Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:04:56 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  So, how are YOU guys doing? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: So, how are YOU guys doing?  (Read 4755 times)
BTM
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: September 25, 2011, 12:45:18 AM »

You know, I must say, I feel a bit like a selfish prick.  Haven't posted much to the BM board, and when I have most of my post have been whiny little diatribes about how bad I've got it.  Me, me, me, me, been so self-centered lately. 

So, I got to think maybe I should ask how you guys are doing.  Anything been going on of late within the past couples months or so with anyone here?  I know someone (can't recall who) is expecting their third child, but that's all I can really think of off-hand.

Anyone have any interesting goings on to share?

Well, hope you're all doing okay.

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2011, 02:24:18 AM »

On leave in Jeffery's Bay - another week in "hell" of eating well, relaxing and walking on the beach. Hope all goes well for you, Mike.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2011, 08:36:37 AM »

Me?

Medium well with a side of mushrooms.

Thanks for asking. BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2011, 08:56:20 AM »

BTM-bless yer heart. Your a good guy,and I dont give a f**k what you did. I care about you. And your crys for help...I do it all the time. We all need help. Asking for it is a sign of hope,not weakness. I wish the best for you.
To answer your question...I go to jail tomorrow.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2011, 08:57:22 AM »

Big things in my life?  Well, I get to spend $4,600 replacing the wall next to our driveway   TeddyR  I dunno, the girls are off at college, our son is at that age where he's too cool to speak to us, and my wife and I are just enjoying the last remnants of summer together.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2011, 10:43:19 AM »

Well, BTM, thanks for asking. I announced recently my wife and I are expecting our third child, and quite honestly it was not planned and I'm a bit terrified. That's an exaggeration, but we're not quite ready for it, but we'll manage.

It ocurred to me that I'm too damn busy to concentrate for two seconds on what's not going well with my life. I guess the moral of the story is to have something meaningful to do. I do hope you find that. Believe me when I say that you can.

Something you might want to consider is some voluteer work. It's great for downtime and feels great to do. And it's something you can easily stop doing once something else comes along. Also, volunteer work is something that will keep you from focusing on yourself. I say that only because you mentioned doing too much of that. Lonliness and boredom can consume one into focusing on one's own problems very, very easily. I've been consumed by it myself in the past. It's a b***h. It'll eat you up. There's something else too. It reminds one that there are others that have it as bad or worse. That's not schadenfreude, it's just a matter of putting things in perspectiive.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
claws
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2011, 12:39:28 PM »

No big things in my life to report. We are planning to move into another house, hopefully, by the end of the year and I'm really looking forward doing that.
The Gravekeeper
addicted to the macabre
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2011, 12:55:51 PM »

Getting close to finishing school and starting to freak out a bit now that it's dawning on me that I'm going to have to enter the real world pretty soon. But at least I've got some good profs and a pretty solid network emerging out of my peers, so as long as I keep working to sharpen my skills and keep an eye out for opportunities I think I'll be alright.
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2011, 12:57:00 PM »

I've had a hellish couple of weeks but things seem to be on the turn-around. First my aging Jeep died, then a few days later Hurricane Irene filled my basement with three and a half feet of water and knocked out my electricity/phone/cable TV for five days.

As my vehicle was a lost cause (getting it fixed would've cost more than the entire thing was worth) I spent a couple of weeks shopping for a semi-decent used vehicle. Last week I landed a 2005 Nissan Frontier pickup, which is a great deal larger than what I'm used to driving so it's been a learning experience thus far.

Finally, this past week we got a call from our bank to tell us we've been approved for a mortgage modification, which means we'll be able to keep our house. We've been skating on the edge of bankruptcy/foreclosure for the better part of a year now so naturally that news was cause for much rejoicing.

So yeah, things were sucking pretty bad but this past week at least, everything's been comin' up Milhouse!! Hope it signals an upward trend.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2011, 03:51:40 PM »

I've got costochondritis and I'm losing my job in two weeks.

retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2011, 07:07:20 PM »

Waiting patiently for the electrician to hook up my hot tub and put in a new control panel, and for the glass company to install my new window pane.  And in the meantime..
GO BILLS!!!

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
BTM

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2011, 08:00:39 PM »

BTM-bless yer heart. Your a good guy,and I dont give a f**k what you did. I care about you.

Well, I really appreciate that.

And your crys for help...I do it all the time. We all need help. Asking for it is a sign of hope,not weakness. I wish the best for you.
To answer your question...I go to jail tomorrow.

Yeah, I read about that.  Wasn't sure what to say.  I appreciate your earlier statements about your previous experiences.  I hope everything goes okay for ya.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 08:05:32 PM by BTM » Logged

BTM

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2011, 08:08:16 PM »

Getting close to finishing school and starting to freak out a bit now that it's dawning on me that I'm going to have to enter the real world pretty soon. But at least I've got some good profs and a pretty solid network emerging out of my peers, so as long as I keep working to sharpen my skills and keep an eye out for opportunities I think I'll be alright.

Well, that's good, I really wish you the best with your degree and all.  That fact you've made a good network with your peers will probably help as well. 

Not to be negative, but I hope you don't end up wishing you'd spent the last four years pursuing something else like I did (do).

BTM

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2011, 08:10:34 PM »

Big things in my life?  Well, I get to spend $4,600 replacing the wall next to our driveway   TeddyR  I dunno, the girls are off at college, our son is at that age where he's too cool to speak to us, and my wife and I are just enjoying the last remnants of summer together.

What happened to your wall?

And how old is your son now, ten?  :)

JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2011, 08:13:13 PM »

I'm here pondering my future as well. I'm not at all certain about my job next year but then it seems to be like that every year. I always try and stay positive as much as I can (and listening to positive hardcore bands I find does help) and I know I have to start making more effort. My girlfriend pointed out I need to lose a few pounds. Going to have to get off my duff and start pursuing my dreams, my future and everything else.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  So, how are YOU guys doing? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.