Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:50:56 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Does 3-D hurt your eyes? « previous next »
Poll
Question: Do 3-D movie induce headaches, eye pain, or any other pain for you?
Yes - 2 (9.5%)
No - 7 (33.3%)
Sometimes - 7 (33.3%)
Rarely - 0 (0%)
I've never seen a 3-D movie - 3 (14.3%)
Only SPECIFIC 3-D types - 2 (9.5%)
Total Voters: 19

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Does 3-D hurt your eyes?  (Read 8650 times)
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2011, 10:00:25 AM »

Those red and blue glasses suck! I tried to watch the 3-D version of "Friday the 13th part 3" and it gave me a headache, so I switched to the the 2-D version. I was too young to see it in 3-D at the movies, so at first I was excited about the disc having a 3-D feature, but like I said, headache. Still it's my second favorite "Friday the 13th."

I saw it in 3-D in the movies and the 3-D effects were great.  The red / green method on the DVD really screws it up.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2011, 01:48:41 PM »

Nope, but some of the movies they choose to make 3D certainly do!   BounceGiggle

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Raffine

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2011, 03:42:44 PM »

The 3D movies I've seen of late seem to work OK ad I haven't had any bad reactions - other than the ticket cost!

On the other hand, like the Burgomaster said,those early 80's 3D movies pretty much sucked. I remember seeing PARASITE in 3D and it gave me a clanging headache and I threw up in the parking lot afterwards!

One of the most effective and well done 3D efects I've seen in a theater was a special rerelease of CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON with the original polarized glasses. The effect was impressive! The underwater scenes looked like a giant cube of water was floating in the theater, right in front of you.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2011, 04:08:39 PM »

never watched a whole film in 3D. I've tried but it just seems patronising and I feel stupid sat there with 'magic glasses' on. didn't add anything to the films

Ultimately, if a film's 3D effects are an integral part of its raison d'etre, then it obviously isn't a very good film in the first place. the only bad thing is this 'gimmick' (which it is) has now had zillions of dollars injected into it, so the industry has shifted toward a focus on 3D. Movies are clearly now pressured into being 3D...a bad thing IMO

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2011, 06:51:01 PM »

No, but it does hurt my wallet. I have to pay $3.00 to $4.00 more for a single movie ticket to watch a movie in 3-D, then I do, if I watch the movie in 2-D.
The Burgomaster

« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2011, 08:09:26 AM »

No, but it does hurt my wallet. I have to pay $3.00 to $4.00 more for a single movie ticket to watch a movie in 3-D, then I do, if I watch the movie in 2-D.

Or $30 - $50 to buy a 3-D blu-ray.  Bought Thor the other day for $29.99.  Ouch.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2011, 03:24:22 PM »

Or $30 - $50 to buy a 3-D blu-ray.  Bought Thor the other day for $29.99.  Ouch.

We haven't bothered to get a blu-ray yet....my sister bought Thor on DVD for my daughter's 20th birthday.

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2011, 03:01:16 PM »

Yeah, blu-ray is extremely expensive, which is why I rarely ever buy one.  I saw cheap copies of Thor on Blu-ray at certian stores the other day.  Of course they were only 5 or 10 bucks cheaper.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2011, 03:27:03 PM »

I only buy movies that aren't 3-D because, you then need a bigass TV capable of 3-D, another $700-$2100?! down the drain. Now 3-D in books, those hurts my eyes and gives me a mild headache.

yeah no.
The Burgomaster

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2011, 10:31:57 AM »

I bought the 3-D blu-ray of MEGAMIND yesterday and it was tremendously impressive.  Possibly the best 3-D blu-ray I've seen so far.

Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Does 3-D hurt your eyes? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.