Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:23:41 AM
713333 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Can we name 100 Anthology Shows? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Author Topic: Can we name 100 Anthology Shows?  (Read 31621 times)
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #60 on: February 17, 2012, 07:11:34 PM »

61) Tales From the Cryptkeeper (1993-1994, 1997): This animated series based on the Tales From the Crypt comics and also a milder spin-off of sorts from the TV series also followed the anthology style of storytelling with the Cryptkeeper as host relating a story and sometimes sparring with comic book rivals the Old Witch and the Vaultkeeper over who gets to tell the story and frighten all the little kiddies.

Yeah we're over 60 now. Honestly never thought we'd get this far but now I think we might be able to add several more yet.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Pacman000
« Reply #61 on: February 19, 2012, 02:12:35 PM »

I was trying to think of that one! Thank you.

Do we have Steven Speilberg's Amazing Storiesyet?
JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #62 on: February 19, 2012, 03:13:35 PM »

Yes it's already on the list.

Pacman000
« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2012, 10:59:04 AM »

Sorry, I didn't remember seeing it, and I didn't really have a chance to double-check the list.

How about General Electric Fantasy Theater?  IMDB only lists a couple of episodes, but a couple of episodes is still a series isn't it?

Could we include Reading Rainbow, or would that be too far of a stretch?
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #64 on: February 21, 2012, 06:41:27 AM »

.63 (?)-LOVE AMERICAN STYLE (1969-1974)

Heres a clip of an episode with Tiny Tim (!) playing a vampire(!!!)

Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #65 on: February 21, 2012, 08:40:24 PM »

RC, "Love, American Style" has already been listed but I still appreciate the effort and the clip!

Pacman, "General Electric Theater" qualifies as far as I'm concerned - the show was actually on for 9 years and was hosted by Ronald Reagan! "Reading Rainbow" does seem more of a stretch but I think I get where you're coming from suggesting it...

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #66 on: February 22, 2012, 06:08:25 AM »

63. I know it was never aired (much like Karloff's the VEIL seires) but how about the Swedish 13 DEMON STREET series hosted by Lon Chaney?
Some episodes were later edited to make the film the DEVIL'S MESSENGER (1961)

Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #67 on: February 23, 2012, 08:09:43 PM »

Sure why not RC, after all we added "The Veil". And considering it was hosted by Lon Chaney all the more reason...actually I read it did air in syndication. A few more I stumbled across while researching some of the suggestions of RC and Pacman...

64) Schlitz Playhouse of Stars (1951-1959): This classic anthology series, sponsored by Schlitz beer, adapted both dramas and comedies during the 1950s. Initially a live series, later its episodes would be taped. Two of the stories served as pilots for other TV series including "The Restless Gun" and "Tales of Wells Fargo"

Small | Large

65) Lux Video Theatre (1950-1959): Another 1950 television anthology series that spun off from radio (Lux Radio Theater), this series aired on CBS initially running 30 minute episodes but later expanding to 60 minutes. Regular series hosts including James Mason (1954-1955), Otto Kruger (1955-1956), Gordon MacRae (1956-1957) and Ken Carpenter (1955-1957). Later the series would be changed to a musical variety show but eventually would revert back to a dramatic anthology.

Small | Large

Pacman000
« Reply #68 on: February 24, 2012, 10:43:05 AM »

How about The ABC Afterschool Special?
Pacman000
« Reply #69 on: February 24, 2012, 10:49:06 AM »

Do we have Nightmares and Dreamscapes? It sounds like a short-lived anthology series based off stories by Steven King.
Pacman000
« Reply #70 on: February 24, 2012, 10:56:33 AM »

There was a British show based on The Canterbury Tales in 2003.  I don't have many details, but it might be worth a look.
Pacman000
« Reply #71 on: February 24, 2012, 11:00:49 AM »

How about Journey into the Unknown, a British series from 1969-1970 ?
Pacman000
« Reply #72 on: February 24, 2012, 11:08:50 AM »

Stars over Hollywood was a drama anthology from 1950-1951 on NBC.
Pacman000
« Reply #73 on: February 24, 2012, 11:12:55 AM »

How about The 2Oth Century-Fox Hour?
JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #74 on: February 24, 2012, 07:50:28 PM »

Yeah,  all those seem to qualify although I've also seem Nightmares and Dreamscapes listed as a mini-series. Nevertheless it's close enough to anthology in its execution I haven't a problem adding it here.

Also there's...

72) The Revlon Mirror Theater (1953): seems to have adapted many soap style tales.

Small | Large

There were three classic anthologies hosted by women...

73) The DuPont Show with June Allyson (1959-1961) (AKA: The June Allyson Show) - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_DuPont_Show_with_June_Allyson

74) Jane Wyman Presents The Fireside Theatre (1955-1958): Actually Fireside Theater upon further research started as far back as 1949 and was originally hosted by Frank Wisbar and Gene Raymond prior to Ms. Wyman and it eventually becoming "Jane Wyman Presents".

75) Letter to Loretta (1953-1961) hosted by Loretta Young. In addition to hosted, Young also appeared in many of the dramas produced for the show.

Small | Large

76) Robert Montgomery Presents (1950-1957): Montgomery hosted, sometimes interviewed stars appearing in the plays adapted and occasionally appeared himself in the plays.

Small | Large

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Can we name 100 Anthology Shows? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.