Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:41:44 AM
713408 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Who is worse? Micheal Bay vs. M. Night Shyamalan « previous next »
Poll
Question: Which director is worse?
Micheal Bay - 11 (57.9%)
M. Night Shyamalan - 8 (42.1%)
Total Voters: 18

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Who is worse? Micheal Bay vs. M. Night Shyamalan  (Read 8956 times)
Olivia Bauer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: September 17, 2011, 09:55:52 AM »

I will not vote, for I have not seen either director's films. But I refuse to watch most of them. I knew before they came out that "Last Air bender" and "Transformers" would suck.

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 11:28:31 AM »

M. Night Shamalama has had a couple of movies I've liked - "Sixth Sense," "Unbreakable" and "The Village."

The only Michael Bay film I've ever really dug was "The Rock."

So I guess I gotta go with M. Night, though honestly if I never saw another film by either director that'd be fine by me.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 12:27:58 PM »

To be honest I'm not a fan of either one.

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2011, 12:44:26 PM »

I like them both. 

I wouldn't want every single movie I watched to be made by them, but I could say the same of any director. 
voltron

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2011, 04:45:36 PM »

I coudn't really pick either since I'm not really familiar with their respective filmographies, but I think if you put a gun to my head I'd go with Bay - never saw any of his films, but just the fact that knowing he did Transformers is enough for me to dislike him.

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
akiratubo

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2011, 06:30:56 PM »

I'll go with Shyamalan.  He has made several movies I simply cannot watch and even his best movie (The Village) isn't very good.

Michael Bay makes movies that are merely kind of annoying but that I can generally watch at least once.

Expanding on that a bit, Shyamalan's work has high aspirations that he just can't seem to fulfill.  Bay's work has no aspirations other than to throw some explosions and gunfights at the audience, and he does that quite well.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 07:26:19 AM by akiratubo » Logged

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2011, 08:09:11 PM »

Shyamalan has made a few decent movies, Bay has just made mindless tripe.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2011, 09:34:53 PM »

I've barely seen anything by either of them, but I voted Shyamalan because he looks like a conceited little prick. 

Hey, it's an internet poll.   BounceGiggle

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2011, 10:19:26 PM »

Shyamalan, but only because he made The Last Airbender. Which I consider to be even worse then Transformers 2.

Micheal Bay is at least good at doing what he's supposed to do.

66Crush
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2011, 11:24:52 PM »

I don't care what anybody says I liked "The Hitcher." It had really good performances from Sophia Bush, Zachary Knighton and Sean Bean. I admit the EFX were a bit overkill, but I've seen remakes that much much worse (Dukes of Hazzard, A-Team, The Hulk, etc.).
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2011, 11:44:49 PM »

I think they're both overrated directors in general. However, I based my decision on the ratio of the bodies of work vs the number of films I could watch. Based on that I voted Michael Bay as worse.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2011, 12:15:42 AM »

Shyamalan is hit or miss, but he actually tries to make some intellectually complex movies with twist endings that surprise the audience, and sometimes succeeds.  Bay simply makes movies with lots of shaky cam action sequences and explosions.  Granted, he does what he sets out to do, but its always more of the same.  Shyamalan is unpredictable and fun.  Bay gets my  Thumbdown for that reason!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Vik
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2011, 06:42:34 AM »

Bay is by far the worst. I agree with what Indianasmith says, that Shyamalan actually tries to make something good. And while most of his films suck, Shyamalan is actually decent at setting up an atmosphere.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2011, 06:49:09 AM »

I went with Bay. He's been involved in about 2 okay movies and directed one decent music video, but everything else is just 3,000,000,000,000 mph hyper-sped trash for morons devoid of souls. Shyamalan has made a couple of decent movies (no remakes), that always seem to have enough story, good atmosphere and correct PACING!!!

Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2011, 07:21:19 AM »

M Knightshamamamamalalamamamamamamamamamdinga donga is by far the worst director.  He's become a bigger parody onto himself than Bay.  At least bay throws out explosions to distract from the awfulness.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Who is worse? Micheal Bay vs. M. Night Shyamalan « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.