Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:50:06 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Badmovies.org's Annual October Horror Movie Watching Thread « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11
Author Topic: Badmovies.org's Annual October Horror Movie Watching Thread  (Read 55632 times)
claws
« on: September 26, 2011, 02:50:24 AM »

October is my favorite month and just perfect to watch horror movies.

Here is last year's thread.

Those who want to participate can post their scary October viewings in this very thread. I managed 64 movies last year, aiming for about the same this year.
However, this is not a competition or challenge as some of you might have seen at other internet forums where they usually have a goal of 100+ movies.

Just watch whatever and post here if you feel like doing so.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 06:30:20 AM »

I was looking through last year's thread - gotta dust of some of those old favorites and give 'em a spin again   TeddyR  I've still never watched my Feast Blu ray.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 07:49:01 AM »

Do we have to wait for October, or can we start any time?

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
claws
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 09:21:06 AM »

Might as well any time.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2011, 07:03:28 AM »

Parasite (1982) - In a very moderately post-apocalyptic future, a guy from the city goes to a small and nearly deserted town out in the country.  He gets a hotel room and sets up his scientific equipment - he's got a nasty worm living in his stomach and he's got another one in a thermos that he's using as a test subject to try to cure himself.  Of course some gang of morons steals his thermos, with very predictable results.  There's also some government guy driving around in a black Lamborghini Countach who's trying to track down the parasite guy because, of course, they want the thing back so they can use it for some nefarious purpose.  This was extremely slow moving, one of those movies that seems meant for people to smoke some pot while they watch.  That adds a certain retro charm for me.  Demi Moore is in this, looking pretty cute.  It was originally in 3-D, so things are constantly being thrust towards or away from the camera, which is good for a few chuckles.  3.25/5.

The Dead Hate The Living (2000) - repeat viewing.  Some young people are filming a horror movie in an abandoned building, but as it turns out it's not so abandoned - some mad scientist has been working on bringing the dead back to life, and the ghouls he's created chase our characters around for the remainder of the run time.  This is a nice cheesy Charles Band Full Moon movie, but unfortunately they had to add some overt comedy to the mix which destroyed whatever slight suspension of disbelief I might of had and made it tough to get into this.  Still, it was nice watching cute-as-a-button Jamie Donahue get chased around by nasty undead creatures.  3.5/5.

- Paulo Coelho
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2011, 07:12:36 AM »

I will do my best to watch as many scary, thriller,sic-fi and gruesome movies as I can!   Cheers  I have two on my Direct TV DVR to help start things off.  Vlad and The Killing Jar.  I will list the movie and my thoughts on it.

Let the watching begin.   BounceGiggle

Later,

John

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2011, 07:13:10 AM »

The Legend of Hell House (1973) - a small group of researchers go to a haunted house in hopes of ridding it of its evil presence.  Quite a nice Gothic mansion, and when you've got Roddy McDowall wandering around acting spooky and the quite attractive Pamela Franklin getting attacked by unseen spirits, you've got a good movie.  Wasn't really as scary or tense as it could have been though, maybe just because I've seen it before.  3.75/5.

Hellraiser: Bloodline (1996) - In the future, a space station has been evacuated, leaving only the guy who designed it aboard.  A military unit is sent in to find out what's going on - he's summoned Pinhead using the puzzle box and has a plan to finally send him back to Hell.  But the military folks don't believe any of this, so he explains the whole history of the box and the demons, which we see via flashbacks.  Very cool, definitely my favorite Hellraiser movie.  The stories are all very good and have a wonderfully bizarre and creepy atmosphere.  4.25/5.

- Paulo Coelho
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2011, 07:37:26 AM »

Going to try to watch Fiend Without a Face, Plan 9, and possibly Godzilla: Final Wars.

yeah no.
Silverlady
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2011, 10:58:19 AM »

Going to try to watch Fiend Without a Face, Plan 9, and possibly Godzilla: Final Wars.

Saw Fiend Without a Face a few months ago.  Good cheeze.  I just got a double feature yesterday from Netflix -  Revenge of the Creature/The Creature walks among us.  Sequels to the Creature from the Black Lagoon.  TeddyR

Hold onto your dreams ....
Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2011, 09:55:41 PM »

Going to kick off my October viewing with my first watching of Dawn of the Dead. Ill go from there on what to watch next.

Chainsawmidget
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2011, 01:01:28 AM »

I watch horror movies all year long, but this is a nice catch all thread for them. 

So, since this thread started....

Trick R Treat, which is practically Halloween itself distilled into movie form. It's just a MUST watch.

Next is Scooby Doo:  Camp Scare while not a Horror Movie, it's certainly a spooky monster movie, so that's got to count for something and it gives you some campfire stories and three "monsters" for your buck. 
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2011, 06:45:00 AM »

Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood (1988) - A girl with psychic powers returns to her childhood home on Crystal Lake, accompanied by her mom and her psychiatrist.  The idea (I guess) is that she'll free herself from her guilt surrounding her father's death - which she caused by using her Carrie powers on him.  Next door of course you've got a group of hard partying teens who quickly befriend her.  Oh and that Jason guy is lurking about, really making a mess out of everyone's weekend.  Probably the scariest part about this movie is the girl's mom - she's got some severe hair.  The whole hairsprayed (possibly lacquered?) concoction sits about three inches too high above her head, looking like some bizarre airfoil.  And she's got one of those faces that looks like it could easily penetrate an eighth-inch of steel.  The story isn't bad as we learn that the psychiatrist isn't quite the helpful guy we originally thought he was, and the partying teens next door are all quite entertaining.  4/5.

- Paulo Coelho
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2011, 10:32:35 AM »

Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood (1988) - A girl with psychic powers returns to her childhood home on Crystal Lake, accompanied by her mom and her psychiatrist.  The idea (I guess) is that she'll free herself from her guilt surrounding her father's death - which she caused by using her Carrie powers on him.  Next door of course you've got a group of hard partying teens who quickly befriend her.  Oh and that Jason guy is lurking about, really making a mess out of everyone's weekend.  Probably the scariest part about this movie is the girl's mom - she's got some severe hair.  The whole hairsprayed (possibly lacquered?) concoction sits about three inches too high above her head, looking like some bizarre airfoil.  And she's got one of those faces that looks like it could easily penetrate an eighth-inch of steel.  The story isn't bad as we learn that the psychiatrist isn't quite the helpful guy we originally thought he was, and the partying teens next door are all quite entertaining.  4/5.

The mom in that movie was Susan Blu, in a rare live-action appearance. She's a very successful voice actress, voice director and casting director. I remember taking note of that when I saw the movie, having seen her name on a number of animated shows. Just a bit of trivia.

Check out the filmography:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0089454/

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2011, 01:06:43 PM »

^ Holy crap that's quite a resume   Smile  I was kind of disappointed to see that the bad girl in the film, Susan Jennifer Sullivan, was only in a couple of other things.  And nothing since 1989.  She was the most interesting character IMO.  Her last words in the film were "F*** you.  F*** both of you!"   BounceGiggle

- Paulo Coelho
Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2011, 03:01:35 PM »

Started off last midnight with Dawn of the Dead, and I guess ill go from there.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Badmovies.org's Annual October Horror Movie Watching Thread « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.