Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:11:04 PM
714380 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Badmovies.org's Annual October Horror Movie Watching Thread « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11
Author Topic: Badmovies.org's Annual October Horror Movie Watching Thread  (Read 56148 times)
Raffine
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2011, 11:27:59 AM »

Our local MeTV or THISTV (I forget which) is showing the Svengoolie Movie on Saturday nights now, featuring classic Universal horrors.  last week it was THE INCREDIBLE SHRINKING MAN, this week it's MOLE PEOPLE, and next week the original DRACULA with Lugosi. Fun host segments with funny but respectful digs at the film.

It's definitely a step up qualitywise from the overly familiar public domain crap Elvira and Wolfman Mack hosted movies they were showing last year.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 12:16:51 PM by Raffine » Logged

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Trekkie313
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2011, 04:41:13 PM »

OCTAMAN (1972) Terrible semi-remake of THE CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON featuring one of the goofiest lookin' monsters in movie history (courtesy of a very young Rick Baker). You'd think Octaman would crush his victims in his hideous tentacles but he instead slaps 'em silly with them.

Here's a great VHS cover for OCTAMAN (why isn't it OCTOMAN?) that for some reason features a Skekix (whatever) from THE DARK CRYSTAL:

I believe they also made a novelization of that movie.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2011, 10:01:29 PM »

Last night I watched CHROMESKULL: LAID TO REST 2.  It was a pretty interesting slasher with some very gory kill scenes; I wish they explained a bit more about who Chromeskull was, why he was killing, and how it was that he had a complex organization to clean up after him and cover up his kills.  This one was good, but left a LOT of things unexplained.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
claws
« Reply #48 on: October 09, 2011, 01:09:25 AM »

10/08 #11

The Voodoo That You Do Double Feature:

The Serpent and the Rainbow (1988)

Craven's most ambitious horror movie? or just another location for Elm Street? Either way, nightmarish visions and cruel political reality clash in this voodoo infused terror flick. Very good film, but the old Universal DVD is lacking. 4/5

The Kiss (1988)

I always thought The Kiss was underrated. And I still think it is. Even though not very original but still decent enough. Gotta love the vicious handpuppet cat from hell! 4/5
claws
« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2011, 11:28:11 PM »

10/09 #14

Zombified Triple Feature:

Let Sleeping Corpses Lie (1974)

Even though sexist and sporting a bad fake British accent this one is still oozing with creepy atmosphere. 4.5/5

Shock Waves (1977)

Seeing John Carradine almost nude is quite unsettling but the rest delivers the creepy goods. 4/5

Zombie (1979)

This looks fabulous upscaled so the upcoming Blu-ray should look amazing. Classic Fulci with a great score. 5/5
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #50 on: October 10, 2011, 05:59:40 AM »

Today, I plan to watch Creepshow.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_6vtAmFnkA

Great show!!!!

Will be on my watch list!

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
JPickettIII
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #51 on: October 10, 2011, 06:14:31 AM »

2.  Troll 2

I added this to my list, I decided to wath this before the Killing Jar.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105643/

http://bestworstmovie.com/

http://www.badmovies.org/movies/trollii/

Small | Large

Small | Large

Watching this now. Will have to stop, got to get ready for work.  Talk about a cheese fest.  I love the absense of acting, the bad Goblin suits (eventhough it the movie is called Troll 2), the jello that the people turn into when they drink the green koolaid and the sex starved teenage boys.  More to come.

Later,

John

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #52 on: October 10, 2011, 06:48:33 AM »

The Blancheville Monster (1963) - Back in the 1800's a group of college grad's go to the castle of one their families.  The father has supposedly been killed in a fire, but it turns out he's just been horribly disfigured and gone insane.  Of course he's kept in the tower room.  Spooky thing happen   TeddyR  This is an old favorite, with quite an involved plot and fairly likable characters.  One of them's a real screamer though, which does tend to grate on the nerves after a while.  3.5/5.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Raffine

« Reply #53 on: October 10, 2011, 09:10:40 AM »

SHERLOCK, JR (1924 Keaton)
Not a horror film, but an incredible comedy/fantasy by the amazing Buster Keaton. Keaton plays a movie projectionist falsely accused of stealing his girlfriend's father's watch. He falls asleep and dreams he enters the movie he's showing, which is about the theft of a string of pearls.

Keaton is always fun but what makes this required viewing are a series of amazing stunts/visual effects Keaton pulls off, almost all done 'in camera': he runs across the top of a moving train, steps into a movie (getting pummeled as the scene keeps changing), jumps through a window into an old lady disguise, rides a railroad crossing gate from a roof to a moving car, jumps into an open suitcase, rides around on the handle bars of a driverless motorcycle, etc.

