Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 12:01:13 PM
714213 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  OH DEAR! « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: OH DEAR!  (Read 5799 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2011, 11:26:35 PM »

You'd think you would figure out what causes that by now . . . . TeddyR

Congratulations.  Children are the one piece of ourselves we leave behind when we shuffle off this mortal coil, and now you have a sizable legacy!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2011, 02:02:26 PM »

congrats Flick, I recently asked a couple who had 3 children roughly aged like yours how they did it (with 2 at least you can each tackle one but at 3 now the kids outnumber the adults). They said the trick was to move to a "zone defense" tactic. If this was basketball I would understand what they meant by this, but as for kids your on your own for interpretation I'm just passing on their advice.

Good luck, who knows maybe you'll get lucky and your latest addition will be a good sleeper.  Cheers

That's funny. Not surprising that a Hoosier would tie basketball into childcare tactics.  BounceGiggle

Actually, most parents of 3 or more that I have talked to say that the transition from 1 to 2 kids is a far bigger deal than going from 2 to 3. I keep thinking it's going to be too overwhelming, but common wisdom is telling me that we've already hit the hurdle of multiple childcare. It does little to beguile me from my current terror, however.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
WildHoosier09
I'm the one who looks like he can use a keyboard
Bad Movie Lover

I've got to find out what causes this and put a st

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2011, 08:04:12 PM »

Yup, very Indiana. Kids and basketball is about all we got. It's not like we can climb any nearby mountains or swim in the ocean.  BounceGiggle

I was scared to death when our second child came around that life would become hell as our first didn't sleep more than 5-10min every 3-4 hours or so for pretty much the first year. My wife and I ended up splitting the night into shifts (I still subconciously consider 2AM to be when my shift ends and I can go to sleep) outside of looking alike our daughter behaves nothing at all like her brother and actually sleep the purported infant average of 18-20hrs/day. Makes things so much easier  Wink

The only difference between zombies and toddlers is one is cuter than the other.
Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2011, 09:50:52 PM »

Congrats, and good luck at the same time.

Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2011, 11:32:31 AM »

Yup, very Indiana. Kids and basketball is about all we got. It's not like we can climb any nearby mountains or swim in the ocean.  BounceGiggle

I was scared to death when our second child came around that life would become hell as our first didn't sleep more than 5-10min every 3-4 hours or so for pretty much the first year. My wife and I ended up splitting the night into shifts (I still subconciously consider 2AM to be when my shift ends and I can go to sleep) outside of looking alike our daughter behaves nothing at all like her brother and actually sleep the purported infant average of 18-20hrs/day. Makes things so much easier  Wink

Thats funny. We do the shift thing to

Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2011, 01:01:39 PM »

This was our life too, I can function at 100% up to 2 Am then I just crash hard...

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2011, 01:02:14 PM »

Oh yeah Flick, your wife caled... Its triplets...
 Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout

-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2011, 06:26:38 AM »

Congrats to  Mr and Mrs James  Cheers

We look forward to the birth of little Trevor..ermmm, I mean, little James.  TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2011, 10:34:37 AM »

I honestly don't know how I'm going to handle this.

My wife is feeling like absolute s**t on toast for this pregnancy. What's more, my children have suddenly become nocturnal. They don't sleep at night anymore. My oldest son has always been a light sleeper, and I suspect he occasionally has night terrors. To compound the issue, he just doesn't go to sleep. He refuses. There is no discipline or approach that seems to work. He sometimes will not go to sleep until 11 at night, and then, of course, he won't get up in the morning and the cycle just continues. If I try to get him up early to try and adjust his internal clock, he will invariably fall asleep in the afternoon for a nap and then we're back to him being up until midnight.

Then there's my youngest. He is suddenly waking up at night a lot where he used to be a really good sleeper. He will scream at the top of his lungs and won't go back down. The only thing that will work is a drive in the car in the wee hours of the morning. If I don't, then he will wake Miles up and then we are in a world of s**t.

It is exhausting, and my wife feeling as lousy as she does means that I am taking care of more duties than I did in past pregnancies, and I am just so unbelievably tired.

I don't know what  to do to get these boys back on track at night and I feel like I'm going to lose my mind. I'm tired and grumpy most of the time lately.

All I can do really is vent, so that's what I'm doing. If any parents out there have been through something similar and can offer advice I would welcome it.

Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2011, 11:19:53 AM »

Congratulation, and best of luck!  For us, what has worked with having three children is "divide and conquer."  If we are having problems with behavior then removing one child from the mix changes the social dynamic.  Jenna is getting old enough so that she will play at a friend's house, and she does baton and dance.  Andy has soccer and cub scouts.  If nothing extracurricular is going on, then we split them up between Katie and me doing whatever. 

You have a rough time with the little ones not wanting to sleep.  When our kids are tired is when they are at their most difficult.  Depending on details, for us either physical activity (running around, even just me and them doing something) before dinner or quiet time after dinner (reading to them, etc.) has helped.  Some kids do have crazy sleep rhythms.  My friends daughter would always wake up around 4:30 -5:00 am.  Nothing would help, and it drove them batty.  She's gotten better about sleeping until a reasonable time as she has gotten older.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2011, 12:47:33 PM »

Congrats! And I needn't tell you that the joys will help overcome the difficulties.

Me and the Missus are praying for you and yours.

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2011, 08:22:31 PM »

Part of it is our fault. We had such a strong routine going at night. I would usually lay in bed with Miles and we would  read books for about 20-30 minutes, and then we would shut off the lights and, while some nights were difficult, most nights he would be out within 20 minutes or so and I would leave the room.

Then a big mistake happened, although I would never have thought it was such an error at the time. We have a guest room with a TV and a DVD player in it for guests. One day I broke out the original Star Wars trilogy to see if he would like it. He loved it. He wanted to watch them all the time. My wife could only handle so much of Star Wars, and I didn't mind, so Miles and I would often have bonding time by going in the guest room and popping in a Star Wars movie. Pretty soon the guest room became his new hangout, and a few times we let him watch by himself at night, he ended up falling asleep watching tv, and that's where the problems started. It's almost  impossible now to get him to settle down and just read some books and go to sleep without something electronic going on, and then he's stimulated and it takes a long time.

I know that what we really have to do here is unplug the tv's at night and get into a different night routine. It's hard though, because with as late as their clocks are now, there are nights when we would really like to watch something and not wait until 11 at night to do it.

Oh well, we just gotta do it.

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2011, 09:02:15 PM »

congrats and good luck

Cheers Cheers Cheers

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  OH DEAR! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.