Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:06:14 AM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Badmovies.org's Annual October Horror Movie Watching Thread « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11
Author Topic: Badmovies.org's Annual October Horror Movie Watching Thread  (Read 56135 times)
claws
« Reply #105 on: October 22, 2011, 01:36:06 AM »

10/21 #31

The Strangers (2008)

Young couple in a cabin are terrorized by three strangers wearing masks. Simple but effective and very creepy "home invasion" horror with a good amount of jolting jump scares. Perfect for October/Halloween. 5/5
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #106 on: October 22, 2011, 09:37:30 PM »

Another anthology for me. Good old Trilogy of Terror.
Small | Large

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
claws
« Reply #107 on: October 22, 2011, 10:15:42 PM »

10/22 #32

The Omega Man (1971) BD

*gasp* First-time viewing. How I managed not to watch this over the years remains a mystery. But hey, better late than never.
Enjoyed this very much. 4/5
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #108 on: October 23, 2011, 01:42:14 AM »

The Rocky Horror Picture Show - an alien mad scientist creates an artificial man, has sex with him, then has sex with two stranded people who stop by his castle to use the phone.  The scientist's two assistants decide they don't want to remain on Earth any longer, a point which they choose to communicate with an anti-matter gun ...
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 01:45:13 AM by akiratubo » Logged

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
claws
« Reply #109 on: October 23, 2011, 11:49:12 PM »

10/23 #35

Friday the 13th Part III (1982) BD

Already seen on my own in April, watched it again today with guests so no big comments: 3.5/5

Inferno (1980) BD

I finally gave in to one of my least favorite Argento movies and decided to just enjoy it for what it is: a bit confusing, a bit cheesy and very colorful. Looking great in HD. 4/5

Scanners (1981) BD

I thought the German Blu-ray looks pretty good. Soft image at times, but also rich on fine details (clothes pattern). Audio seemed briefly out of sync during the school bus scene. 4.5/5
66Crush
« Reply #110 on: October 24, 2011, 12:31:38 AM »

Today I watched:

Amityville Horror (remake)
Salvage
Monster in the Closet
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #111 on: October 24, 2011, 06:24:46 AM »

5.  I Still Know What You Did Last Summer

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0130018/

Small | Large
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 12:17:34 PM by JPickettIII » Logged

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #112 on: October 24, 2011, 12:20:58 PM »

6.  House of Bones

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1334536/

Small | Large

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #113 on: October 24, 2011, 07:29:50 PM »

Discussed these also in the Recent Viewings thread but feel they belong here too...

Wait Until Dark (1967): Granted more a crime suspense/thriller than horror but has an edge of your seat intense climax that'll rival most slashers as three clever thugs terrorize a recently blind woman (played adeptly by Audrey Hepburn). Things get really edgy when the lights go out. ***1/2 out of ***** stars.

Of Unknown Origin (1983): Again not your conventional horror as a man (Peter Weller) finds himself in an out and out war of wits with a rat for ownership of the brownstone he renovated with his own hands. This rat is however nothing usual - it's more of a super rat which stretches credibility on some levels. Still there's lots of intense  and sometimes gory scenes in this one which should please horror fans. This is one of those films that IMO stays with you for days after watching it and it'll likely have you on the lookout for unwanted critters and noticing unusual sounds late at night. *** out of ***** stars.

Suspect Zero (2004): Not your usual serial killer thriller, this features a most unusual serial killer suspect who's apparently taking out other serial killers. While this is quite gory and disturbingly bleak, it ultimately becomes part gory serial killer horror, part spy-fi thriller. Good performances from Ben Kingsley and Aaron Eckhart make this watchable enough if you're not squeamish, can take a film that's in large part depressing and can get past the confusing first half which will make sense by the end believe it or not. Some great unusual and bizarre visuals enhance the surreal experience of it all. *** out of ***** stars.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #114 on: October 25, 2011, 01:10:14 AM »

The Mummy (1959) - Some archaeologists discover the tomb of an Egyptian queen.  As usually happens with these sorts of things, there's a curse attached to it, and next thing you know Peter Cushing has got a mummy (Christopher Lee) chasing him around.  Really good Hammer Horror film, an old fav'e of mine.  4/5.

Nice bit of trivia for you: Sir Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing became good friends on the set of that film. Lee burst into Cushing's dressing room, loudly complaining "I haven't got any lines!" Cushing's reply was "You're lucky. I've read the script."

TeddyR TeddyR

LOL, would have loved to have met Cushing in real life.  I'm sure he had quite a personality.

*Hits self on head repeatedly*  Buggedout

I checked Sir Christopher Lee's autobiography again ~ I should have checked it before I posted ~ and this bit of trivia is about The Curse of Frankenstein, not The Mummy.

*Apologizes and takes aspirin for headache*

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
claws
« Reply #115 on: October 25, 2011, 02:01:48 AM »

10/24 #36

Mary Shelley's Frankenstein (1994) BD 3.5/5

http://www.badmovies.org/forum/index.php/topic,136119.0.html
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #116 on: October 25, 2011, 06:40:36 AM »

Creepshow 2 (1987) - A trilogy of frightful tales.  The first has a wooden Indian taken revenge on those who killed its owners.  The second had a group of kids out on a lake being attacked by a killer oil slick.  And the third has a woman accidentally running over a hitchhiker who just refuses to die.  Pretty good overall.  I especially liked the one with the kids on the lake.  The totally unknown nature of their attacker adds a nice bit of mysteriousness to it, and the characters are pretty likable.  I think all three had very predictable "twist" endings though.  4/5.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Pilgermann
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #117 on: October 25, 2011, 12:42:02 PM »

I haven't watched too much lately.  All I've seen this month is One Dark Night (1983) which was kind of fun, and Dracula vs. Frankenstein (1971) which was awful in a spectacular way.  I need to see more Al Adamson flicks.

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #118 on: October 25, 2011, 01:21:22 PM »

Watching Tales from the Darkside: The Movie right now. This is another one I'm quite fond of. Saw it with friends at the drive-in, and a couple of times since. Nice trio of tales, with a preppy-killing mummy, a black cat you just can't get rid of and a monstrous love story, all tied together by a boy trying to stall the nice lady who wants to cook him. Cast includes Steve Buscemi, Christian Slater, Julianne Moore, William Hickey, David Johansen, Rae Dawn Chong and Debbie Harry. Similar in many ways to Creepshow, and even includes a Stephen King story adapted by George Romero. Fun movie.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
claws
« Reply #119 on: October 26, 2011, 02:20:25 AM »

10/25 #37

Let's Scare Jessica to Death (1971)

October wouldn't be the same for me without watching this. Creepy little gem that deserves its cult status. 5/5
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Badmovies.org's Annual October Horror Movie Watching Thread « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.