Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:17:03 PM
714237 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  So, how are YOU guys doing? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: So, how are YOU guys doing?  (Read 4934 times)
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2011, 10:53:59 PM »

Things are actually improving here. Moved the business home, which is working out great. We might have finally sold the commercial building, provided the financing comes through for the buyer. My accountant has finally got my books and tax returns up to date. We had a yard sale which got rid of half the clutter in the basement and made a few hundred bucks, and what we didn't sell went straight to the church rummage sale. Little by little, things are getting simpler and my stress level is going down. I'm also starting to get a handle on the ADD and becoming more productive.

My wife has also figured out that our daughter probably has ADD as well. I'd been saying so for a while, since I see so much of myself in her, and it seemed obvious to me. But now that my wife is seeing it too, she's reading up on the subject and suddenly understanding me a lot better. We're also taking steps to add more structure and routine around the house, and working on teaching Ro some coping skills. This also seems to have side benefits for me.

All in all, I'm feeling better than I have in a long time.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2011, 07:03:19 AM »

Big things in my life?  Well, I get to spend $4,600 replacing the wall next to our driveway   TeddyR  I dunno, the girls are off at college, our son is at that age where he's too cool to speak to us, and my wife and I are just enjoying the last remnants of summer together.

What happened to your wall?

And how old is your son now, ten?  :)

The wall is made out of railroad ties, and god only knows how old it is.  They tend to rot and disintegrate after a while.  It's bulging out rather precariously in one spot.  I don't think it's had any structural integrity for years, it's just that the dirt behind it has finally decided to start moving forward.

Our son's in high school.  He takes after me unfortunately - I don't think my folks had much fun with me when I was that age either.  What goes around comes around as they say   Smile

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2011, 06:28:02 AM »

I'm losing my job in two weeks.

WTF? Why, Circus?  Question

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2011, 02:49:40 PM »

I'm losing my job in two weeks.

WTF? Why, Circus?  Question

Government cut-backs.

Ed, Ego and Superego
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2011, 03:17:28 PM »

Well, I'm sorry as I really really hate my job.  Its a very stable job I'm thouroughly sick of.. now I hear you are losing yours.

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Jim H

« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2011, 06:54:45 PM »

I just had a parathyroidectomy.  Minor surgery, but the thing going crazy gave me a kidney stone which SUCKED.

My girlfriend and I broke up shortly before that.  My only serious relationship thus far.  Been rough - made worse by how difficult it is for me to find women I can relate to.  Blah.

Also, applied to grad school.  Yay.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2011, 09:17:27 PM »

Scrambled, with a dash of salt today.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2011, 07:17:14 AM »

My daughter is getting married in two months and the repercussions are just starting to bear down on me.  I have pretty much been a piece of furniture around the house lately.

But what they say is true. Dad's job for the wedding is to keep his mouth shut and his wallet open.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2011, 04:53:07 PM »

I'm happy, the minor procedure has given my daughter 100% hearing for the first time in her short life.
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2011, 05:40:23 PM »

I've started writing down all the poems, these come to me most frequently, and story ideas that pop in my head. Maybe someday I'll have enough to write a book....

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2011, 10:22:08 AM »

Ed- WOW! that's great!

I am getting alot out of my therapy and medication but it's still a struggle and life is still pretty bad. I see glimspses of a more positive future though. In general it's still really really tough though, especially mornings for some reason, perhaps relating to the medication.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 11:04:08 AM by lester1/2jr » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  So, how are YOU guys doing? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.