One stunt has him hanging in a roaring torrent of water that washes him onto a railroad track. He literally broke his neck performing this one (the shot is in the movie), an injury not discovered until the 1930s!

Here's a 'best of' reel:

Small | Large

How he managed the motorcycle passing in front of the approaching train puzzled fans for years until he revealed the simple trick:

it was filmed in reverse.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 09:16:07 AM by Raffine » Logged

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2011, 09:22:00 AM »

I'm planning on watching some legit horror classics and the lovable B-movie horror movies this month: Dracula, Bride of the Monster,  Hobgoblins, Plan 9 From Outer Space, Robot Monster, The Exorcist, Jaws, Manos: The Hands of Fate and Rosemary's Baby.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
JPickettIII
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #55 on: October 11, 2011, 06:31:33 AM »

3.  Little Shop of Horrors (1986)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091419/

Small | Large

"Movie Info
It started as a 1960 Roger Corman horror comedy, filmed in two days; it then inspired a lavish 1982 Broadway musical with music and lyrics by Alan Menken and Howard Ashman. Finally in 1986, Little Shop of Horrors (1960) graduated into a multimillion-dollar, all-star film musical. Rick Moranis plays nebbishy Seymour Krelborn, who works in a rundown flower shop on Skid Row. While his boss (Vincent Gardenia) bemoans the lack of business, Seymour seeks a way of bringing the shop -- and himself -- fame and fortune. He purchases a strange plant from an even stranger oriental street vendor (Vincent Wong), naming the plant after his girlfriend Audrey (Ellen Greene, one of the few carry-overs from the Broadway version). Gradually, Seymour learns to his horror that "Audrey II" (given the voice of R&B performer Levi Stubbs) craves blood and flesh. With each of Audrey II's "FEEED MEEE"s, Seymour must scare up human food to satisfy the plant's appetite. One such victim is dentist Steve Martin, a leather-jacketed Elvis type (the dentist's ultra-masochistic patient played by Jack Nicholson in the 1960 original is here impersonated by Bill Murray). The lighthearted tone of the film darkens as Audrey II grows in monstrosity, but the unhappy ending of the Broadway version is avoided herein. ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
PG-13, 1 hr. 34 min.
Horror, Musical & Performing Arts, Science Fiction & Fantasy, Comedy
Directed By:Frank Oz
In Theaters: Dec 19, 1986 Wide
On DVD: May 23, 2000
Warner Bros. Pictures"
- http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/1012515-little_shop_of_horrors/

Fun movie.  Worth a watch.

Later,

John
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 06:34:24 AM by JPickettIII » Logged

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #56 on: October 11, 2011, 06:50:42 AM »

The Plague of the Zombies (1966) - a professor of medicine is called to the village of one of his former students to help diagnose a mysterious series of deaths.  You might guess from the title what the cause is   Smile  This is a real favorite of mine.  Classic hammer horror, with some of the best characters I've ever seen on the screen, a fairly involved plot, and good pacing throughout.  4.5/5.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #57 on: October 11, 2011, 10:29:59 AM »

Today, I plan to watch Creepshow.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_6vtAmFnkA

Great show!!!!

Will be on my watch list!

I would consider it my Halloween equivalent of A Christmas Story.

And speaking of quality entertainment with Darren McGavin, Im almost finished the complete series of Kolchack: The Night Stalker. Finished episode 18 of 20 on Sunday.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #58 on: October 11, 2011, 10:39:38 AM »

Oh, I also have a couple of horror/thriller movies on deck for today. The Burrowers, which looks kind of interesting, and American Psycho.

The latter is a movie I have so far managed to avoid seeing, but I see it listed on Netflix al the time, and I feel like checking it out. I also just recently found out that the director of American Psycho, Mary Harron, is in fact the daughter of Don "Charlie Farquharson" Harron and his first wife, Virginia "Jan in the Pan" Leith. That got me curious as well.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
claws
« Reply #59 on: October 11, 2011, 12:22:06 PM »

10/10 #15

Anguish (1987)

Zelda Rubinstein delivers as "The Mommy" plus you get a few great psychedelic hypno-moments. Why aren't there more film-in-film movies? 4/5

10/11 #16

Stagefright (1987)

Thrilling slasher, and I always forget how gory it actualy is. Certainly one of Soavi's finest. 4.5/5
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Badmovies.org's Annual October Horror Movie Watching Thread « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.