Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 01:38:42 AM
714255 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Household Items You Can't Seem To Keep In Stock « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Household Items You Can't Seem To Keep In Stock  (Read 2358 times)
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« on: September 20, 2011, 10:54:25 AM »

Don't say condoms or KY because we all know thats not true.   Wink  Seriously, what items in your house do you always seem to be buying every other day?

Paper Towels - I guarantee half our trash are used paper towels (not due to maturbation practices either) .  With three kids you end up cleaning a lot of stuff.  Dinner and lunch time are epic. 

Dishwasher Detergent - A household of five generate a lot of dishes.  Oddly, I only use about 10% of the dish load. 

Toilet Paper - I blame this on my wife...I hardly use it.  I do a lot of my #2's at work it seems.

Hand Soap - I insist every washes their hands to avoid germ spreading. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 11:31:19 AM »

Since my four year old started preschool and they've been very firm about constant hand washing while he's there (before snack time, after snack time, any time they come back from outside, if anyone sneezes, etc.) he's been doing it obsessively at home so we suddenly are going through liquid hand soap like it's going out of style. I'm like "Geez, thanks, school. You gave my kid O.C.D.!" Haha.

Peanut butter never lasts long in our house either. With two growing boys who love their PB&J's plus a Daddy (me) who puts it on damn near everything, we go through a decent sized jar every week to ten days.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 12:20:16 PM »

Detergent, because I don't have a washing machine I have to hand-wash everything I own. I buy it pretty much every other week.

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 12:25:04 PM »

Milk, cereal, diswasher detergent, toilet paper and instant macaroni and cheese.

I got so fed up with buying expensive dishwasher detergent that I experimented with making my own. For about $15 worth of ingredients, I can make five kilos of the stuff.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Hammock Rider

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 12:45:33 PM »

Milk, cereal, diswasher detergent, toilet paper and instant macaroni and cheese.

I got so fed up with buying expensive dishwasher detergent that I experimented with making my own. For about $15 worth of ingredients, I can make five kilos of the stuff.

A. Would you mind sharing your formula?

B. When can you start working on a viable, cheap substitute for toilet paper? ( On a side note, my Dad's only investing advice ever was to invest in toilet paper and underwear. Smile

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 12:54:35 PM »

Toilet paper p**ses me of because I make one roll last about a month, but as soon as someone comes round for maybe 2-3 hours, the f**king roll is gone!

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2011, 02:57:11 PM »

A. Would you mind sharing your formula?

B. When can you start working on a viable, cheap substitute for toilet paper? ( On a side note, my Dad's only investing advice ever was to invest in toilet paper and underwear. Smile

Two parts borax, two parts washing soda, one part trisodium phosphate. It does leave everything a bit spotty though. Been trying out white vinegar in the Jet Dry dispenser to fix that.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2011, 04:38:30 PM »

Tissues- An elf (me) keeps stealing them and using them to clean my room. TongueOut
Milk- My dad always buy a 1/2 gal., but I'm usually out of that on Wednesday. Cheers

yeah no.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2011, 07:57:51 PM »

Definitely TP unless we buy bulk at CostCo.

I have a 16 month old who loves to go into the bathroom when we forget to shut it and empty the TP roll in about 10 seconds. Weeeeeee!

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2011, 08:32:21 PM »

We go through milk to the point where I've actually considered investing in a cow.

DarkSider's Realm

JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2011, 11:19:33 PM »

Tissues (for generally wiping my nose, drying off hands, etc.)
Serviettes (same as above)
Paper Towels (same again)
Toilet Paper (I use an abnormally large amount, always have since I was a kid..maybe there's something wrong? I don't know.)
Granola Bars (they're tasty)
Peanut Butter (yeah I love it too)
Juice & Milk

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
WildHoosier09
I'm the one who looks like he can use a keyboard
Bad Movie Lover

I've got to find out what causes this and put a st

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2011, 11:29:27 PM »

I second the peanut butter. Also we go through poptarts pretty quick. Doesn't help that my 2 year old (slightly grown up version of the kid you see in my avatar) won't eat them if they are broken. As soon as one breaks he'll say "It Broken!, Fix IT! I can't eat!" I try logic such as "2 halves of a poptart are the same as one whole one" (my first mistake) but inevitably I get him a new poptart and eat the broken one.

Yeah, we go through poptarts pretty quick.

The only difference between zombies and toddlers is one is cuter than the other.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2011, 04:03:17 AM »

Peanut butter here too. I eat it all the time.
Light bulbs. For some dam reason they blow out constantly.

B. When can you start working on a viable, cheap substitute for toilet paper?

When I was a kid,dad kept a phone book in the bathroom. With 6 kids and two adults,TP went fast.
Ruff on the old bunghole...but it worked....kept a plunger close by,too.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and

Never give up on love

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2011, 05:48:06 AM »

Black and red pens oddly enough.  I buy the Uniball Signo gel ink ones because they are cheap (around $2.95 - $3 each) and they write beautifully.  I also use them at work because most work places have the cra.ppy el cheapo monstrosities.  So I buy heaps for home and when I run out at work, I just steal one from my personal stash promising myself to replace it but I never seem to do it.

From a strict household perspective, I run out of paper towels all the time.  They are just so darned handy for everything. And it's easy to keep the housework up to date when I can just quickly clean up and random times around the place.

When my son comes over, food of all kinds.  On the weekends, I make a big pot of veggie soup and I usually throw in a handful of marinara mix to boost my protein intake.  I don't eat much so the pot usually lasts me for at least 4 days, and that's for lunch at work and dinner when I get home at night.  But when the boy comes over, he goes "oh yum seafood soup!" and out comes the bowl and the spoon and there goes my pot of soup.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to feed my boy but he's 20 and built like a lumberjack so  it's never just a bowl, it's usually half the pot  Buggedout   He also goes through toothpaste and tissues (from sneezing and asthma).  And if I make baked potatoes, I'm lucky to get a nibble of one.

Also, garbage bags.  The climate here is hot and humid in summer so I'm used to double bagging all the rubbish so it doesn't smell.  Even in winter when it's cooler and I don't need to double bag, I haven't bothered to change my habits.  Thank goodness for the dollar stores.

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Bring back what once was mine
What once was mine.......
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2011, 07:06:12 AM »

Bread comes to mind too.

DarkSider's Realm

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Household Items You Can't Seem To Keep In Stock « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.