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2011, 12:56:57 PM »

Hmmm...kinda proud of it. Clooney just went up a notch in my estimation. Smile

I've got nothing against Clooney. The man has created an interesting niche for himself in the entertainment world. Good for him. I also give him credit for anything he has done with the Coen Brothers.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2011, 05:46:52 PM »

Not to stray too off it, but aside from some of his political rumblings, Clooney seems a generally personable guy and has made a few films I actually like. In fact, unlike most actors who tend to not wanna mention earlier works in tv and b-movies, he answers most questions honestly. In fact, despite being in Tomatoes and on Facts of Life and Roseanne, he just laughs, says mostly kind things and says all actors need to start somewhere and needs credits on a resume.

Only movie I hear him disparage is Batman and Robin, rightfully so.

Jim H

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2011, 06:23:58 PM »

Not to stray too off it, but aside from some of his political rumblings

He's actually one of the few actors involved in politics who I feel actually knows what he's talking about (though I don't always agree with him).  Probably due to influence from his father, who was a fairly solid TV journalist and columnist.  He largely sticks to humanitarian stuff, and if if you ever hear him talk about it, he's obviously a pretty well-informed and intelligent guy.  Plus, he seems to hold a degree of fondness for ROTKT, so he's cool in my book.   Thumbup

And yeah, I've got a soft spot for ROTKT.  My favorite part of it is the fuzzy tomato...  I think the shots where it is standing on the motorcycle helmet as they zoom around is hilarious.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2011, 06:35:43 PM »

I didn't mean it to sound like a discredit about the political stuff. I agree he seems to know about it. I'm just not fond when most actors try to dictate it, kinda like Team America. ;)

tracy

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2011, 12:14:39 PM »

Not to stray too off it, but aside from some of his political rumblings, Clooney seems a generally personable guy and has made a few films I actually like. In fact, unlike most actors who tend to not wanna mention earlier works in tv and b-movies, he answers most questions honestly. In fact, despite being in Tomatoes and on Facts of Life and Roseanne, he just laughs, says mostly kind things and says all actors need to start somewhere and needs credits on a resume.

Only movie I hear him disparage is Batman and Robin, rightfully so.
Batman and Robin was a disappointment for me....I don't think it was Clooney as much as it was the material he had to work with.

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2011, 12:17:36 PM »

I thought Clooney was good. He does say 'I killed Batman'. Nice of him to blame himself instead of saying 'Yo, the writers suck donkey dong.'

Vik
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2011, 12:23:25 PM »

I thought Clooney was good. He does say 'I killed Batman'. Nice of him to blame himself instead of saying 'Yo, the writers suck donkey dong.'
Especially seeing that it's actually the writers and Schulmacher that were responsible.

And Clooney's liberal, so it's all good  Thumbup  I think one of the reasons he openly talks about ROTKT is that he was actually good in it. He had his charm from day one.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Return of the Killer Tomatoes « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.